how 2 convert a file 2 executable format???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkd903

Broken In
I recently downloaded free version of Lemonade Tycoon 2 from www.games2download.com, with the help of DAP 5.3. After completion of download when i opened the file, i saw that it was not an executable file, nd had no format. the size of the file matches wid dat said in da website. can ne body tell me how 2 run da setup???

cheetah

In the zone
First open a folder.....goto Tools>>Folder Options

Click on the View tab....

Uncheck the Hide File Extensions for Known File Types option....

Now goto the folder where u saved that file and check if it has some extension like.......zip, .exe , .msi , etc....

If it doesnt have any extension then try adding some extension and try to run the file....

Just add a Dot followed by extension like .exe or .msi

Try these extensions...

EXE
MSI
ZIP
RAR

or goto the webpage where u downloaded that file and see the extension there....

saROMan

QA Juggler
dude u rem what file u d/led ?? i mean was it a exe,zip,rar etc>? ..its possible that while renaming or any other reason dap ddnt added the extension to the file..plz chk the file name..and add the appropriate extension to the file ..or universal solution..add .rar to file and extract the contents and run the setup..

expertno.1

Technomancer
man this happens when dap is not ur default DM and u have justed posted the link

i think u have probably posted the link from download.com

very simple

just rename it like "a.exe" or "a.rar" "a.zip"

Charley

Just Do It
expertno.1 said:
man this happens when dap is not ur default DM and u have justed posted the link

very simple

Doesnt work by just renaming.

expertno.1

Technomancer
achacko@dataone.in said:
expertno.1 said:

very simple

Doesnt work by just renaming.

how can u tell ?
u have downloaded his file using dap ? :lol:

btw it works for me always

OP
D

dkd903

Broken In
ur suggestions worked

thanx 2 all those who replied 2 my thread. ur suggestion of adding .exe worked. administrator pls lock the thread

q3_abhi

Youngling
Yes, adding .exe can make a difference. Well i had some good software setup, n i wished that my friend shouldnt open it. So what i did was changed the .exe to .jsd n it worked!!!! It can be opened only when it is renamed to .exe. Its a good idea. U may try it!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom