How do you password protect your usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth

Broken In
Hello everyone,

I am starting a new discussion on this board about how do people password protect their usb data on usb drive.

As far as I am concerned,I use a software that can easily password protect my folders on my machine as well as on my usb,the name of this software is Folder Lock,its an encryption software that can password protect my cds dvds and usb also.I found this software on the foloowing link,

*www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock

I would like you people to share your thoughts with me or your personal experiences of using any security software.Your contribution would be highly appreciable.

Regards,

Kenneth.

Last edited:

Infernal12

Sony Ericsson Lover
Folder Lock is not a very good way ( I found a bug on the very first day of using it)
I mostly dont need to password protect my files :D

OP
K

Kenneth

Broken In
yea you r right my friend.I've also faced some bugs but they were the older versions,now I am using its new version and till now haven't faced and bug,and I am not talking about an individual,my topic is for every one.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
i use mformat tool for my transcend pendrive.
its superd. but works only with transcend tools like pendrives or mp3 players etc.

-SUDE

OP
K

Kenneth

Broken In
Yes you are right,Ive also faced this kind of problems but it was the older version that caused me some trouble,but now the new version is good,many of my friends are also using this program and they say that its good.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
My pendrive has a finger-print protection and in-built password protection as well.

OP
K

Kenneth

Broken In
your pen drive may protect your data but Folder Lock can protect data on usb, cd/dvd,pendrives and can also hide the data so that no one can sneak into your data.

OP
K

Kenneth

Broken In
Folder Lock is a good security software,Follow the link if you want more info that how can you password protect your usb,

*www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/howto/password-protect-USB-flash-drive.html

OP
K

Kenneth

Broken In
whats makes U think that I am advertising any thing,If I would find any thing that is good for every one and is advantageous for everyone than why shouldn't I share it with everyone.

I don't know what makes people think like that..pretty much discouraging:-(

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^But you know it is not a freeware, and not many are working Tom, Dick and Harry here. Lots of guys here are students. So a freeware alternative is always better for them.

Truecrypt is one such thing I like as an altenative.
*www.truecrypt.org/

ThinkFree

Technomancer
whats makes U think that I am advertising any thing,If I would find any thing that is good for every one and is advantageous for everyone than why shouldn't I share it with everyone.

I don't know what makes people think like that..pretty much discouraging:-(

Post number 9 and 10

OP
K

Kenneth

Broken In
mr thinkfree now what do u like to say about that truecrypt guy,whats he doing here,i am not compelling anyone to use this software,I like one thing and discussed it,if you are not comfortable with that then I cant do any thing.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I recommend truecrypt as well. Its free, it has plenty more features compared to folder lock, and its not advertised by spambots in forums.

OP
K

Kenneth

Broken In
I have used Truecrypt and it has many bugs thats why its free, and I am not spamming any thing, If I like something then I'll share it with every one,It seems that you are trying to advertise Truecrypt on my thread.....chchchchch

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lol free doesn't mean it has many bugs. You got it all wrong. Read the manual first.

Let the consumer decide which is better, a forum is meant to troubleshoot problems. So I posted an alternative.

OP
K

Kenneth

Broken In
Well I am not forcing any one to use Folder Lock, I am only sharing my experience..It depends upon you to choose what is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom