How Many of you installed Linux?

Did you Install Linux from the Digit DVD of Aug/Sept.

• I will When I will get time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
Hello friends,

Well to begin i must say i dont like Linux! I mean what is wrong with Windows....The only reason Linux is safer is because no one has made viruses for Linux and also hardly anyone makes new softwares or games for Linux and even if someone makes it, it is hard to find.

The August issue gave the pros and cons of all the available Linux's and in that i saw that for some reason some linux is good but for some other reason some other linux is good i mean there is no Standard base of Linux Like windows 98.

As you all know Digit DVD of August had Linux Suse 9.1 and the September Issue has Knoppix.

So guys if u have installed Linux from the DVD then pls tell ur experience or even other linux users can tell about their own Experiences

busyanuj

In the zone
Reply: How Many of you installed Linux?

moshel said:
Hello friends,

Well to begin i must say i dont like Linux!

well, if you're happy with Windows, what else is required !

as for Linux, the installation is quite simple nowadays.

busyanuj

In the zone
for linux related information you can read:
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6257
and this:
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6684
and this:
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6322

you can search for more Linux related threads.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
It's usability and stabililty thing when u talk windows and linux... and my experience with linux is cool... i run RHEL Pro WS and WIN XP Media Center 2004 on my desktop.
I installed SuSe by DIGIT in a Virtual PC using Microsoft Virtual PC 2004... well SuSE is a good distro... i liked it.

U were talking about STANDARDS like WINDOWS VERSIONS in LINUX... well man ever heard of OpenSource????????? (just GOOGLE it for more info)

WINDOWS is also not STANDARD... ask peoples who use WINDOWS (me too) and apply patch every week... lol

sure, LINUX is cool when it comes to security stuff

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Redhat n PCQlinux
Mandrake
Corel etc.
N had a great time tooo..
No SUSE yet but hav future plans..
N sez who
no one writes virus for linux,no software for linux..
C MOoon

din

Tribal Boy
moshel said:
Hello friends,
Well to begin i must say i dont like Linux!
Good comment ! Afterall no one force u to use Linux ;)
moshel said:
I mean what is wrong with Windows....The only reason Linux is safer is because no one has made viruses for Linux and also hardly anyone makes new softwares or games for Linux and even if someone makes it, it is hard to find.
LOL , LOL , ROTFL :D
Dude , sorry to say this , but I think u should read some books , visit some sites ( google may help ) before postin like this
moshel said:
The August issue gave the pros and cons of all the available Linux's and in that i saw that for some reason some linux is good but for some other reason some other linux is good i mean there is no Standard base of Linux Like windows 98.
Thats the fredom . If u need server , go for Debian / RH etc etc , if u need desktop , multimedia then go for mandrake , suse . There r lot linux flavors that best suited for ur specific needs
moshel said:
As you all know Digit DVD of August had Linux Suse 9.1 and the September Issue has Knoppix.

So guys if u have installed Linux from the DVD then pls tell ur experience or even other linux users can tell about their own Experiences
Thats a good idea , I agree . those can sure comment on their installations , the problems they faced , how it works for em etc etc

aadipa

Padawan
i last used linux 2 years ago it was PCQ based on RedHat 7.3

will burn a live cd once i get my DVD drive

suhas_sm

Journeyman
i havent installed in yet but using knoppix(live) for a almost say last 8-9 months ... i.e, when i get bugged up with windows ;) it is sometimes too boring so for a change linux...........yeah i am looking forward to install one this time around when i get my hdd fixed (still without hard disk :( thanx to noppix i am online :) )

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
This time they hae given knoppix it rocks!!!!! i have tried one given by LFY i gotta burn it soon and tata bye bye suse knoppix is here ;)
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well there is already lots of discussion about usuability of Linux,

Already lots of LINUX vs WINDOWS ..

If still people ask that Why LINUX ? then either they don't like to read earlier posts or they really don't have patience to learn something and which is better !

cnukutti

Broken In
I have installed many distros like mandrake 8.1, suse 6.3, red hat 9, pcq 2004, mandrakw 9.1, suse 9

I find having linux in my computer a sign to show-off at college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom