How many started downloading Windows 8 CP?

Did you started downloading Windows 8?

• Total voters

clmlbx

Technomancer
I hope they have made some good changes for Desktop or else am never gonna shift to win 8

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Will read some more reviews and then decide to whether install or not. Because I love my desktop and you know, windows 8 is trying to be friendly to the tablets.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Most of them like me will try this on Virtual machine, So no problem with your Primary OS

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Not interested, there is nothing revolutionary happening. There are few improvements but those don't make me want to install a preview. I had downloaded the dev preview, removed it in one day.
Don't give a damn about tablet friendly stuff and app store in Windows, I hate it. It will eventually come down to what Apple's new OS is doing, if your app is not on our app store its harmful for your mac.

Tech&ME

Banned
Not interested, there is nothing revolutionary happening. There are few improvements but those don't make me want to install a preview. I had downloaded the dev preview, removed it in one day.
Don't give a damn about tablet friendly stuff and app store in Windows, I hate it. It will eventually come down to what Apple's new OS is doing, if your app is not on our app store its harmful for your mac.

Ya certainly, me also not interested in this preview build for the fact that this OS W8 is just a port of W7 optimised for tablets with that home screen.

# 1 : Home Screen is toooo colourful. If only some non solid colours could have been used.....

#2 : Sidebar or whatever they named it,, has black backgroud... opps... my eyes....... my eyes..........

pinku1993

Lagger ~ ..
Developer Preview was good.. have started download.. @10 kb/s with regular connection hiccups (You know BSNL WLL :p ).. Any guesses how much time will it take.. :D

Any torrents available for this... If yes .. please post over here..

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Downloaded and installed last night asap it was up. You can get iso from tomshardware download sub-site. Using it on my download pc, lappy actually(lenovo 3000y500) and its working fine. Waiting for kaspersky to release some beta software for windows 8.
Personally - Not a fan of tab interface on the desktop, i think i will stick with win7 for now and for long, if this metro ui interface remains and its no way near to chalange iOS or even android experience(on tab).

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
I hav installed it with Dual booting with Win 7 more than 4 days ago….
really tablet interface is different, but a change is cool..
Some points I would like to share which i felt ..
1. This release will run till Jan 15, 2013. (means we hav almost 10 months to try)
2. The starting dual boot screen is GUI based now, no more keyboard required…
3. The Win 8 has major cloud based working, like we can sync it with hotmail accounts and skydrive.
4. Finally, there is a pause button between copy/paste tasks, with graphical speed graph!
5. The task manager is more detailed and accurate.
6. Startup and shutdown timings are very short ( that may be I haven't installed any softwares yet… but still if we compare with Win 7 it is less)
7. The applications are now available in the App store, the apple feature added.
8. I felt Internet explorer is amazingly fast.
9. The Internet explorer on Start page, gives a full screen surfing experience as it is made for tablet. ( use right click to switch between tabs!! )
10. Songs on media player on also having new tablet based full screen interface!

That's all on my first lookup I noticed… the internal features will be explored soon…….

Top Bottom