How do I configure Sound:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirthasanyal

Right off the assembly line
:? Dear friends I have AMD64 2800+cpu on MSI K8MM-V mother board with 512 MB Ram and 80 GB HDD. Now my problem is that the MB Manual says it has 6 channel audio with VIA VT1617A codec, now that means(?) i am unable to use line in/ mic in ports for recording. Is that true? if yes plz let me know how I can configure to record via line in and mic in jacks. till now i am unable to record anything. although wuth the PCI soundcard from Creative i can do all. plz help.

legolas

Padawan
incase u hav a 5.1 surround speakers u can set them as such, but when u need to use a microphone jus set it in the right jack and reconfigure or redetect your spoeaker configuration and it wud be detected as "quadrahponic speakers".. with 4 under use and the other plug wud be for microphone. if u hav to record something using ur microphone, then i doubt a 5.1 channel recording ?? :-o or u cud use another comp or source for mike?

/legolas

OP
T

tirthasanyal

Right off the assembly line
nope dear the jacks of the onboard sound says line out, line in and mic in but the in jacks does not take any signal in. i have only 2.1 speaker system so using 5.1 chanel is out of the question. now what? or else my onboard sound is defective? shall i visit the vendor?
legolas said:
incase u hav a 5.1 surround speakers u can set them as such, but when u need to use a microphone jus set it in the right jack and reconfigure or redetect your spoeaker configuration and it wud be detected as "quadrahponic speakers".. with 4 under use and the other plug wud be for microphone. if u hav to record something using ur microphone, then i doubt a 5.1 channel recording ?? :-o or u cud use another comp or source for mike?

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom