How Lan two PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ive two PC one on groung floor nd second in 1st floor. Ive an broadband connection too in one of the PC which connects to PC using RJ45 pin.
I want a LAN such that net should be available in both the PC nd simultaneous ly I should work in LAN. I would connect only 2 PC. SO what components/cables do it require..pls xplain in detail.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
u need 2 NIC card (lan card) and cross crimped cable accordingly, just install the hardware and plug the cable @ both the NIC card. if u have more than 2 pcs u need a hub/switch. njoy.

nil_3

In the zone
aravind_n20 said:
Do I have to do some settings in windows?

Definitely. In the first PC go to Network Settings, right click on the new Local Area Network Connection, click Properties, now highlight the option Internet Protocol TCP/IP, now click Properties. Here you configure your IP and other details, for the first system which has the broadband connection, (hope you have BSNL DataOne): IP 192.168.1.xx (it can be any thing between 2 to 255 but not same as system 2), Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0, Default Getway 192.168.1.1, Preferred DNS 61.0.0.5 (or your ISP DNS), Alternet DNS 61.1.96.71 (or your ISP DNS)

Now for the second system, right click on the new Local Area Network connection, Click Properties, now highlight the option Internet Protocol TCP/IP now click Properties, here you configure your IP and other details, as follows: IP 192.168.1.yy (it can be any thing between 2 to 255 but not same as system 1), Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0, Default Getway 192.168.1.1, Preferred DNS 61.0.0.5 (or your ISP DNS), Alternet DNS 61.1.96.71 (or your ISP DNS). Be sure both the PCs should be under same workgroup.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
well then switch cost more than hub :) always beter if u have a switch but for home purpose IMO hub is ok. ;-)

well, to connect both the sytems which are able to connect to internet.. you just need to install two nic's in the desired one.. then.. connect the other one..
with the first... n create a lan conncetion.. you will need two things..

1. two LAN cards (120 bucks cheapest..)
2. crossover cable...

the other option is.. you can use a switch.. but it will not be cost effective.. the cheapest.. 8 port switch is available in the market.. for the ultimation of 2000 rs... LOL..

so go for the first one.... n enjoy do reply me if it works..

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
hey guys, i have a related query...

my PC and my friend's PC next door both have ethernet cards...
can we connect our PCs with a data cable having ethernet card Pins and play Multiplayer games???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom