How is HTC still surviving?? Who is buying their products?? Illuminati??

nighthawkx

Broken In
You forgot to study the one important thing.

Its called 'Bling'

Couldn't have said any better.

HTC does have the fancy branding . Combine that with a good design you get a hot selling phone-regardless of specs or performance.

I have this friend from college who is planning to buy an 816 because it's good looking. And because it's an HTC

amjath

Human Spambot
Did you guys read the digit's best OS review. Htc's skinned android took better score than stock android. BTW technically htc's sense version of android end up in second place. I saw my colleagues HTC one e8, even though it is plastic the device build quality is excellent

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HTC like Apple don't actually care about low/low mid range segment as they know already that they couldn't compete in the market with Samsung and more importantly these low end mobiles don't provide much return anyway

because they don't care yet keep launching cheap mobiles with crappy spec and old version of sense results in this kind of "HTC bashing" thread. so far Desire 820 price looks spot on but go down into the 10-20k range and HTC falls face first with poor h/w, ancient version of android, no update and bad build quality. most people who buy their (budget) phones for the bling factor as tkin said but most budget buyers are unique in the sense that they first buy the product then do research if the item is good.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Didn't read whole of this thread, but HTC makes some good phones. Their low end phones might not be their best, but at-least the high end phones are a "Class Apart".
Few months ago, I was dying to get HTC One, but it was a close competition between Nexus 5. I settled with Moto X only because in the rapidly changing world of technolgy (plus my economic status) warranted me not to spend too much on the phone, but a large deciding factor was the features which Moto X offered in just 16.2 K price (after offers).

So, if it hadn't been Moto X or N5 I think I would have got HTC One hands down.

Oh and btw, I also used HTC Mozart, a WP 7 which came out years ago. I got it second hand. Sold to my friend third hand. And it still works rock solid. Wrote a big review about it which must be lying somewhere on this same forum.

"HTC makes bad phones" is just a gross over generalization.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
In my experience I have seen the bulk of "rich" people prefer the candy bar Nokia phones
Yet all my colleagues prefer to use those old Nokia phones!
The people who are actually worked their arse off and made themselves rich will rarely use, say something like an iPoop.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
SO HTC is surviving just because of one phone?
And ignoring the design, do you think HTC One M8 is better than its immediate rivals?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
One M8 is a good phone. The only thing bad about it is the camera, and not only mega pixel, the camera lens scratching issue shows QC on hTC's part isn't on par with Samsung.
Then they realized the mistake they did with it and released the Eye M8. All mouths should be shut now. Can't say about the quality of the 13 mp snapper on the Eye though, no proper review is there yet.
Then they have their E8, a phone for people on budget, overall a decent phone.

I don't look at anything less flagship, so can't say about other mid rangers, there might be good phones out there outside their flagship lineup after all, not sure though.

IMHO, hTC should come/rank second after Samsung in marketing area of Android. They don't release plethora of phones like Samsung, it's a good thing! How could it be a bad thing is beyond me! In whatever case, comparing hTC with (rApple is beyond diabolical.

amjath

Human Spambot
I personally like HTC but it's the cost which stops me. HTC marketing is still poor IMO, people know about HTC phones but they don't want to bring htc into discission discussion.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
HTC makes better phones than samsung.Their UI and SONY UI is the best UI. Stock Android does get boring soon :/ (Moto G2 Stock UI is very boring, but smooth.CM 11 based android is a bit better than stock UI because of the features)

HTC needs to focus only on 2-3 phones a year, reduce margins and costs.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
increase margins and reduce costs.

Why increase margins?That will end up increasing the price of the phone. Samsung's distributors have a quite a huge margin on their phones thats why we see crap phones that should be priced at 10k for 14-16k

- - - Updated - - -

What you think about new htc desire 820...?

"Okay" will be priced at 25k mostly

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Its worth buy??

I would say No.

5.5" 1280 x 720p, the display is crap.At 25k, you are better of with a nexus 5 or a LG G2, and if you are willing to risk it, One Plus One is a steal at 25k.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if HTC kept the screen at 4.7" to 5", reduced the plastic usage and priced it at 18-20k it would be a good choice

R2K

In the Zone
I'm more concerned about SONY. They are done with manufacturing laptops and now they don't even care much about releasing smartphones. They are a genius when it comes to technology and quality but poor planning and marketing is screwing them big time.

.jRay.

Youngling
I'm more concerned about SONY. They are done with manufacturing laptops and now they don't even care much about releasing smartphones. They are a genius when it comes to technology and quality but poor planning and marketing is screwing them big time.

I think a lot of people buy sony tv and audio systems.

Top Bottom