How many started downloading Windows 8 CP?

Did you started downloading Windows 8?

• Total voters

RBX

In the zone
Downloaded, but no room for installation.

I'm not sure if I'll like this version. Last time I used dev preview (only once), I was stuck trying to figure out how to close the apps.

amrit1

Are we there yet?
downloaded and installed.. Looks good, but an average user, using a mouse or keyboard, will need some time getting used to the new interface.. I miss the good old Start menu though..
Its hard to tell at this early stage that if it'll be a success or failure..

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
A friend of mine has had this installed for about a week now. Initially he was very skeptical about the removal of the start button. The guy now says he prefers windows 8 preview over his Win7.

What i noticed: Shutdown and start-up are really fast. Its probably not going to be very popular desktop/laptop OS, but surely on touch enabled devices is going to be a absolute cracker. My two cents.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok.. Spend my day today making this screen-cast. Not "actually" a screen-cast, but recorded from my 10 mp digi cam. Sorry for the quality of video.
The startup, shutdown and lock screen couldn't have captured from screen-cast anyway.

A new high-def video will be uploaded soon.

[YOUTUBE]lFIOrXj3TIc[/YOUTUBE]

ud0103

Show Time!
I downloaded it but on booting, it asks for the licence key... :( this was not so with the developer preview... Is there a way that I can do it without a key hmm ??

acidCow

Broken In
Well, I've been using Windows 8 since 4 days now as a primary OS. Much to Dad's disappointment; He moved on to my sister's laptop.

Well the first thing I was impressed with was the booting time. Pretty fast I should day considering I've got only a gig of RAM. The first problem I noticed was it integrating hotmail with all metro apps. I gave in my hotmail ID and password during the first time setup.
CHecked my mails from the default mail app. But since everyone in the family uses this desktop, I was a little privacy concerned so I removed my account. VOila, all the metro apps - Music, Pictures, Videos GONE!

They take 5 mins to startup and then ask for a WIndows LIVE ID. I figured out you can go to the desktop , go to My Pictures and see a slide show of 10 pics before this Metro app is ready. Same with Music and photos. I never bothered to even login and check.

Then came browsing. I was pretty pissed off at the Metro UI of Internet Explorer. The tab management and everything sucks. Had a lot of trouble figuring out how to close IE :p

FInally downloaded Chrome and Safari. Searched for some tips. Turns out that you have to drag the app down to close them (only the metro apps).

Also one more thing was the way you shut down : Go to the charms menu ( had a lot of trouble getting it out with a mouse. Used Windows + C ) Then settings and then Power , then shut down. Takes about 10 secs to shut down.

So this was my mini review of WIndows 8 Consumer Preview ( And my life's first review , SO please take it easy on me :p) On the whole, I DON'T LIKE WINDOWS 8 as of yet. Desktops will die! :mrgreen:

Aryansh

Right off the assembly line
i haven't installed it on my PC (not much space, you see), though i tried it a little bit on virtual box and i was not happy..
but just some days ago i saw it on my friend's PC, and i tell you,its really awesome. though lack of start orb is quite irritating and you have to get used to it. most of the live tiles work properly and using them is breeze.
now i am thinking of buying new hdd so as i can try it on my PC

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ whoa! You are gonna buy new HDD just so you can try windows 8 beta!
Pretty slick are you.. :D

Aryansh

Right off the assembly line
well my hd is already full and i am unable to try any other OS due to that. So sooner or later, i was going to buy one anyway..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Just wanted to share this link of a well written article on the main ThinkDigit website :)
Why Windows 8 is a huge gamble for Microsoft Software | Softwares | ThinkDigit Features

noob

Cyborg Agent
Using it currently since day 1.

1. Start up and file copying speeds improved.
2. Usability compared to Windows 7 is far less.

Well, I've been using Windows 8 since 4 days now as a primary OS. Much to Dad's disappointment; He moved on to my sister's laptop.

Well the first thing I was impressed with was the booting time. Pretty fast I should day considering I've got only a gig of RAM. The first problem I noticed was it integrating hotmail with all metro apps. I gave in my hotmail ID and password during the first time setup.
CHecked my mails from the default mail app. But since everyone in the family uses this desktop, I was a little privacy concerned so I removed my account. VOila, all the metro apps - Music, Pictures, Videos GONE!

They take 5 mins to startup and then ask for a WIndows LIVE ID. I figured out you can go to the desktop , go to My Pictures and see a slide show of 10 pics before this Metro app is ready. Same with Music and photos. I never bothered to even login and check.

Then came browsing. I was pretty pissed off at the Metro UI of Internet Explorer. The tab management and everything sucks. Had a lot of trouble figuring out how to close IE :p

FInally downloaded Chrome and Safari. Searched for some tips. Turns out that you have to drag the app down to close them (only the metro apps).

Also one more thing was the way you shut down : Go to the charms menu ( had a lot of trouble getting it out with a mouse. Used Windows + C ) Then settings and then Power , then shut down. Takes about 10 secs to shut down.

So this was my mini review of WIndows 8 Consumer Preview ( And my life's first review , SO please take it easy on me :p) On the whole, I DON'T LIKE WINDOWS 8 as of yet. Desktops will die! :mrgreen:

+ 10000 shubh.s

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Win 2000=Flop
Win xp=Hit
Win Vista=Flop
Win 7(Improved with bugs and problems of vista)=Super hit
Win 8 = :D Flop again?And the biggest risk by micro ?

Top Bottom