Hindus in Bangladesh rattled by a string of attacks

mediator

Technomancer
news said:
The activists torched, vandalised and looted homes, shops and businesses establishments of Hindus in the northwestern districts of Dinajpur, Lalmonirhat and Thakurgaon and at Noapara in western Jessore district, which was the worst affected area. According to statistics from the Hindu-Buddhist-Christian Unity Council (HBCUC), 485 households and 578 shops owned by Hindus in 32 districts were vandalised since the election schedule was announced on November 25. During this period, 152 temples were also damaged.

Read more at: *www.firstpost.com/world/hindus-in-...f-attacks-1335685.html?utm_source=ref_article

The activists torched, vandalised and looted homes, shops and businesses establishments of Hindus in the northwestern districts of Dinajpur, Lalmonirhat and Thakurgaon and at Noapara in western Jessore district, which was the worst affected area. According to statistics from the Hindu-Buddhist-Christian Unity Council (HBCUC), 485 households and 578 shops owned by Hindus in 32 districts were vandalised since the election schedule was announced on November 25. During this period, 152 temples were also damaged.

e activists torched, vandalised and looted homes, shops and businesses establishments of Hindus in the northwestern districts of Dinajpur, Lalmonirhat and Thakurgaon and at Noapara in western Jessore district, which was the worst affected area. According to statistics from the Hindu-Buddhist-Christian Unity Council (HBCUC), 485 households and 578 shops owned by Hindus in 32 districts were vandalised since the election schedule was announced on November 25. During this period, 152 temples were also damage

Read more at: *www.firstpost.com/world/hindus-in-...f-attacks-1335685.html?utm_source=ref_article

Hindus in Bangladesh rattled by a string of attacks | Firstpost

sujoyp

Grand Master
Its always like that...Hindus are political issue in bangladesh ....the opposition BNP hates hindus and are pro pakistanis and the in-power hasina's party are said to be pro democracy and pro india

when ever opposition wants to create problem they create problem for hindus soo that it hurts present government

How will 8% hindus can even fight back.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
All this hatred in this world have me so worried.

India needs to take tough stand on this. But the present government being Congress led UPA cannot expect much as they will not want to alienate other groups..

While humanity gets slaughtered people would still be bothered with anything other than fill coffers.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Its better not to participate into matter of other country ....or it will be big trouble if all muslim county try to interfere in muslim issues of India ....and there are more then 20% muslim in India

Then china will fight for buddhism issues and USA will fight for christian issues ....Big big trouble ahead

We have seen the Srilanka tamil fight.

funskar

Padawan
Its better not to participate into matter of other country ....or it will be big trouble if all muslim county try to interfere in muslim issues of India ....and there are more then 20% muslim in India

Then china will fight for buddhism issues and USA will fight for christian issues ....Big big trouble ahead

We have seen the Srilanka tamil fight.

+1 ..

but muslims protested in india for killing of muslims in israel etc

sujoyp

Grand Master
Protest is fine for day or two...like our govt say sonia gandhi is upset and manmohan singh is very angry and blah blah ...but interfering by taking some social , milletary or political action can be dangerous

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Protest is fine for day or two...like our govt say sonia gandhi is upset and manmohan singh is very angry and blah blah ...but interfering by taking some social , milletary or political action can be dangerous

That's ridiculous and not acceptable. I mean, its not worth disrupting your own country's affairs over the atrocities faced by your religious community abroad. It is a different matter if such atrocities are carried out in our own country, though still not acceptable it is understandable because our government itself has not taken adequate steps in enforcing law and order or taken steps in curbing such atrocities.

However, disrupting affairs here over atrocities elsewhere does not accomplish anything.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
no matter what country, the places Muslims are in Majority, minority always suffer,

i am not against them but its reality, if one Muslim man is hurt by a non muslim, it creates lots of problem in the world, however more number of muslims are being killed by muslims only in the middle east, look at Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan and many muslim country, there is no peace.

there is no solution for this, even Europe and USA also now don't wont to interfere with them

watch this video,

[YOUTUBE]5eoHMicqnz8[/YOUTUBE]

if any society wish to prosper and survive , they should change as per the time, its not the 7th century anymore, and the change will not come from outside, it will come from the people of the said community only, they have to raise up and say that "THIS THING IS WRONG AND OUTDATED, AND WE HAVE TO CHANGE IT AS PER THE CURRENT TIME"

but i dont see that happening soon

kaz

right here
no matter what country, the places Muslims are in Majority, minority always suffer
I don't know why you think so....Many Indians (Hindus and Tamilans too be exact) are working peacefully in the Gulfs.

i am not against them but its reality, if one Muslim man is hurt by a non muslim, it creates lots of problem in the world,
When Muslims were killed in Myanmar no muslim country came forward :( So its clear that there is no brotherhood among muslims rather they are just interested in creating scene when they get a chance. myanmar muslims

however more number of muslims are being killed by muslims only in the middle east, look at Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan and many muslim country, there is no peace.
What about Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman?

there is no solution for this, even Europe and USA also now don't wont to interfere with them
May be they have got with what they want....OIL....Providing army in Kuwait and taking away most of the Crude is what they want from all other nations.

if any society wish to prosper and survive , they should change as per the time, its not the 7th century anymore, and the change will not come from outside, it will come from the people of the said community only, they have to raise up and say that "THIS THING IS WRONG AND OUTDATED, AND WE HAVE TO CHANGE IT AS PER THE CURRENT TIME"

Just for few nations you can't blame all......

watch this video,
This guy is crazy....I don't know what kind of people are following this psycho.... My grandfather told me "if someone hits you, even when its not your mistake warn him 3times before you give him back" Thats what Islam taught him....And no where its told to put a knife on one's neck and ask them to convert to Islam.... Although I am not a mullah and I don't know what Jihad actually means but I think its time now to explore the truth.....

All these violence against other religion and tribe is a shame on the county's name. And god knows who is benefited from all these nonsense? I think only political parties...

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Its always politics behind religious hatered...common man just want to fulfill there needs thats all..

If its problem in bangladesh thats cause the party in power is said to be pro india and people of bangladesh term it as pro hindu nation ...soo the opposition wants to kill hindus to show that they are against india and pro muslim...something of this sort...

I was there for past 1.5 years and know whats happening there :(

you would laugh at this ....a bangladeshi educated (graduate) girl asked me once "do muslims too live in your country " and I said my country have more muslims then your country ...and they are indians and we dont fight all year like your country...we live in peace ...they are in police, army,politics and not seen as B-grade citizens like they treat hindus in bangladesh

kaz

right here
+1
All we can do is pray for those narrow minded people... May almighty show them the right path :)

dude1

Journeyman
no matter what country, the places Muslims are in Majority, minority always suffer,

i am not against them but its reality, if one Muslim man is hurt by a non muslim, it creates lots of problem in the world, however more number of muslims are being killed by muslims only in the middle east, look at Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan and many muslim country, there is no peace.

watch this video,

Agree... Even I am not against muslims. The fact that top 10 terrorists(Who are the world's 10 most dangerous terrorists? - CNN.com) are followers of muslim religion could be attributed to the fact that the muslim community still follows old obsolete laws in middle east(where most of them are based). The muslims in the rest of the world are much more peaceful(like in india, usa where the laws are relevant to time ). And the fact about majority and minority is that anywhere in the world, minorities are victims.

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer
Its funny how the mod of this forum had no other task then to sit, troll and delete the factual outpurings. Message was conveyed though.

Anyways,
dude1 said:
And the fact about majority and minority is that anywhere in the world, minorities are victims.
In this country, people make fun of their own so called gods and anyone who promotes Indian science called as religion a.k.a Hinduism, is by default seen as communal, anti-minority and people scared to discuss their so called 'faith' in front of muslims. Its even more funny, when 20% of the population in the second most populous country is seen as 'minority' and not jain,sikh,confucianist,jews,Iskonites who see themselves as apart from so called 'hinduism'. I don't even see how many of these have been classed as 'victims' consistently like a special category.

Why is that there exist a special category which is always seen as a 'victim'? So called 'hinduis' or jains or buddhists or confucianists or many other 'isms' don't cry of being victimised. Genocide of Hindus in Bangladesh, Kashmir, Mughal era, buddhists is something which is beyond victimisation and comes under the category of ethnic cleansing. Other 'isms' stay and adapt to the local crowd. I dunno why there exist such a generalization in the first place -> "minority is that anywhere in the world, minorities are victims". And its even strange when no one wants to talk about the Kashmiri Pandits, who have become 'minority' in their own land. Any crocodile tears for them? Somewhere deep down, people will still refuse to talk about that at length! :oops:

@dude1 - I'm not pointing fingers at you. Just talking generally!

Last edited:

dude1

Journeyman
Its funny how the mod of this forum had no other task then to sit, troll and delete the factual outpurings. Message was conveyed though.

Anyways,

In this country, people make fun of their own so called gods and anyone who promotes Indian science called as religion a.k.a Hinduism, is by default seen as communal, anti-minority and people scared to discuss their so called 'faith' in front of muslims. Its even more funny, when 20% of the population in the second most populous country is seen as 'minority' and not jain,sikh,confucianist,jews,Iskonites who see themselves as apart from so called 'hinduism'. I don't even see how many of these have been classed as 'victims' consistently like a special category.

Why is that there exist a special category which is always seen as a 'victim'? So called 'hinduis' or jains or buddhists or confucianists or many other 'isms' don't cry of being victimised. Genocide of Hindus in Bangladesh, Kashmir, Mughal era, buddhists is something which is beyond victimisation and comes under the category of ethnic cleansing. Other 'isms' stay and adapt to the local crowd. I dunno why there exist such a generalization in the first place -> "minority is that anywhere in the world, minorities are victims". And its even strange when no one wants to talk about the Kashmiri Pandits, who have become 'minority' in their own land. Any crocodile tears for them? Somewhere deep down, people will still refuse to talk about that at length! :oops:

@dude1 - I'm not pointing fingers at you. Just talking generally!
@Mediator me too! I am also talking in general when I say minority. Not just the muslim minority but any other minority in any other nation. If u would read my quotes correctly I am not at all justifying the "ethnic cleansing" thing. I hate it.
In fact my comment about minority was about the bangladeshi incident where hindus were a minority. But the past is past and pointing the fingers at muslim rulers of the past to justify the actions of present is wrong.And about kashmiri pandits I dont know why they have become a minority. But if it is due to the actions of the muslim fundamentalists then it is as condemnable.
Now the point where you mentioned different religions see that Jainism and sikhism are not some "immigrant" religion. Sikhs are to hindus what protestants are to catholics. Though they are not part of the hindu religion they ARE hindustani religions. Originated here. Of jews to speak i am not aware of an area in country Called "Jewish" area. What i mean is there is not a sizable population of jews in India. With them we(hindus) have no conflicting faith or history.
But here you go wrong- Iskon itself says that they are "a monotheistic tradition within the Vedic and Hindu cultural traditions". So no conflict.
But hindu muslim rivalry is old and fierce like christian and jew. Hence my point is that this has to stop somewhere. Tit for tat is bad in long term, thats all I am saying. There is no question sympathy , no crocodile tears.

Last edited:
OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer
@Dude - Its not about Hindu or Muslims rivalry at all. Why is then Muslims are seen with suspicion in almost all parts of the world? There is jew-muslim rivalry in mid-east, christian-muslim rivalry in france, US, Britain, buddhist-muslim rivalry where Burma,Assam riots invoke a sense of 'brotherhood' in other parts of the world, triggering blasts in Buddhist temple in Bihar?

*www.facebook.com/burma.stop.killing.muslims
'The situation in Assam is worse than Gujarat in 2002' - Rediff.com India News

O you who believe, take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends of each other. And whoever amongst you takes them for friends he is indeed one of them. Surely Allåh guides not the unjust people. (Quran 5.51)

Fight those who believe not in Allåh, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which Allåh and His Messenger have forbidden, nor follow the Religion of Truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgement of superiority and they are in a state of s subjection (9.29)

What if I do not believe in Allah, the Last day or acknowledge superiority to the believers? You may give a translation which does not speak this.

You may also research upon Quran verse - 8.39, 9.29, 9.5, 9.11, 9.56-57,2.193,3.83, Shahi Muslim - 1.33,19.4294 etc for the list is big. Its not about Hindu muslim rivalry at all.

Connect to this -> *www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/atheists-face-death-in-13-muslim-countries/article1-1161005.aspx

If we go by "immigrant religion", then there are many immigrant "isms" whose followers live in India yet never talked about victimisation. I have specifically stated of ethnic cleansing in Bangladesh for a reason. The same pattern exists in Pakistan and many other Islamic nations where native tradition was destroyed starting from Iran itself e.g Ahura Mazda and slowly Egypt!

If victimization was indeed a problem in India then from "a few traders and invaders" there population would never had increased to 20% compared to Hindu(Hindu, Sikhs etc) in Pakistan from more than 20% to 2% now and same in Bangladesh etc. If it was minority victimization, then there wouldn't be any Haj subsidy or religion based reservation in a secular nation or sections to give space to muslim law as well. Which other country entertains all this? Which Muslim country itself gives Haj subsidy? Do all of them give?

My point is about a generalization i.e Minorities are always victimized!

Good discussion but... :)

PS - Thanks to the troll mod, I had to write a few things again. Wish there were more broad minded administrators in Indian forums rather than the ones who see and post distorted version of Gita and laugh at Veda but have their hearts pumping 20000 gallons at a mere mention of Quran! :oops:

Last edited:

snap

Lurker
There was some database errors and the old backup was restored so most of the new posts are gone.

People view/interpret/believe/want what they want it to be.

is this relevant?

Self-verification theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom