How to block torrent in personal WiFi network?

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Its exactly same. I'm posting btw.

Checked every section. Exactly same, not worth posting. Someone has simply uploaded the default settings screenshot.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Did you check your Router's firmware? Is there any update available?
Maybe some options are not there in the older firmware.

Also what issue did you face when trying to use OpenDNS. Do you have dynamic IP?

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Did you check your Router's firmware? Is there any update available?
Maybe some options are not there in the older firmware.

Also what issue did you face when trying to use OpenDNS. Do you have dynamic IP?

I can't take the risk to update firmware of router. If ever it went kaput, I'm screwed! My mates will kill me.

OpenDNS is working fine but not blocking torrent download, instead its just blocking torrent sites. If someone has already downloaded .torrent file, he can easily go ahead with downloading.

Yeah, dynamic IP.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
one possible way is to forcibly assign different lan IPs to target systems.e.g. target system 1(mac id xx:xx.....) assign lan ip 192.168.3.4 etc.this way port forwarding should not work(UPnP must be disabled in modem/router).btw did you check the port triggering summary button in "Advanced Setup - NAT".

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
All the systems on LAN already have diff IPs.
What do I gain by disabling UPnP ?

No, port triggering is not checked.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
UPnP is must without port forwarding settings for torrents to work correctly in systems behind a router.disable UPnP,reboot modem & then try downloading any torrent.

Top Bottom