[Complaint] Horrible RMA of Aditya Infotech

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
It all started last Christmas, when I went on a two days vacation and came back to find my PC was not booting up. After troubleshooting I found out my Sapphire R9 290 Tri X OC has died on me and I was left with no choice other than RMA. I shipped my card to Jaipur Branch of Aditya Infotech and on 2nd January 2016 I received the job sheet.

I never expected to get my card back in the promised 14 days, but when almost a month went by, I was worried. I started calling them and half of the time I got a reply that I will get my card in a week. After a week I was informed Aditya Infotech has shutdown the IT division and Supertron will now handle the RMA of Sapphire. And in the transition and handover deal, they were still trying to figure out who will be responsible for my card now. Another week passed by and I got in touch with the manager of Jaipur Branch Mr. Vikas, who promised me he will personally look into the matter. After a week he confirmed my card is being shipped from China and in 15days time I will receive it. I waited and waited, and after 15 days when I called him he said he will look into it and confirm. He never called back, never replied my Whatsapp texts or mail.

Frustrated and angered I called the branch and talked with the guy who received my card. He called his Delhi office who said card will be there in two days. I took the news with a grain of salt. I waited and waited, and finally I took the matter to Sapphire (which I should have done in the first place, idiotic of me) on 21st March. And to my utter surprise Sapphire replied that they have received my card for RMA on 20th March 2016. The Sapphire support gave me the number and email of the manager of Aditya Infotech in Delhi, Mr. Paliwal.

If I had been in Delhi, I would have stormed into their office and would have given them a piece of my mind. I took the more professional way and shot him an email demanding an explanation for this scam, for the wasted time and inconvenience of mine. To which he shamelessly replied and I quote
"we had requested to Sapphire as special case for you as replacement of R9 290 Tri-x OC because Vikas ji have information already from Sapphire side the your original card are CID – Tampered & non repairable and no replacement item declared."

I was furious at this blatant lie, at this attempt to make it my fault, to make it look like they were doing me a favor, that the card was tampered which did not come up till last 3 months. I clearly told him don't bring out issues that had not existed till last 3 months.

Sapphire was supposed to ship my replacement last week, and I am yet to be updated about the current status. I hope my replacement comes this time and comes in working condition.

Sapphire has turned down my request for a new card, and they said they will be replacing my card with refurbished card of same model. At least I deserved a new card and not a refurbished one after going through all this. I paid a premium to get this card, and this is the treatment I received for a premium product. Disappointed and frustrated, but most importantly I am afraid, because if the refurbished one dies on me, well I don't know if I can go through this again.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You're assuming that refurbished will fail.

I had experiences with replacement, repair and refurbished units. In all three cases, the units that came back did not have any issues. There was this one time where a refurbished unit failed on my friend's system which turns out that it was the PSU was damaging the unit. Otherwise there was nothing wrong with it. Same happened with an 990FX Sabertooth and then they replaced a VRM- and it worked just like that.

Its well within company's replacement policy to either replace, repair or provide you a new one. Some repairs are minor. Some repairs are not which is shipped to the company and in exchange they give a refurb which is already repaired by the company itself. After a certain time post purchase, its not possible for a replacement. Usually, DOA items are replaced. HDDs are either new or refurbished. Same for certain power supplies or else its a new one. Minor repairs are done by the service centers, but sensitive work is always shipped back to the company. In any which case they are not substandard product than the brand new counterpart.

The confusion between two service centers is something they should have handled it without affecting a lot of time. But at the end of the day, assuming that refurbished is bad is a wrong assumption. Besides, R9 290 is probably phased out of production so its all the more unfeasible to give a new one. You can try to make a request if you're bent on it, but it shouldn't be an issue to use a refurb unit.

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
You're assuming that refurbished will fail.

I had experiences with replacement, repair and refurbished units. In all three cases, the units that came back did not have any issues. There was this one time where a refurbished unit failed on my friend's system which turns out that it was the PSU was damaging the unit. Otherwise there was nothing wrong with it. Same happened with an 990FX Sabertooth and then they replaced a VRM- and it worked just like that.

Its well within company's replacement policy to either replace, repair or provide you a new one. Some repairs are minor. Some repairs are not which is shipped to the company and in exchange they give a refurb which is already repaired by the company itself. After a certain time post purchase, its not possible for a replacement. Usually, DOA items are replaced. HDDs are either new or refurbished. Same for certain power supplies or else its a new one. Minor repairs are done by the service centers, but sensitive work is always shipped back to the company. In any which case they are not substandard product than the brand new counterpart.

The confusion between two service centers is something they should have handled it without affecting a lot of time. But at the end of the day, assuming that refurbished is bad is a wrong assumption. Besides, R9 290 is probably phased out of production so its all the more unfeasible to give a new one. You can try to make a request if you're bent on it, but it shouldn't be an issue to use a refurb unit.
I don't have any problem with a refurbished product. And I know very well it's company's policy and right to replace with either new or refurbished product.

My complaint is not regarding refurbished product. It's the time factor and mishandling by Aditya. Somewhere in mid January they informed me that the card is irreparable and so it will be replaced. My problem is why they had sent my card to Sapphire on 20th March, after almost 2.5 months, when they were not able to repair it? Why lie to me and give me wrong information that my replacement was already on my way? Why come up with an excuse that the card was tampered after 3 months? There lies my problem.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Its somewhat like this: Aditya InfoTech carried out the repairs work. They couldn't succeed and referred to it as so called 'Tampered & non repairable' and then requested Sapphire for RMA stating its a special case blah blah..
These guys are no good now. I too had to face a lot of trouble for RMA of my FSP PSU to which they said they no longer give support for FSP, even though my PSU was in warranty. Finally, got it repaired at a local center.

Hrishi

In Either case, if the customer has to suffer - then the service sucks, regardless of what circumstances the RMA Partner was in. If it was a special case, why not put an exception and hand over a good card as replacement instead of just harassing the end user/customer ?

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Its somewhat like this: Aditya InfoTech carried out the repairs work. They couldn't succeed and referred to it as so called 'Tampered & non repairable' and then requested Sapphire for RMA stating its a special case blah blah..
These guys are no good now. I too had to face a lot of trouble for RMA of my FSP PSU to which they said they no longer give support for FSP, even though my PSU was in warranty. Finally, got it repaired at a local center.

Agreed. Their technician screwed up may be, and they were trying to blame it on me.

In Either case, if the customer has to suffer - then the service sucks, regardless of what circumstances the RMA Partner was in. If it was a special case, why not put an exception and hand over a good card as replacement instead of just harassing the end user/customer ?

If only they were that considerate. Right now I will be happy to just have a working card on hand.

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Update: Sapphire replied to my query on the status. And product has already left Sapphire's warehouse. They were kind enough to give me the shipping manifest. Now I can track when it arrives in India

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I bought a Zotac GTX9800 in 2009 where I sent it for RMA in the same year but I received a new sealed piece just after 15 days.
I bought a Sapphire HD7850 2GB in 2012 where I sent it for RMA in the same year but I received a new sealed piece just after 15 days.

Here in Secunderabad I never faced any difficulty from various brands service centerssince 2008.

nomad47
I am surprised that Sapphire or Aditya did such horrible things to you in Kolkata.

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I bought a Zotac GTX9800 in 2009 where I sent it for RMA in the same year but I received a new sealed piece just after 15 days.
I bought a Sapphire HD7850 2GB in 2012 where I sent it for RMA in the same year but I received a new sealed piece just after 15 days.

Here in Secunderabad I never faced any difficulty from various brands service centerssince 2008.

nomad47
I am surprised that Sapphire or Aditya did such horrible things to you in Kolkata.
You are lucky man. I just hope I get a working GPU now.
BTW I sent it to Jaipur. I moved out of Bengal ;)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You are lucky man. I just hope I get a working GPU now.
BTW I sent it to Jaipur. I moved out of Bengal ;)

I am not a lucky man because here in Secunderabad every brand RMA guy does their jobs like their lives depends on it. Many of my friends got their computer components without any fuss within 15 days here in Secunderabad.

RMA center guys asks for sometimes serial numbers or Invoices and tells us to wait for 15 days only.

Top Bottom