How many started downloading Windows 8 CP?

Did you started downloading Windows 8?

• Total voters

reniarahim1

Youngling
Microsoft unveils Windows 8 for public test

Seattle: Microsoft Corp unveiled the first widely available test version of Windows 8 on Wednesday, giving the public the first chance to try out the slick, new-look operating system it hopes will restore the company’s fading tech supremacy.

Windows 8, as the first Microsoft operating system compatible with low-power microprocessors designed by ARM Holdings Plc, will run on tablets as well as desktops and laptops.

Source & Details

thatsashok

peace panda
Re: Microsoft unveils Windows 8 for public test

i tried the earlier beta release and it was quite good for a beta

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

ISO Download page, Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO formats , Product key is also included in that page.

monkey

Padawan

Any idea if this beta can dual boot as I already have Win 7 installed..

Tech&ME

Banned

Hmmmm... nice,

you will still need good hardware and touch enabled Screen to test the full potential.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent

[YOUTUBE]hjGbaAQyz8Q0[/YOUTUBE]

Say what you want, but I am very excited about windows 8. My amateurish prediction is that it will (to some degree) shift the focus back from the browser to the OS :)

sygeek

Technomancer

I personally didn't like the beta. Let's just see what the consumer preview actually unveils.

OP
reniarahim1

reniarahim1

Youngling

downloaded.....will be installing once back from office tonite :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

atlast public release..

ISO Download page, Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO formats , Product key is also included in that page.

Is it a 60day trial version likewise window 7 ?

sygeek

Technomancer

read my post above...
oops, my bad.

Engadget said:
"We really liked Windows 7 when it launched. It felt like a big step forward in the short time that had passed since Vista. Now, as we creep closer to a likely release near the end of this year, we can't shake a sense of doubt. Windows 8 still feels like two very different operating systems trying to be one. The potential is hugely alluring -- a single OS to rule both the tablet and the desktop -- and with each subsequent version we keep hoping this will be the one that ties it all together. Sadly, as of the Consumer Preview, we're still seeing a lot of loose threads.

As it stands, Windows 8 is a considerably better tablet operating system than any previous version has managed to be. However, it's still a clumsier desktop OS than Windows 7. That's a problem Microsoft must fix before release."
Engadget gets it right.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

How different is this to what they released earlier, for Win 8.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

This makes a pretty interesting read:-

Windows 8 won’t kill the desktop, but don’t worry — we’re still screwed | ExtremeTech

The desktop form factor will survive because it supports the needs of power users, hardware and software developers, and the most cost-conscious market segments. As a result, we’ll likely see increasing bifurcation in the market and an increasingly smaller slice of the overall pie. Microsoft will not attempt to “kill the desktop” or the desktop PC, but desktop users will have to accept that we’re bit players in someone else’s universe now — much in the same way that PC gamers now play second fiddle to the sofa-surfing console gamer. We’re big enough to matter, but no longer driving adoption or innovation.

R2K

In the Zone
I'm not in yet.
But it looks like there isn't much difference between W7 and W8 other than the fact that W8 is made to be more friendly with tablet PCs.

Top Bottom