How to Backup Stock Rom of Lg Optimus One P500

rockstarmpm

Broken In
Hi,
I have tried dumping the files into SD Card via terminal emulator, I typed this "dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/stock-recovery.img bs=4096" and a.img file of 5MB created. I think it is not the real one, since it is only 5MB.

Any easy way to create a backup of stock ROM?

Gollum

Collector
head over to the android development forum of xda-developers for lg p500 and
look for a thread called rooting installing custom roms. you will get your answers there.

Hi,
I have tried dumping the files into SD Card via terminal emulator, I typed this "dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/stock-recovery.img bs=4096" and a.img file of 5MB created. I think it is not the real one, since it is only 5MB.

Any easy way to create a backup of stock ROM?

what about downloading the stock rom nandroid ? :-D

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Its Indian Version 10b. Android 2.2

Reactions: ico

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i downgraded using kdz. have you seen the number of mobiles getting bricked? for simply not turning off lge modem, ppls are killing their optimus ones.

OP
R

rockstarmpm

Broken In
hmm ok.
what about downloading the stock rom nandroid ? :-D

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Its Indian Version 10b. Android 2.2
I think Android OS in O1 has ID too, so in time of warranty, they may check that too. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@dreatica, are you sure about restoring backup will remove recovery? flashing a rom using KDZ will remove but restoring a rom. kind of odd.

@dreatica, are you sure about restoring backup will remove recovery? flashing a rom using KDZ will remove but restoring a rom. kind of odd.

yes you are right, i meant if u flash rom by kdz- it will erase recovery. sorry for bad selection of words, using ph, I wish digit support tapatalk.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
so restore then flash stock recovery (thankfully i have the image file of stock recovery).

ico told he mailed TDF management about tapatalk. i don't think they replied back.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Rom = full android. backup includes Android & all the games & apps. along with msg and contacts. not sure if the games saved in SD card will be backed up well.

but then backing up ROM using clockworkmod may trigger that fastboot problem. is the problem fixed?

OP
R

rockstarmpm

Broken In
Rom = full android. backup includes Android & all the games & apps. along with msg and contacts. not sure if the games saved in SD card will be backed up well.

but then backing up ROM using clockworkmod may trigger that fastboot problem. is the problem fixed?

yeah, that problem fixed :)

Top Bottom