How many of you are planning to start your career with Infosys?

@xtremevicky709: Again, I did not talk about what I didn't know but as "pwn" thing you have used so let me tell you that not so long ago Accenture used to conduct GreenField training which used to be regressive in its own way and there was a demand for those freshers who have gone through that training (now they have started sending their representatives to colleges directly for cost cutting I guess).

About TCS training, many of my friends have taken it and none of them gave any kind of negative feedback so I wonder why it would be any inferior to training provided in Infosys.

Infi training is the best in India . Which IT company do you work in ?

what i will suggest all for try to get in to some product based companies rather than the service companies like wipro,infi,ctc,tcs,accenture..etc....

the technical exposure that u will get from product based companies cant be compared with service companies....

That is not technical exposure . That is Functional exposure . I can write an essay on it and both are equally important once you cross 4 years .

I can give feedback and ground reality on all training's . Just answer my question !

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I work in a Product Based company(SAP). And I gotta say, work is funnnnnnnnn....and super challenging.

The procedure in our company and Infy (from what I have heard) is totally opposite.
We had 1-month training for basic of ABAP (the platform SAP mainly uses ) in the beginning and after that I(and few other freshers) were directly been put to the main product development.

The product was developed on an entirely different platform and there was no formal training given for it except for few hours of video sessions.
And the product was a critical and huge financial deal. Company had put lot of money on it and the success of product was very very critical to us. On top of that, we had to develop (and still have to :p ) quite complex requirement with not much guidance available ( because it's a closed platform ) except the one we get from our fellow co-workers.

Point being, the amount of trust a company like mine put on their employee makes us feel special, like we are a integral part of the company. With that kind of trust and amazing work environment they provide ,love and loyalty towards the company automatically grows .With that performance of an employee is bound to be good.

P.S. I can go to office at 12 and return at 5 in casuals and slippers and no one will bother :p. That alone makes me happy that I'm not in infy (or any other service based company , except perhaps Deloitte ) .

SAP are a exception .

SAP , Google , Intel , Google are just exceptions . We are talking about IT companies . If you manage to get into a Product Based Company then dont think twice !

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I work in a Product Based company(SAP). And I gotta say, work is funnnnnnnnn....and super challenging.

The procedure in our company and Infy (from what I have heard) is totally opposite.
We had 1-month training for basic of ABAP (the platform SAP mainly uses ) in the beginning and after that I(and few other freshers) were directly been put to the main product development.

The product was developed on an entirely different platform and there was no formal training given for it except for few hours of video sessions.
And the product was a critical and huge financial deal. Company had put lot of money on it and the success of product was very very critical to us. On top of that, we had to develop (and still have to :p ) quite complex requirement with not much guidance available ( because it's a closed platform ) except the one we get from our fellow co-workers.

Point being, the amount of trust a company like mine put on their employee makes us feel special, like we are a integral part of the company. With that kind of trust and amazing work environment they provide ,love and loyalty towards the company automatically grows .With that performance of an employee is bound to be good.

P.S. I can go to office at 12 and return at 5 in casuals and slippers and no one will bother :p. That alone makes me happy that I'm not in infy (or any other service based company , except perhaps Deloitte ) .

Really nice experience. Thanks for sharing. And a salute to your company.
:)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

One of the things i like about my company. Oh, man, no need to go in freaking formals everyday and i love SLIPPERS and CASUAL shoes... :D. Only time we've been in formals is, if there is any product demo/client interaction, which is not quite very frequent....

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am going little offtopic, but ever wondered why is the need for all professionals to follow respective dress codes? Like lawyers wearing the black, policemen wearing khaki, doctors in white.

Yes, we have a strict dress code in my organization and maybe that's why I am saying this. But then again, I have seen people abusing the leniency on Fridays. Girls wearing skirts, boys in torn jeans looks more like a party than workplace! You let people follow their own mind and they will make you go nuts.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am going little offtopic, but ever wondered why is the need for all professionals to follow respective dress codes? Like lawyers wearing the black, policemen wearing khaki, doctors in white.

Yes, we have a strict dress code in my organization and maybe that's why I am saying this. But then again, I have seen people abusing the leniency on Fridays. Girls wearing skirts, boys in torn jeans looks more like a party than workplace! You let people follow their own mind and they will make you go nuts.

Nope. It's because they were allowed to wear casuals only one day and that'll make them go nuts. Otherwise in my office i wear jeans/T's/casual shirts everyday and others also but still we work at our comfort. No way it'll look like a party place.

Simple thing is, let the employee feel like home and make him comfort and he'll work for sure.

Baker

Albicelestes
One of the things i like about my company. Oh, man, no need to go in freaking formals everyday and i love SLIPPERS and CASUAL shoes... :D. Only time we've been in formals is, if there is any product demo/client interaction, which is not quite very frequent....

exactly mostly i will come with my slippers to office... and no one cares abt that also.....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Well Product Based Company gives a deep hike as compared to Service based company....

also in Service Based Company there is time constraint in projects which is not so in Product based :p

I hope u dont go in boxers :rofl:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I have worked in 2 BIG IT companies. TCS and Accenture.

I joined TCS as fresher. And we had almost 5 months training in Chennai.

In my personal opinion, it was AWESOME. We got to learn many new things, which not even universities teach. You won't believe but we got training in Haskell along with Java and .Net. I don't think any IT company would train the candidates in functional programming languages even if they don't have projects in that. Our trainer made it very clear that this is just to make your (programming) thinking more clearer. We may or may not get chance to work on Haskell. They taught us "real world" applications of the algorithms which we learn in college. Some of us get trained on Ruby on Rails as well. Oh god, those were the days of learning. :)

Recently I joined Accenture. And I like Accenture as well.

Both these companies don't have FIXED working hours. Fixed as in, they don't literally count and penalize your working hours.

Disclaimer: These views are my personal. My employers have nothing to do with my post.

Baker

Albicelestes
^^ good to hear that you enjoying ur job..... at the end of the day that matters a lot

abhidev

Human Spambot

same here buddy.......i too enjoy working in my company...and the advantage being its a startup.........:p

OP
M

manan

I logged into this forum after a week and see a huge trail of discussion on my simple question - whether you would like to join Infosys as your first. It's really great to read all of yours opinion and experience. Of what you like about infy and what you don't. Career wise you may have different differences in views about Infosys, but i hope all of us will agree to the point that companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro etc. have given a reputation to India of being a tech wizard.

You may also like to read this article that I found on a Facebook page about Infosys:
How Infosys is contributing to the India's growth story? | Facebook

Here are some data from this article that you will love:

Infoscions contribute about 8.36% to the GDP of India
Infoscions contribute 8.89% to the total tax kitty
Infoscions have a 0.55% share in the total voter count of India

This is not just about Infosys. It can also be about the other IT giants as well.

OP
M

manan

I certainly agree with you about the training thing. and as our parents would have told - if some hard work can pave a way for your future, you shouldn't back from it.

That Probation period of Infosys pwns every companies training left right and centre.

Infi training = Accenture + Wipro + TCS + ( N Companies ) you can think of. Start with infi is one of the best thing that can happen to you. Just 5 months of work and you can enjoy a lot .

Top Bottom