how to configure a domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

comrade

foreign return(0)
Hi
i decided to install a mail server for my home-lan..i downloaded hmailserver software. Now i need to provide a domain name in the configuration of mailserver..but i really have no idea in configuring domain name for my system. i'd like to have a domain name as www.teamindia.com(locally).
can anyone provide me in setting up this domain name..am running windows 2003 enterprise edition.
Thanks

PS: dont tell me to google & find out..i didnt find proper tutorial to configure it

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Sorry, i think you cant have a TOP Lavel domain name oparating in Local LAN system !! the format you have mentioned is a TOP Lavel domain name, you may know more about a TOP LAVEL domain here, *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-level_domain

!!

Sarvesh

Journeyman
comrade said:
Hi
i decided to install a mail server for my home-lan..i downloaded hmailserver software. Now i need to provide a domain name in the configuration of mailserver..but i really have no idea in configuring domain name for my system. i'd like to have a domain name as www.teamindia.com(locally).
can anyone provide me in setting up this domain name..am running windows 2003 enterprise edition.
Thanks

PS: dont tell me to google & find out..i didnt find proper tutorial to configure it

If you want to configure domain - first of all you should have the domain name registered in your name. Please find out with the domain name providers whether this domain is available or not.

After you register your domain name you and your family members or friends can have individual email accounts with your domain name.

You need to go to either *www.google.com/a/ and create a email service for your domain or *domains.live.com/ and have your own domain name email accounts for free.

Please note that this mail server will not only be available for access in your LAN but also across the web anywhere anytime.

Hope this will help you.

OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
thanks sarvesh,saurav&sumeet..its clear now...
now i had installed a domain controller using AD which reads teamindia.com with host name as mail..so account name looks like accountname@mail.teamindia.com.
i succeeded in configuring the local LAN mail setup. Can i access this mail account from outside.My ip is static & using a CISCO 3700 series router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom