High Priced Linux Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel

Broken In
I happend to visit Sapna Book house in majestic area on my recent visit to bangalore, I saw a complete row filled with different linux distrubitions ranging from Ubuntu , Fedora , Suse and others .. I was shocked to see the cost of the discs. Ubuntu 7.10 DVD was for Rs. 500. where as other were Rs. 1000,where as cd's were going for 200-300 bucks the package was of low quality, but I dont know about the DVD/CD quality. almost all the discs were priced high.. Is this high price justified?

OP
grendel

grendel

Broken In
@rayraven: I donot have any problem cause I have a high speed internet, Want I wanted to tell is that innocent customers may/will think this as reasonable price and buy it where as it can be ordered for free or even smaller amount. People will always find ways to milk money from free software too :mad:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Are we talking about shrink wrapped Distros or local written dvds? For example: *www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_sw/104-...ield-keywords=ubuntu+7.10&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go .

praka123

left this forum longback
last I checked in MG rd gangarams they were giving Linux distro's in Jewel cases in quality medium(Rs 300 and so so..).they are provided by blore lug wala guy(who is a gujrathi,forgot the name.).he is sure taking the premium.

praka123

left this forum longback
meh!they will charge in the name of packaging +"high quality" media price .what can we do ? :?
OH yeah! I got that guy's name.he is PALAK CHANGELA,a Banglore LUG member.he is distributing cd/dvds in blore and near by areas.
his site is:
*www.linsoftindia.com/products/

the price will be more when his(probably) media reaches shops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom