high end phone advice needed.

Minion

Conversation Architect
One of my family members is going to buy a new phone.
Budget is no problem suggestions for android only.
User is a samsung fanboy, so if you are suggesting anything other than samsung the UI and systems should be like samsung.

if he ends up buying the gs4, ill post some pics ;)

possible phones : HTC one. gs4 . anything else you can suggest.

He should either buy HTC one or Xperia Z Samsung S4 may be good in terms of internals but its girlish design and samsung old plasticky feel yuck.If he is so inclined towards Samsung S4 why bother to create this thread.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Your point being? That the HTC One takes the best features and puts them all in one sleek package?

Ultrapixel and Pureview may give similar image quality, but the technology used is nowhere near comparable :|

I just wanted to say that there's no innovation from htc this time.. They simply used technology which was already introduced by other manufacturers..even that aluminum body construction video published few days back is same as xperia p's lol..but that doesn't mean m against htc one.. It's still a great device.. But in front of xperia z? Naah ;)

He should either buy HTC one or Xperia Z Samsung S4 may be good in terms of internals but its girlish design and samsung old plasticky feel yuck.If he is so inclined towards Samsung S4 why bother to create this thread.

Exactly.. Even if we suggest 100 models, he will.still buy s4 lol..

and i bet even with all these comments saying HTC one is better, his friend will go for S4 ;)

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
...but that doesn't mean m against htc one.. It's still a great device.. But in front of xperia z? Naah ;)
You are comparing One with Z,I hated all htc(except Leo)Android offerings,but One is a class act,Z absolutely has NO chance in front of it.
Have you noticed how long does it take to open the camera app in Z?
I am not even thinking about comparing the screens.
The only things that bother me in One is the Blinkfeed and Beats audio thing.

HTC One is good but still the ultrapixel camera may result in its downfall.
Ultrapixel concept is good, it will get improved over the years

daksh

Journeyman
+1 to HTC One.

All the very good review sites(Theverge, Engadget and Anandtech) seem to favour it over S4.
Performance wise there isn't going to be any issue in either of them.
Software wise- UI- Sense, any day. Smart features are absolutely gimmicky.
Looks/feel- It's a landslide victory here.
Camera- One loses here in day shots wins in night shots and has OIS for videos.
Screen- Subjective. I prefer natural colours and no tint of LCD's. Some prefere saturated colours of AMOLED.

Don't forget things like Boomsound and Zoe which people would actually appreciate.

Sarath

iDota
I would suggest the HTC One too. Been wanting to buy that for sometime now. After that Xperia Z looks good.

SGS4 has great hardware but dated looks (ugly?). It doesn't feel like a premium phone esp after Micromax is turning out good looking plastic phones that I have mistaken a couple of times for the S3. Even though I personally dislike it, the Note 2 is the only noteworthy phone that Samsung makes now.

But if your friend likes Samsung so much then why not go with the SGS4 ? It has the most powerful hardware right now and will enjoy great dev and community support, more so that other flagships except the Nexus 4 maybe.

In my personal exp, Samsung and Apple fanbois don't budge from their loyalties :p

aroraanant

Explorer
I would suggest the HTC One too. Been wanting to buy that for sometime now. After that Xperia Z looks good.

SGS4 has great hardware but dated looks (ugly?). It doesn't feel like a premium phone esp after Micromax is turning out good looking plastic phones that I have mistaken a couple of times for the S3. Even though I personally dislike it, the Note 2 is the only noteworthy phone that Samsung makes now.

But if your friend likes Samsung so much then why not go with the SGS4 ? It has the most powerful hardware right now and will enjoy great dev and community support, more so that other flagships except the Nexus 4 maybe.

In my personal exp, Samsung and Apple fanbois don't budge from their loyalties :p
Agree on every point of yours.

Top Bottom