Hibernation Issues!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirubhai

Broken In
well..... u did not get it completly... the link you gave solves problem "Your Computer Stops Responding (Hangs) When You Try to Bring It out of Standby or out of Hibernation by Using a USB Device"

but i don't have usb mouse! still when i come out of standby using 'Power' button or resume hibernated windows session, i can not scroll in any window. i just confirmed that.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
ughh .. my post was directed towards nitish_mythology ..
sorry for not making it clear ..

----
alibi

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
rajas700 said:
Ya hibernating suck's ur RAM.Because all the thing were stored in RAM when u hibernating .so dont do it offten....

Thats utterly wrong .. Hibernition doesnt in any way affect your RAM's health .. Infact its better for power optimization techniques .. I usually reboots my system when I have to plug someone else's hard drive in my computer .. I have had an uptime of around 49 days with hibernition ..

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys i enabled hibernation today, but it does not show up the button for it. help.
i have xp pro with SP2

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
^^

press shift and u will find tht the standby button becomes hibernate

u can also set the power button to on the cabinet thtis,

to hibernate as soon as u press it

u can enable this in the power options !!!

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Serial Moue!!!

I use a serial mouse,so do I have to just sit back with a problem that has no solutions.I hope there would be one :( :( :(

nirubhai

Broken In
hard luck for us??
where are all those members? who were saying hibernation is good & blah blah blah....
i want to use hibernation but i can't do without scroll!

agnels

Live The Dream!
Have anybody noticed that if you connect to the net using dial up after hibernation you will get connected to the net at a lower speed
40 KB/s instead of 45.2 KB/s

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Prb soved

I had a good luck.just brougt a PS2 mouse of my friend & it works flawless.So May be this can be a lesson for other members.
Hurrah!!!!!!! :D :D

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
agnels said:
Have anybody noticed that if you connect to the net using dial up after hibernation you will get connected to the net at a lower speed
40 KB/s instead of 45.2 KB/s

its not true. in my case i sumtime get more like i connected b4 hiber(n) and the speed was 19KbPS and after hiber(n) it was 48KbPS

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Hiberntion and speed!!

I am unable to figure out the relation between hibernation and the speed of internet connection.They are two independent hings I hope....

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman
Re: Mouse stops responding!!!

nitish_mythology said:
My mouse stops responding after I resume from hibernation!! What to do?????

Try using somebody else mouse and check whether it happens with the new mouse also!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom