Not open for further replies.
OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about this set, spec wise?

Brand New Yamaha YHT-395BL | eBay

Amazon Link: *www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YHT-395BL-Complete-5-1-Channel-Theater/dp/B004SL4ADA

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seller also looks OK, I guess?

Here's the connectors:-

*g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page2/yamaha_b004qqxdvc-02lg.jpg

So, is all I need to do is connect my HTPC to a HDMI in and TV to HDMI out? How to connect the sound card to the receiver?

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Video system is stated as NTSC, I think we are on PAL. So will it work?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Get Wharfedale 9.2 or 9.1 with Norge 1000 amp .... warf 9.1 should be around 9-10 K and Norge 1000 amp again should not be more than 10K. ..... and you still would get a stereo pair that would be far better than anything that has been discussed here. For reviews just google Norge 1000 with Wharfedale 9.1 ....

That is a good suggestion for an audio setup. But doesn't suit OP's requirements for home theater..

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about the Yamaha set I mentioned earlier? Are Yamaha good in general?

Sent an email to the ebay seller and they are saying the Yamaha YHT-395BL is available in stock.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I have to wait fairly long for an audition. :(

Now tell me which will be the better policy, getting a good speaker set now and later adding a receiver or getting the Yamaha YHT-395BL now and later upgrade the speakers depending on my need?

In the first case, I have to add the speakers directly to PC, so it either has to be an Edifier S550 or a set that can be connected via Optical TOSLINK.

Now which one would be better? I am not a bass freak, more treble loving, love finer details in my music and movies (and games).

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't wait for 5-6 years. ;)

Gosh, I am thinking too much...

Seriously buddy which option would be better?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
OR try to get Onkyo TX 309 for 19.5K add Yamaha NS P40 spk package for 15K, resulting in 35K, but then again its gonna be package you will remember your life ........

This is a good option if you can spend 35K..

Haven't auditioned Yamaha YHT-395BL so can't comment on that..

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last option is to get the Receiver now, say Onkyo 309, and route the sound of HTPC to TV speakers for the time being via HDMI, save and then get a good 5.1 set 2-3 months later.

Is it OK?

As for the graphics card, I think a Radeon 6670 would do.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, thanks for the help, Sam. So basically 2 options for me: Yamaha YHT-395BL now or Onkyo TX 309 + Yamaha NS P40 some time later.

Time to check my finances. ;)

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know you are pitting for the better one, but that 10k with pinch me hard, particularly when I need to get newer CPU, Mobo etc. to replace my current desktop setup.

Let's see.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, will try.

OK, Onkyo TX-SR309 5.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver | eBay The seller won't ship this to Patna.

This is getting interesting. Is this a 36k worth package?

Brand New Yamaha YHT-595B | eBay

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Scroll down and check:

Shipping & Delivery

All of our items are shipped from either USA or UK. We use several Courier Services for delivering all of our products depending on the item, item location and weight of the item. The delivery time can range from 8 to 15 Business Days depending on the particular item and your location in India. Please check with us whether we deliver to your particular location.

PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to service orders from the following states. Any orders received from these states would be declined and the payment would be refunded.

Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir (Srinagar Only), Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Uttaranchal, Sikkim & Tripura

Mr. Officer

Rookie
Skud,

Ideally any audio system 2 ch/5.1/7.1 etc should be built around the speakers and NOT the other way around. I mean [Speakers-->Source-->Amplification ].

Technology in speakers hasn't changed much in the last few decades and decent speakers easily last over 10 yrs even in Indian conditions but YMMV.

Now, in your budget you can start off with a HTiB like Onkyo/Yamaha/Denon even Philips with 5.1 /7.1 AVR capable of pumping out atleast 80 -100 W/C offering upto 4 HDMI ports and optical out for audio and later as and when budget permits just change the front L/R to either bookshelf's or FS. This will solve all your requirements.BUT please please stay away from LG,Sony,Samsung etc.

If you have someone in Delhi/Mumbai who can pick-up a Pioneer/Denon/Marantz/Onkyo AVR from grey market that'll be useful as well OR if you are open to buying used AV gear then you can build a very decent system in your budget but via this route patience is the key.

I'll be checking out a few HTiB for you and will revert accordingly.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom