Hindi games

Sujeet

Undead!!!
that guy was one from those bunch of jerks for whom even first two letters 'ra' of game and the fact that bot of 'em were game, was enough to get his head goin. into soething nasty like that.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Let me quote what I said earlier.

C'mon, now everyone is sensitive about virtual animals? We don't even give a damn if we slaughter virtual human beings.

Some idiot even had the audacity to compare Ra. One with Rage- Technoholik : Games of the Month: Ra.One vs. Rage v2.0 :shock:

Never played Ra.one the game, so cannot comment much about it, but comparing it to Rage is plain stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

D

Deleted member 26636

Never played Ra.one the game, so cannot comment much about it, but comparing it to Rage is plain stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

read this excellent review of ra.one the game- IndianVideoGamer | Video Game News, Video Game Reviews, Indian Video Games | Review: Ra.One: The Game

& btw, why do you keep posting via Mobile Device? :D

tkin

Back to school!!
read this excellent review of ra.one the game- IndianVideoGamer | Video Game News, Video Game Reviews, Indian Video Games | Review: Ra.One: The Game

Don't poke him :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

:censored: :punch: :hissyfit: :banghead:
Posted via Mobile Device
:facepalm:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice review BTW. I didn't know Trine made Ra.one. Now I wonder, what do you get if you take a s****y movie and turn into game via a company renowned for making s****y games?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

Maheksha

Right off the assembly line
hai,

imagine same game(or any other game like COD, BF3 etc) with Hindi names & locations, all dialogues in Hindi. wont that be fun ?

WOW and why not have entire "Mahabharata" as a RPG ? that will be a massive game and popular too. Imagine you are playing it from Arjun's,Bhim's,Krishan's point of view. wow...

Is it really that hard to make such game ? They will just have to do voice over. I will love to play GTA with New Delhi , Mumbai map

D

Deleted member 26636

Nice review BTW. I didn't know Trine made Ra.one. Now I wonder, what do you get if you take a s****y movie and turn into game via a company renowned for making s****y games?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well you get a shitty. one :wink: :D

Neuron

Electronic.
Most people in India don't have good sense of quality.You can tell this from our movies.Atleast that's my personal view.

gameranand

Living to Play
hai,

imagine same game(or any other game like COD, BF3 etc) with Hindi names & locations, all dialogues in Hindi. wont that be fun ?

WOW and why not have entire "Mahabharata" as a RPG ? that will be a massive game and popular too. Imagine you are playing it from Arjun's,Bhim's,Krishan's point of view. wow...

Is it really that hard to make such game ? They will just have to do voice over. I will love to play GTA with New Delhi , Mumbai map

Hey why there isn't a game in which you play as jesus or their murderers. So playing as Lord krishna won't be such a good idea. Make a game but with different names.

Its not hard to make a game with hindi names for devs but its about audience.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Most people in India don't have good sense of quality.You can tell this from our movies.Atleast that's my personal view.

That makes two of us.

Hey why there isn't a game in which you play as jesus or their murderers. So playing as Lord krishna won't be such a good idea. Make a game but with different names.

Its not hard to make a game with hindi names for devs but its about audience.

Making a game about Jesus would be utterly blasphemous, which might spawn a controversy just like the Mohammed caricature thingy. So, I don't think Hindus would take it in good humour if a game on mythology is made. Besides, in a game, there is a possibility that the character dies, this would not be accepted if the character is a god.

gameranand

Living to Play
That makes two of us.

Making a game about Jesus would be utterly blasphemous, which might spawn a controversy just like the Mohammed caricature thingy. So, I don't think Hindus would take it in good humour if a game on mythology is made. Besides, in a game, there is a possibility that the character dies, this would not be accepted if the character is a god.

Exactly. Thats what I was trying to say.

I also think that bollywood is terrible. Personal choice.

D

Deleted member 26636

hmm...let me share my views on why indian games particularly suck-

1. Why Bad Graphics? :There are no proper game development institutes or courses in india. For the artistic part, you can join any animation instt. & they will teach you the 3d related stuff. they will never teach you how to model, texture etc for gaming purposes. although there are a few institutes popping up which offer game art courses, they are pretty much worthless. There's a lot of technicality involved with 3d art for gaming & these are not taught properly. and there is a typical yindian mentality in most students that if its not taught in institute, they will not learn it on their own. Most students who join such courses come from a totally non artistic background (haven't even done a single sketch in entire life). This is the prime reason for low quality in the game's graphics.

2. Why Bad stories/ gameplay/ game design? : Same as above, lack of knowledge & experience. & no proper institutes teaching game design. In gaming it is not enough that you have an idea. The idea is useless until you can turn it into a fully fleshed out concept. people here spend very less time in pre production. i am not even sure if they write Game Design Documents or greybox their level design(which is basically testing the gameplay elements of a game with the most basic assets before textures & all that eye candy is used). For example,in a game like CoD, a greybox test would use one or two low poly basic characters, boxes in place of buildings & characters etc & then the game will be played to see what it feels like. there is constant testing involved in every phase of the game. But these practices are not followed in india. here everything has to be rushed. just release the damn game in whichever way possible.

3. Why so many bugs? : Programming for games is a lot more different than coding a software. you have work within the bounds of a game engine, its pros & cons, limitations & be very specific. There are a lot of things to consider like the physics, texture streaming, LoD meshes etc etc...now these things take a lot of time. constant testing is necessary to identify bugs & eliminate them. & like i said above, testing takes a back seat in indian game development. most games are released without testing or very little testing resulting in an unplayable game.

Apart from these, investment is also a concern. if you were to develop the mahabharata into an RPG, it'll take atleast 3 years (most AAA game titles take around 2-3 years to be completed). If it is developed in ubisoft which has a lot of studios around the world, its possible that the game can be developed sooner (Just as AC keeps coming out every year). SO, you need a lot of funding if you want to work on a project for 3 years while not seeing anything come your way within that 3 years. How many people will want to invest in something like that? we need better game publishers for long time development. This is why you either see casual games or bollywood games.

But the scenario is slowly changing. there are a few developers who are taking this field a lot more seriously. they may be working on small casual games, but the quality is a lot better than that of TRINE games which claims itself as the largest gaming company in india but is actually the worst. this company along with some shitty bollywood film makers are actually insulting our country by giving out an impression that indians suck when it comes to creative work.

Some notable indian companies are-
Yellow Monkey Games
Synqua
Apar Games
Kreeda Games

Top Bottom