How many started downloading Windows 8 CP?

Did you started downloading Windows 8?

• Total voters

maninder4k

Broken In
serpent16 Somewhat I also agree with you as Microsoft have changed the major interface that is Start to another Metro-type? Now it's difficult to handle the apps like we do in Windows XP or 7. It have somewhat changed the meaning of Windows we know!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Arguably first one to start with downloading Windows 8 CP on this forum :D and still downloading it on 56kbps modem since first day.

Only for my family which needs to make some random telephone calls now and then,the download gets interrupted but i think next week round the corner i'll be just there. Will update then.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Arguably first one to start with downloading Windows 8 CP on this forum :D and still downloading it on 56kbps modem since first day.

Only for my family which needs to make some random telephone calls now and then,the download gets interrupted but i think next week round the corner i'll be just there. Will update then.

Dude, even Osama in caves had better internet :p

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Are you trolling here?

LKV5649

El Mismo Diablo
Hey guys,

Just warning you all. Windows 8 CP is not as trustworthy as it seems. Obviously, since the OS is in public testing mode, there are some major glitches. However, be warned! if you install the OS, install it on another drive (other than your C: drive). If you have to revert back to your older (and more trustworthy) OS, and Windows 8 was overwritten onto the older OS, then you will have to do a clean install.

The Start menu has been changed for the better. Looks really good and usability is really nice, with type to search functionality. Game and App compatibility is a problem though, because of testing mode.

I would suggest, wait for the retail. Till then, stick to 7. Its not gonna be another Vista, that's for sure :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The Start menu has been changed for the better. Looks really good and usability is really nice, with type to search functionality.

I am sure many would not agree with you on this.
How can you expect the same efficiency with this revamped (read screwed) start menu when it takes so much time to even load ( compared to previously) and encompass entire screen just to let us select that single app which we want to open. :/

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
serpent16 Somewhat I also agree with you as Microsoft have changed the major interface that is Start to another Metro-type? Now it's difficult to handle the apps like we do in Windows XP or 7. It have somewhat changed the meaning of Windows we know!

Yup.I doubt it will be a hit.I mean so many people get confused with windows 7(I mean the elder people).What will windows 8 do to them?

LKV5649

El Mismo Diablo
True. The start menu may not be as appealing and 'simplistic' as the ones found in the earlier versions of windows. I agree, when I saw that the start had been removed, a part of me died inside. Until I got some third party app to restore the start button, which also opens the metro style in a concise format, preventing the full screen process. If Microsoft can incorporate this, then it would definitely improve the responses from new and 'elder' users.

However, I state once again, the apps have been rearranged for the better. Accessing groups of folders of a specific type is easier, and with the type to search, its kinda fluid. I just didn't like it because of compatibility problems, but that's understandable since its just a preview.

One more striking part (which I truly loved) was the music app. It would automatically fetch data from the internet about the artist who's song you were listening to by displaying info, pictures, different albums and records. And it does this beautifully. These kind of apps will definitely improve user response.

The only challenge Microsoft faces is to appeal to both types of technological generations: old and new.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Microsoft's Windows 8 coming in late October Software | Softwares | ThinkDigit News

But I still feel Windows 7 should have been given atleast another year or two.

students

Right off the assembly line
Re: Microsoft unveils Windows 8 for public test

[YOUTUBE]hjGbaAQyz8Q0[/YOUTUBE]

Say what you want, but I am very excited about windows 8. My amateurish prediction is that it will (to some degree) shift the focus back from the browser to the OS :)

Always microsoft gives their best! So let us wait for public test of win 8

Top Bottom