Home Theatre Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Wharfedale 9.1 consists of only 1 speaker? :confused: Can it be directly connected to PC and does it necessarily needs s sound card/amp ?

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
U can't compare them both.. Wharfedale is a bookshelf speaker, which is better music & surround speakers..

Mr. Officer

Rookie
Wharfedale 9.1 consists of only 1 speaker? :confused: Can it be directly connected to PC and does it necessarily needs s sound card/amp ?

Is it better than Z623? How much?

Wharfedale 9.1 is the model no. and is a pair of (passive) bookshelf speakers which need external amplification [AVR or Amp's] and has 01 X 5.25" midbass and 1" X tweeter in each box/column

To play music directly from source you'll need active/powered [inbuilt amp] speakers. A very good brand is audioengine

Cheers

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I want to confirm, whether that Yamaha set is worth 36k. Are the speakers as good as Yamaha NS P40? Onkyo S3400 is also at the same price in Ebay and I know it is overpriced. So is the Yamaha YHT-294.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
U can't compare them both.. Wharfedale is a bookshelf speaker, which is better music & surround speakers..

Wharfedale 9.1 is the model no. and is a pair of (passive) bookshelf speakers which need external amplification [AVR or Amp's] and has 01 X 5.25" midbass and 1" X tweeter in each box/column

To play music directly from source you'll need active/powered [inbuilt amp] speakers. A very good brand is audioengine

Cheers

Wharfs 9.1 is the brand and model no of the same, and no you cannot connect them directly to PC, you need an amp (as already mentioned by some). Also comparing them with Z263 is an insult in self for the wharfs. Please keep multimedia range of speakers out from these entry level audiophiles ......

I think you got no option left ..... go with them if they are shipped to your place ..... :)

Thanks for your replies guys. So one necessarily needs an amp to connect these. So buying just them isn't of any use? One noob question, what are bookshelves speakers? (@Skud, sorry for hijacking your thread)

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I have not listened to Yamaha YHT-294, but I feel that NS p40 spk are better than what 294 is offering. If you are ready to spend that much amount, I suggest take a look at DENON DHT 1312 ...... this product is far far better than Onkyo and YHT 294 .......

Global Easybuy is safe to purchase :?:

Also no compatibility problem (like electrical etc.) :?:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
No problem bro. :)

ty :)

Bookshelves is just a category one can divide spk set in to .... we have satellite spks the smallest ones, which usually are bundled with these HTiBs like what we have discussed here. Then we have bookshelves, which are a bit bigger and can accommodate woofer and other drives in small chambers as well. Lastly we have floor stands, where are full length spks, and have enough room to accommodate more then one driver for the tweeter, mid range or sub. ,......

Thnx for explanation. So basically bookshelves are so called "box" speakers in layman terms? :|

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the assurance.

Gosh, I really need once finance management software now. ;) Anyway, there's always Excel.

vicedens2002

Broken In
Didn't read the full thread. just a tip. If you are buying a Denon amp look for models xx12. The last two digit always denotes gen-year for all denon amps.

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
what ur preference music or movies ?
you watch movies more or u listen music more.
you want AVR package i have an onkyo reciver and 5.1 speaker package.
if u r willing to purchase u can ask & i will send you the pic .

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ah, this is the right place to discuss. ;)

Music more, but movies are important too. How about this???

Wharfedale Moviestar 100 5.1 Speakers + Yamaha RXV 371 AV Receiver Home Theatre Package

BTW, which model do you have?

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
the receiver i am suggesting you is a mid segment AVR & best among its grade. and one more i can guarantee u will get u product at ur door step we are talking of amazon here i think name is more than enough to tell u what i am trying to say and one more think don't buy avr from amazon.com because u will need a power converter or step down transformer which will cost u more . and amazon.de has the same volt product as our country basically most of the product which get imported are European. if you listen music more you will need power amp as well as pre amp which will cost more so at least make up-to mid range receiver to get the most from ur avr.or which u pay for.

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
u can connect 5.1 in 7.1 receiver it doesn't mean u have to connect 7.1 speaker . even u can connect 2.1 on this receiver . u will get the most crispy and clear sound from ur speaker. & what the room size where r u going to use ur home theater.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Living room, fairly large and rectangular. Exact size I have to measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom