how much is downloaded while upgrading from ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 thru internet.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
how much is downloaded while upgrading from ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 thru internet.......?

Can u plz tell me the exact download MBs while upgrading...?

Plz guys if u have upgraded or have seen someone upgrading then plz rreply

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
It varies. Depends on what all applications you have installed over your 7.04. If may, the size increases as updates are downloaded for most of them.

On a vanilla install it perhaps takes around 300 MB. When you run sudo apt-get dist-upgrade, it does show you the amount it needs to download. You can quit it if its beyond your reach.

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
i m asking abt installing fresh 7.04 and then upgrading without installing any additional application

praka123

left this forum longback
Re: how much is downloaded while upgrading from ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 thru internet....

yes,approx 350MB,count in..

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: how much is downloaded while upgrading from ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 thru internet....

praka123 said:
yes,approx 350MB,count in..
its takes around 40mins to install & download on my pc :)

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
u all are wrong...

i installed 7.04 fresh and then upgraded to 7.10..
it showed 589MB to be downloaded.

Before upgrading i had to do updating all packages which took 191MB

so a total of780MB is taken to upgrade from 7.04 to 7.10

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
actually i have 1GB free broadband and only 500MB was left so i could not download 7.10 as it is of 693MB...

so i started with 7.04 as i have its cd..then i updated all packages of 191MB then when i started upgrading to 7.10 then it showed me 589MB to be downloaded and so stopped there..
now i m using 7.04 only...

Can u plz what should i download and install in my new ubuntu as i hve sstill 300MB free to be downloaded on my broadband ..and from 2moro new month will start..

So plz ttell me what and which applications or packages i should install

in other words what are recommennded to download and install when installed new ubuntu

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^nothing is recommended for fiesty fawn if you intend to upgrade to gutsy eventually(which is recommended).Get gutsy gibbon first(December digit).

In the meantime download something else like music(lotsa 'open source' available) or pictures or anything you like.

praka123

left this forum longback
I am wrong.I remove most unused software from Ubuntu or Debian(rarely) after a fresh install.then only I tried upgrading.I did dist-upgrade once from dapper to edgy and it was a mess.and for me,it came 350MB+ IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom