How to copy a DVD to HDD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Journeyman
I want to copy a movie DVD onto my HDD; the disc shows two folders one, Audio_TS, 2nd, Video_ TS. I tried to copy paste both the folders on to my HDD, but it says that it will take 41,786 days to complete the copy, which is totally absurd.

Will you please help me with the procedure about how to copy a DVD movie onto my HDD???

I am having a laptop with only a single DVD ROM/burner.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Are u having Vista ? Get SP1 ,this should fix the time required.
All you need to do is copy video_ts folder to your HDD

OP
H

harpoon

Journeyman
First, where can I download Service Pack 1?

Second, can the Video_ts be copied w.out the service pack?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Make an image of d DVD, that way u'll have it in exact format...with menu...chapters and subtitles..........:D

kula

Broken In
@rhitwick .......+2

Best idea ...if u have nero ...then check if u have nero image drive in the nero startsmart->nero tools pop dowm.....in the left side of the nero startsmart ...if u have then use the nero burning rom and copy it by using the image recorder instead of ur burning drive......after coping then now u can mount that image drive in the nero created image drive......if u dont know how to create a nero image drive....reply me

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys I don't know if u already know it..........

VLC can open .nrg files directly, u don't need to have any virtual drive.

How did I came to know:-
I've created some images of "some" DVDs and didn't install 3rd party virtual drive even didn't activate nero image drive. That was to protect it from "wrong" hands:D
But to my frnds it was known wat contents those DVDs contain. So, one day I as I entered my room I found one of my frnds playin those:D. I was shocked as he was not intellegent enough to implement those methods(like insatallin or activatin blah blah) but still playin it. I asked how did he open d file and he told that he simply browsed it through VLC..........dat was a gr8 discovery for me...........:D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Yeah buddy I saw it..........
Even I use this trick now...........
try it urself n c;)

kula

Broken In
hai great ya ....genius stuff.......so how can we some how hide it or just by doing some activity ......i dont want any software engg to find my hiddden files......is there any way to hide

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
If you really want a help on "THAT" purpose I'll redirect u to this thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93348
Go through all the posts................ek na ek to tumhare kam a hi jayega........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.