Status
Not open for further replies.

technoteen

Journeyman
hi guys
i use media player 10
today i brought the meteora album from on of my freinds
the files were not having the album information, the files were in wma format
i added the songs to my media library and they were added as unknown tracks with unknown album
i then just changed the album name for all of them to meteora and woosh even not within a second they had all the data like track name,singer , composer and even the photo of the album
i hav a 24 hour net connection so i was connected to net at that time but my speed are just 5KBps, so they connot download the data that fast
i have checked the option for retiereve file information from net

theraven

Technomancer
whats the point of ur thread ?
anyways the internet lookup must be going on in the background ... so i guess u entering the name of the album and the info comin up at the time was coincidence
bcuz for this u dun need to put in anything
once an original cd is detected ( ofcourse) these players look it up on the net and provide u with all the info required
yes along WITH album covers too !

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Wow techoteen cool stuff that...but still do u have firewall enabled to check wheather Windows mediplayer 10 was accessing the net or not..
Finally i feel windows media player 10 has grown up ....
Anyway since you too are from nagpur can you meet and may we can exchange our english collection...i also wanted to show you my gaming parlor ..the number uno in Nagpur , My computer Shop . (These two are my hobby but my profession is Construction )
Lets meet :p

djmykey

Let the music play.....
freshseasons man if ya have a real good collection of songs or u get them from some 1 man u can give them to me. Hey how did ya do it technoteen i wanted that info but still i didnt get it any help on that.

theraven

Technomancer
:SHOCK:
:x
first of all u need an ORIGINAL cd
not a copy .. not written at home
RETAIL !
then u open WMP10/musicmatch jukebox
in MMJB in options theres an option to enable IMDB lookup ( did i get that wrong? )
in wmp goto tools=> options => privacy
under enhanced playback and device experience enable display media information from the internet !

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Raven if u read technteen's post properly u can find that he copied the wma files of cd or hdd something. I don't think we get original audio files in wma format do we ?? I just wantd to know how to get its info filled in the tag in wmp. Btw I have wmp 10.

theraven

Technomancer
:oops:
mustve skipped that
anyways its the same procedure :D
since it was ripped from the original cd
and WMA is WMP's standard and copyright codec ..
they must be storing some info ... or a "code" to the song/album/artist
which they look up in a central database !!!
still a simple task :p
also windows media files also have TAG support
heres something i found *www.mediamonkey.com/product.htm
im guessin dbpoweramp can do the same thing
also there are "metadata tags" inserted in wma files
see here how to extract them *blogs.msdn.com/tims/articles/100730.aspx
can also use registry to enable/disbale cd/dvd / media file lookup
see here *www.winguides.com/forums/showflat....Number=97235&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=
Metadata is a part of content creation that is often dealt with inconsistently by application developers, content creators and hardware manufacturers. However, rich metadata support has become an important part of the digital media experience.
more here *msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwmt/html/wm_metadata_usage.asp

my apologies again !

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok cool info raqven but what abt mp3's does that info go in mp3's too I wanted tags for mp3's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom