hide folders not visible????

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile

In the zone
Hi..................Everyone :)

when i click the folder options and click on ''Show hidden files'' am not able to view the hidden files??????????Nothing is happening:(....Can any one tell me how can i view my hidden files and folders:confused:

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Start ->Run->regedit->hkey_local_machine->software->microsoft->windows->current version->explorer->advanced->folder->hidden->showall,
here on the right side you will observe a key naming CheckedValue,here if you find it's value as 0, then rename it as 1, if such a key not exist create one

OP
smile

smile

In the zone
No i tried to change the value to 1 ....but no use still i cant view my hidden files:(.....Any alternative method is there:confused:

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Now try this :

hkey_current_user->software->microsoft->windows>current version->explorer->advanced, on the right side you will see a key hidden,rename to 1 again, if not create one

keep the above step done as it is, don't change it's value to 0 again

Last edited:

Yavin

Yalam
As Batistabomb said goto the SHOWALL key and on the right side make sure the 'type' of CheckedValue is REG_DWORD. Usually the virus changes this too. So first delete this old 'CheckedValue' and create a new 'CheckedValue' of type 'REG_DWORD' and give value of 1.

V

vaibhavtek

is u are able to go to the folder by typing in adress bar.

OP
smile

smile

In the zone
@ yavin : if i delete and create a new checkedvalue it says u cants create the same as it already exsits but already i have deleted and created a new checkedvalue but no use:(

arun77574

Broken In
Smile said:
@ yavin : if i delete and create a new checkedvalue it says u cants create the same as it already exsits but already i have deleted and created a new checkedvalue but no use:(

Usually any manual modifications in widows registry takes effect only after a proper reboot. So restart your computer and try that step once again.
Besides check this site too., it has got fixes for almost all faults that occur in windows.

Code:
*www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Check the line number 155: Enable/Disable Show Hidden Files/Folders in this site.

OP
smile

smile

In the zone
Sorry no use ..................what shall i do now.............any method is there ....whenever i click "show hidden files" check box and check my drives for hidden files and folders its no use.....i cant view them.....when i click on folder option to view..............automatically its "dont show hidden files" option is selected :(.............Guys plzzz help me:confused:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Type this in Notepad and save with and .reg extension on desktop (anywhere you prefer) and double click it to add the entry to registry. Click Yes to confirm.
------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden]
"Text"="@shell32.dll,-30499"
"Type"="group"
"Bitmap"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\
00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,53,00,\
48,00,45,00,4c,00,4c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,34,00,00,\
"HelpID"="shell.hlp#51131"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\NOHIDDEN]
"RegPath"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Advanced"
"Text"="@shell32.dll,-30501"
"Type"="radio"
"CheckedValue"=dword:00000002
"ValueName"="Hidden"
"DefaultValue"=dword:00000000
"HKeyRoot"=dword:80000001
"HelpID"="shell.hlp#51104"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL]
"Text"="@shell32.dll,-30500"
"Type"="radio"
"CheckedValue"=dword:00000001
"ValueName"="Hidden"
"DefaultValue"=dword:00000001
"HelpID"="shell.hlp#51105"

------------------------------------------------
I had the same problem. I exported the above setting from a different PC and did as I had mentioned above and it worked. Please not that you should have admin rights to do this. If this does not work, then your virus infection is still active.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
looks like a case of grum infectin

run in cmd:
del /a:hs c:\setup.exe
del /a:hs c:\autorun.inf

also search for hidden exe file in
c:\windows\system32\drivers\
dir /a:hs

then put this in registry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\NOHIDDEN]
"Text"="@shell32.dll,-30501"
"Type"="radio"
"CheckedValue"=dword:00000002
"ValueName"="Hidden"
"DefaultValue"=dword:00000002
"HelpID"="shell.hlp#51104"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL]
"Text"="@shell32.dll,-30500"
"Type"="radio"
"CheckedValue"=dword:00000001
"ValueName"="Hidden"
"DefaultValue"=dword:00000002
"HelpID"="shell.hlp#51105"

devil_himself

Broken In
Follow Post #2 In This Thread . If Didn't Help Then Follow Post #6 And Post The Results in This Thread
*forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/638788-hidden-files-not-showing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom