how much of college book knowledge are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicha

High without substance...
there is a campus interview in my college by Microsoft and my dept is not letting me participate cause i have 2 supplies in 3rd sem.
am doing BCA.

i want to know one thing, how many ppl here are working and are actually implemeting what they studied in colleges?

my friend who has supply is allowed to attend, politics :mad::mad:

the worst part is that ppl who are atttending the interview am sure that they do not know the CEO of microsoft(they all will say Bill Gates).

may 2nd dream job gone with the wind. :(

shashank_re

In the zone
Indian education system sucks dude.Iam not working but my sis does work in Infosys.See keeps saying that not even 2% of her college knowledge is used for doing Job!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
What's a supply? Arrear?

You hardly apply anything you study at college at work I guess, except ways to laze. :)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
My line of course and work is totally different and it needs most of the book stuff i read in college and also i have to update my self..i dont belong to eng or it department..

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Thats what I think Always... That what they teaching us in college is actually of no use in real world... All they teach us is Sh!t... in the end we have to learn on our own... (as I am learning VC++ on my own, thanks qwerty for suggesting.)... And they will not teach VC++ in whole BCA.
College books and course are Sh!t... a suggestion to everyone... Learn something more then that there is in ur books.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
You will have to learn "all necessary things" outside the school/college curriculum...that's indian education. Sux a lot!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yaar definitely most of the teachers are just zombies, u are on your own if u want to do something

praka123

left this forum longback
@quartymeniac:yes,arrear is teh term used in TN :D just came tonight after attending a "dobule batting"(u know?)
while paper pending is easier to understand for outers.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Well i will have to agree with the fact, that my present line of work and what i had studied prior to getting into this field are different. Now am into networking, but i had done engineering in electronics and communication back in the hey days !! All my friends got into software companies, but i thought the other way round...why not try my luck in hardware, networking, system administration??...and now i am fully satisfied with my work and expertise in networking.

Now coming back to the discussion at hand, dear chicha i can understand the pain, they are not allowing u to attend the recruitment...dont despair, maybe the almighty got good plans for u. Try not to accumulate these arrears...

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
The knowledge we apply in our work is too different than what we learned. But we can't APPLY that without the base of the knowledge which we got from books and colleges. Isn't it ?? ;)

OP
chicha

chicha

High without substance...
cool_techie_tvm said:
Now coming back to the discussion at hand, dear chicha i can understand the pain, they are not allowing u to attend the recruitment...dont despair, maybe the almighty got good plans for u. Try not to accumulate these arrears...

what you are saying is true. and i do not think i will have any more.
and one more thing i am planing to do CCNA CCNP and RHCE after my BCA i.e after 7 months.

i want to get into networking too.
please suggest.
thank you all for the support.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I am using 0 % of my college education ... I am a chemical engineer(Hons) by education but a software engineer by job :D :D :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
chicha said:
i want to know one thing, how many ppl here are working and are actually implemeting what they studied in colleges?
NONE! And there are no second thots about it!

Indian Education System needs a drastic overhaul....

ray|raven

Think Zen.
chicha said:

Actually,some of the knowledge we get at college is very helpful indeed.
I'm workin in the Data Warehousing field right now,
and i had a subject in my 4-2(4th year - 2nd Sem) in Engg.
I hated that subject when it was taught :p
but now its helping me a lot,

Sometimes,we are just stuck with the opinion that colleges make us learn useless stuff,but there is some useful stuff too.

Regards,
ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom