How is the Logitech Z-5500 thx certified home theater ???

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
hi , i want the best 5.1 for my pc ,, rite nw m using Artis -s800 since 9 years n still gud . but i want best bass n crystal clear sound , n while searching I found Logitech Z-5500 is good. so anyone heard these speakers ?? n wt will be the cost of these nwdays ??

mohityadavx

Youngling
Hi!

They are costing around Rs14000 here in haryana. Can't say about the local differences. Try Yamaha or Onkyo before buying.:p

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
The Logitech - Z5500 is an awesome product, it's one of the best Speaker systems that Logitech has ever produced.
It has great features including a display with a Control Panel.
It's also THX Certified.
Below is it's link on Logitech's Website-
Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System

There it's price is stated as Rs.22,995 but I think you might get it for a bit less..

Cheers,
sid_gamer

Last edited:
OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
yeh , i've read articles about these speakers , n they all say its awesome.. i just want to make sure before buying from those who have heard / own these speaker system.. & think its kind of old speakers , so should i buy these for 14000rs ?or there are any other options ? i mean these speakers are worth 14000 rs ??

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
They are absolutely worth 14k. they have been awarded best performer in almost all speaker tests in digit. Great 5.1 sets and can challenge highend 5.1's from klipsh that cost a lot more.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
hi , i want the best 5.1 for my pc ,, rite nw m using Artis -s800 since 9 years n still gud . but i want best bass n crystal clear sound , n while searching I found Logitech Z-5500 is good. so anyone heard these speakers ?? n wt will be the cost of these nwdays ??
Hi! Bought mine Z-5500 last year. Since, then they've been rocking my world. I bought the system for 16K from the biggest distributor in Delhi/NCR, Digitus Electronics at Nehru Palace, Delhi.
Here are the system highlights:
1. Humongous 10" front firing Sub woofer with 5 aluminum phase plug driver satellites packing 500W RMS power rating.
2. A neat sound control pod with multiple sound source inputs : Co-ax, Optical & Stereo.
3. Satellites with wall mounting base.
4. THX certified sound system with 2 yrs replacement warranty from Logitech.
The woofer size is really astonishing. And yep, the size do justice with the Bass it reproduces. The satellites are capable of outputting crystal highs.
Nothing is perfect when it comes to hardware. And Z-5500 shares its part well here too! Satellite's mid-range output is poor due to the lack of mid-range drivers. The center speaker's wattage is more than the rest of satellites; but the small plug driver and lack of mid range driver doesn't do justice with the sound output. The sound seems to be screeched through them.
And last and the most significant drawback of the system... the Bass overwhelms everything. I mean everything. Not to mention that your neighbors will start complaining soon and start giving you weird looks! :p hehe..
See, you've to tune this system appropriately to get the most out of it. It took me a whole month to tune mine for gaming, music & movies. Placing the speakers accordingly will play a significant role in creating an excellent sound stage. And trust me it was totally worth the shot.
I find no better alternative to mine at same price range. Probably the best PC sound system to enjoy movies and games.
Z5500 isn't meant for music listening though no one said anything about Heart Pounding Rock!! :D
Go for it buddy. Good Luck. :)

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
yeh , nw m ready to buy z5500 , just i m tight on money rite nw , but i'll buy asap , can't wait though !!
but I listen music a lot , all types n u're sayin it's nt meant for music listening ?

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
yeh , nw m ready to buy z5500 , just i m tight on money rite nw , but i'll buy asap , can't wait though !!
but I listen music a lot , all types n u're sayin it's nt meant for music listening ?
Well, none of the 6 channel sound systems are actually meant for music listening. They're excellent choice for Gamers and Movie viewers.
If your only purpose is to listen music,then it'd be better to go with 2.1 speakers.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. Z-5500 is still rocking and still is a great set. Go for it.

what's your soundcard btw. if you are using onboard then you better get a PCI-E soundcard that does passthrough to the speakers.

d3p

PowerHouse
I own a Z2300 & if i can afford, then my next buy will be a Z5500, coz these sets are extremers for the gamers & a must too.

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
i read arkhangyls post , but didnt get y he said so bad about z-5500..
well m using onboard chipset - realtech 7.2 + 2 ,, i knw for best quality we need external sound card ,, but i can't afford card rite nw , , so fr nw ill think bout only z5500..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i read arkhangyls post , but didnt get y he said so bad about z-5500..
well m using onboard chipset - realtech 7.2 + 2 ,, i knw for best quality we need external sound card ,, but i can't afford card rite nw , , so fr nw ill think bout only z5500..

if your soundcard can passthrough the audio signal to Z-5500's amplifier without any modification, you will get much better audio quality.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Agreed..
@op
But whatever anyone says, the Z5500 was and still is a milestone in the name of Speaker Systems...I'm waiting myself to get a hand on these as soon as i can....

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
Finally , bought z-5500 today for 16,300 rs !! its amazing ,,, i tried to connect 3 pins green,black n pink to my onboard panel , but there was no sound ,, so i put black pin in stereo green port n its working nw n shows 6 channel audio ,, bt y black pin is not working in black port ??my onboard sound is 7.1 hd n dolby supported ??

Last edited:

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
^^many congrats on your purchase! :)
For 6 channel direct connectivity, connect Center/LFE, Front & Rear in 5.1(6 channel mode). Select your speaker setup as 5.1 in your soundcard's software utility. Test individual speakers after each re-try. This is just a setting mismatching. If possible, post few screenshots.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Finally , bought z-5500 today for 16,300 rs !! its amazing ,,, i tried to connect 3 pins green,black n pink to my onboard panel , but there was no sound ,, so i put black pin in stereo green port n its working nw n shows 6 channel audio ,, bt y black pin is not working in black port ??my onboard sound is 7.1 hd n dolby supported ??

for God's sake, get a dedicated soundcard alright? or use the onboard to passthrough audio. using onboard for Z-5500 is 'eternal sin'.

OP
nvrmndryo

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
hi , there is problem with my speaker , ,,, wen i turn volume to max n listen music or anything after 2 minutes rubber burning smell comes from sub-woofer or center speaker m nt sure ,,,, so any idea i mean do i have to get my speakers replaced ??

Top Bottom