Hidden Charges in Paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Hi,
Opened a new paypal personel account to pay for a Domain registration online.
so i transferred balance from Credit card to paypal and then to namecheap.
I completed the transaction and in Transaction summery the amount was 5.99.

I completed the transaction and got a receipt of those 5.99USD.
And when I checked my card statement, in that is one more transaction of value $1.00USD .
description of both is same, "paypal"
.However in Transaction history there only one transaction of $5.99USD. and no mention of $1.00USD

Though amount is small but thing is i wasn't told anywhere about additional $1USD transaction.

I thought paypal is a trust full org, then why its charging via Hidden charges.
Whatever the charges are if should display upfront

maxmk

*eitwebguru.com
I think they take $1 as transaction charges....Read their TOS it must be mentioned somewhere.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
The domain registry has just(may be a couple of days earlier) hiked the domain fee by 1 USD. Its possible that the company you bought the domain from is yet to update the price list. Ask them if this is the case. A link for you: *domainnamewire.com/tag/domain-price-increase/

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Did you Ask Paypal for verification ?

Only then it debits some amount to show transaction with EXPUSE CODE ?
I didn't ask them.
Here what i did.
1) Sign up for a new paypal account & verified my email
2) signed up at namecheap & choose option to pay via paypal
3) in transaction summary i was shown amount as $5.99USD &I was redicted to paypal site
4) On Paypal site, it said, as my account didn't have sufficient balance, it asked me to enter my credit card number.
5) After that my transaction was successfully completed, i was again redirected to namecheap and i was shown transaction summary with amount $5.99.

This $1USD aren't mentioned anywhere, i check my account history at namecheap & paypal.

I have also mailed Paypal about this but no reply yet:|

The domain registry has just(may be a couple of days earlier) hiked the domain fee by 1 USD. Its possible that the company you bought the domain from is yet to update the price list. Ask them if this is the case. A link for you: *domainnamewire.com/tag/domain-price-increase/
Yep, i know what why i transferred by domain *before* registry hike.
There was a offer on namecheap to transfer your current name to them and get 1 yr extra validity on whatever is remaining. the charges for that domain name transfer were $5.99USD.

I hope someone hasn't got hold of my Credit card details:|

I think they take $1 as transaction charges....Read their TOS it must be mentioned somewhere.
Buddy, can you point where it is written?
I am able to find it.

in here --> *www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees
it says Sending money is free

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Paypal charges $1 or €1 whenever you add a credit-card to your paypal account. I had €1 cut too. Thats just a one-time charge though.

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Paypal charges $1 or €1 whenever you add a credit-card to your paypal account. I had €1 cut too. Thats just a one-time charge though.
This is means, my card is now linked to paypal and i am verified?

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ It is linked but not necessarily verified. Not sure about verification though.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

It only charges when u signup for verification. I think Gary must have accepted Verifcation in between and got charged

Well the $1 which Paypal charges are returned to the account after some time. This transaction is only done to give user his paypal verification code, which appears in the transaction's entry in the statement of the card user. This is clearly mentioned in the paypal help. If the $1 has been charged for verification purpose then You must have got it back in your account by now. There is NO fee for card verification.

if thats not the case, keep contacting paypal support. They usually give answer within 5 days as per my experience. I never have paid thru paypal, only received money from my foreign based clients so cant tell you exactly about it. But one thing is sure, there is no money charged for making payments and for verification. That i have confirmed from their help system.

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
It only charges when u signup for verification. I think Gary must have accepted Verifcation in between and got charged

I didn't sign up for any verification.
and in my account, paypal is still asking me to complete verification.
Although this is just $1, but i am not comfortable with someone charging on my credit without my knowledge.

Already mailed them regarding this, 3days no reply yet:(

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Paypal wont reply for for a month or so. Best would be to give them a Call using free VOIP service sites like gizmocall.com

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Paypal wont reply for for a month or so. Best would be to give them a Call using free VOIP service sites like gizmocall.com
Didn't work, i reached till IVRS after that:

1) keypay - i didn't have keypad
2) saying the number one by one - the Gizmo adds kept interrupting
in between, so that too failed
3) it said - sorry our office is closed

Got any better ideas?

din

Tribal Boy
Verification - Amount is not $1, it will be like $1.9 (not an exact amount)

So the $1 they charged is something else.

Did you check in the paypal statement ? any details for the $1 in paypal statement ?

Also, I guess your account is an Indian account ? In that case it will take a bit longer, you sent them email using the form inside your account (after login) right ?

They will sure get back to you irrespective of the amount in question. May be taking more time than expected.

Last edited:
OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Verification - Amount is not $1, it will be like $1.9 (not an exact amount)

So the $1 they charged is something else.

Did you check in the paypal statement ? any details for the $1 in paypal statement ?

Thats the problem, there is nothing in the statement mentioned why was i charged.

Also, I guess your account is an Indian account ? In that case it will take a bit longer, you sent them email using the form inside your account (after login) right ?
Yep, i sent them mail via Contact Us forum
btw, why do indian accounts take time?

They will sure get back to you irrespective of the amount in question. May be taking more time than expected.

Maybe, but i just hope they won't misuse the credit card information, i gave them while doing transaction:|

din

Tribal Boy
If I remember correctly, US (and may be Canada, Europe) Paypal accounts are still managed by Paypal Inc USA and all other (Indian accounts etc) are managed by their Singapore regional headquarters.

US accounts, they send email replies faster, I do not know the exact reason, may be easy for them as they have to manage only lesser number of accounts. But the phone support almost similar, I mean not very easy to get it solved - irrespective of the country :(

But my experiences with Paypal were always smooth. I had some problems before. Emailed them and they promptly replied and solved it. Another time, called them over phone and they solved it instantly.

And regarding Paypal, you can trust them, they are the most reliable payment service provider. They will never hand over your CC information or any other personal information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom