How many software u ACTUALLY INSTALL and USE from DIGIT CDs???

How many softwares do u ACTUALLY INSTALL from Digit CDs/DVDs

• 0-5

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • 5-10

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 10-15

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 15-20

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Kenshin said:
never buy the magazine so zero.....i only buy when a gud distro is available...hehe :D
Switch to PC World. They regularly give you the latest and greatest Linux distros and the magazine is lighter on your pocket. :)

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
QwertyManiac said:
There's difference in reviewing and testing a software .. Digit has testers? :confused:

Yes I know that there is a BIG difference in Software Tester and Software reviewer, but I think a Software Tester can more efficiently write reviews as he can be completely familiar with in's and out's of software, but a reviewer only knows about out's of software. (By out's I mean : Look of softwares, usability etc. etc :D) Won't this will give me an advantage as I am a programmer too.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Hehe, never bothered to install any software from the DVD. Whatever software I need, I download.

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
Well...softwares? Usually 0 ^^;; Cos...I usually download whatever I need online, although the software provided on digit DOES come in useful pretty often.

As for the games? :p I'm a jobless demo obsessee (atm -.-), I install all of the games o_o

amitava82

MMO Addict
Question should be "Do you buy Digit?" then this one coz many ppl here (including me) don't even bother to buy it. I'd rather prefer to buy a Freeadds.. :grin:

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
none actually!
actually i would be happy if digit provides no-cd versions of mag for some user group...
but the cd or dvds generally are good at content specially for people who dont have broadband.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
None, used to buy it for game demos but not even that now.

Actully I don't even buy digit now. Even for the magzine, can't spend Rs 125 every month on it, when i can spend it on equally better things.:D

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
Eh, 0-5 includes none, I suppose. It seems that everyone is treating the digit software as useless. Its not, really...go through it, install whatever sounds interesting and give it a go every once in a while. You never know what you'll find.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
~Lil JinX~ said:
Eh, 0-5 includes none, I suppose. It seems that everyone is treating the digit software as useless. Its not, really...go through it, install whatever sounds interesting and give it a go every once in a while. You never know what you'll find.

That doesn't mean that the stuff provided by digit is useless for me. I hate too many freewares in my system. Instead I prefer only some much needed ones. Too many small freewares means too many programs>>>which will slow down the system considerably.

S

Shalu_Sharma

^^ But don't underestimate the power of freewares. Some freewares are better choice then paid ones.

I install all the game demos to see that the game will run on my PC or not and all multimedia related softwares.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Some freewares are really nice. Quite a few i have noticed for the first time. Used to do like 6-10, but now it is down to 2 or 3 softwares an issue.

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
Kiran_tech_mania said:
That doesn't mean that the stuff provided by digit is useless for me. I hate too many freewares in my system. Instead I prefer only some much needed ones. Too many small freewares means too many programs>>>which will slow down the system considerably.

I never said that the freeware is useless o_O Quite the contrary, actually. I agree with the "sifting" of the lot and keeping only the needed ones too. Keeping all those programs WILL definitely lead to ultimate doom of your comp, one day or the other (yes, I like to exagerate -.-). No, what I meant was, install the ones that seem interesting, go through them...and if you don't find it worth the space, junk it! Easy as pie. You know you aren't missing out on anything this way. And hey...the guys at digit go through all that trouble to make them DVDs for us. Might as well give it a shot, na?

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
well, i used to install nearly all the softwares on the media given. remember the time when i actually stupidly installed 3 antiviruses they had given together and had to boot in safe mode to remove them. However ever since the time i moved to linux, I haven't installed even one. I just check out the latest trailers, the wallpapers and get the archives. (not that i ever read them. ) Still when I had a crappy internet connection, Digit was a god send.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom