How do i test PHP files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
I have got many PHP files on my machines. But when I try to open them with FF 2, IE 7 or Opera 9, I am getting a message to save the file. I tried to open it with Dreamweaver, but there I get a message to specify a testing server. Even after specifying one, no results. Can I preview those PHP files on my machine in any way?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Windows By default doesnt come with a Server apllication of php, therefore u need a server application like Apache, and php installed...

Get Easyphp, it will do all those job !! :)

OP
abhi.eternal

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
The dnld size is too much for my dial-up. Is there some lite alternative?

-----

How can I be also a MS MVP?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Maybe then you can install IIS server from windows CD and then download and install PHP.
It's about 9MB *in.php.net/downloads.php#v5

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
One more Vote for EasyPHP. For viewing a PHP file on your computer, you need them to parse through PHP and MySQL Server. You also need Apache or someother Web Server.

Simple Way, would be...to just install EasyPHP and then you paste you php files in C:\Program Files\Easy PHP\www.

Then run Easy PHP and point to browser to *127.0.0.1 and you can run your PHP files from there :)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
BTW I recommend Xampp. its much better than EasyPHP. Get it from apachefriends.org But yeah its download size is much larger than EasyPHP.

@tech_your_future
BTW in windows cd where is IIS? I never found it on my windows xp cd?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
@tech_your_future
BTW in windows cd where is IIS? I never found it on my windows xp cd?
Go to CONTROL PANEL-->Add/Remove Programs-->Click Add/remove windows components where u will find IIS.Check the selection and insert the windows cd to install from it :)

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Even I didn't know until I was told about this at Aptech. I didn't know of apache then, otherwise would never have installed IIS. I use apache on my home PC, and find it really nice.

mediator

Technomancer
BTW I recommend Xampp. its much better than EasyPHP. Get it from apachefriends.org But yeah its download size is much larger than EasyPHP.
I recommend L.A.M.P. On many distros u have it enabled by default!

About IIS, AFAIR its provided only with XP PRO and the version is 5.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom