Hi-Fi Music: Bass & Treble Controls

Bass & Treble Controls required?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
personally i prefer original sounds, no extra bass or treble required. But for that the speakers should be able to play the frequencies properly or the music would sound totally bland. and Bose is a leader in that department.

controls or no controls....i wish to own Bose speakers some day. (a small 2.1 system costs 16k:-o :-o :-o ) (Bose Wave system costs 27k:-o :-o :-o ) and they offer finance schemes on things costing more than 70k.

the current speakers (Altec Lansing 621) i own has a very unique system. first of all there is no treble control.
and the bass control is on the back side of the woofer! and that too it is a small knob like which we find in electrical fittings (at first glance it looks like a fuse)..we have to rotate it to increase or decrease the bass.

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Well BOSE would be right if we used a BOSE system for playback through BOSE speakers. I do not think they can generalise. (It will end up being like using high end Creative speakers with some junk soundcard).

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^Pure junk post

- Bose only makes crappy speakers. Doesn't make electronics
- Even the top end creative speakers are pure junk... doesnt matter what soundcard one uses :D

NucleusKore

TheSaint
^^Pure junk post

- Bose only makes crappy speakers.

Crappy? You must be from Mars.

... Doesn't make electronics

What a JOKE. Show's how well informed you are. See this
*www.bose.com/controller?event=view_product_page_event&product=wrcd_wave_index

- Even the top end creative speakers are pure junk... doesnt matter what soundcard one uses :D

Maybe for you.

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

Ch@0s

In the zone
Crappy? You must be from Mars.
Have you heard any other speaker brand? Other than mass market stuff?

What a JOKE. Show's how well informed you are. See this
*www.bose.com/controller?event=view_product_page_event&product=wrcd_wave_index

Maybe for you.

Again that is not classified as electronics. Its an single system. All of those are crap made in china stuff rebadged by bose. By electronics I mean amplifiers. Bose itself uses Denon electronics in its showroom. Doesn't matter anyway cos no matter what electronics you use, bose sounds crappy :p.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I'd Prefer Klipsch , Paradigm , B&W over Bose any time .

Specially , as bode doesn't sell Floor-Standing 3-Way or 4-Way speaker systems , they can't match the quality offered by these companies .

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Bose makes good compact systems. Companion 2 sounds crisp and I really couldn't believe that such small speakers gives such a good big sound. One drawback I noticed is it's bass level reduces significantly after crossing 50% of volume. But at 100$ and ultra compact system, I couldn't ask for more.

So all guys who are thrashing Bose, just listen it once in Studio and believe it. Don't believe in some useless posts and reviews on net. Sound quality is subjective. High Bass sound may be awesome for somebody, but for another, it's simply "Noise".

To get a taste of Bose Companion 2, I will shoot a video and post it here tomorrow!

Last edited:
OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Ok guys...I have uploaded the video to You tube. Sorry, I have to trim off the video in-between to reduce file size.....

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T00I3jR60Q

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i looked up on the internet, and found...
Onkyo - All "amplifiers" has Bass/Treble/Super Bass controls. equalizer was missing everywhere. (DVD/CD players has no amplifier)

Denon - All Amplifiers has Bass/Treble controls. Equalizer was missing everywhere

JVC - All Amplifiers has Electronic Bass/Treble Tone Controls. Equalizer was still missing everywhere

Pioneer - No information

Yamaha - Bass/Treble controls - but Equalizer was missing everywhere

Now, look at this list..

Philips - Loudness , Digital Sound Control 4 modes , Dynamic Bass Boost

Sony - Groove Bass Boost Function, MP3 Booster, 3 Surround Sound Modes

Samsung - No Info

What i see here, all hi end and hi quality systems does not have very complicated audio adjustments. it seems that low end systems had just one thing on their minds, BASS BOOST!! for them it's everything!

talking about bose, they are more concerned about reducing the size of their speakers without sacrificing the sound quality.

If we put an original CD(not MP3 for god's sake!! LoL) or a DVD into a hi end player, it will sound best if we keep the equalisers out of the way. i think ppl from digit test centers will agree to this.

as an exercise, try playing with a 10point equaliser to make the sound as good as it can be. when you're done, compare it with the original sound. you will see the mess created by the equalizer!

During the last visit to the AV EXPO in delhi, i heard an onkyo system(av receiver + DVD)and B&W(Sound)(*www.bowers-wilkins.com/*www.bw.com) playing at default settings.. that was the best sound i ever ever heard!!

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I dislike any company thats tries to snatch a choice from me, so Bose doesn't have my good side. :rolleyes:

Anyway, concerning pricing of Bose speakers, I do think they are grossly overpriced as compared to other brands of its price, it doesn't really match up. I'd rather prefer Paradigm or Von Schweikert for that kind of money. For headphones, nothing matches Sennheiser.

Last edited:

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
true!
talking about price, one unit of series 601 B&W speaker(that's front left component of hometheatre spks) costs more than the cost of the entire 5.1 bose setup! Bose's primary goal is "being small" but still very good sound. while B&W or Von Schweikert has just one goal "absolutely perfect sound" with no compromise! that's where the difference is.

I dislike any company thats tries to snatch a choice from me, so Bose doesn't have my good side. :rolleyes:

Anyway, concerning pricing of Bose speakers, I do think they are grossly overpriced as compared to other brands of its price, it doesn't really match up. I'd rather prefer Paradigm or Von Schweikert for that kind of money. For headphones, nothing matches Sennheiser.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
true!
talking about price, one unit of series 601 B&W speaker(that's front left component of hometheatre spks) costs more than the cost of the entire 5.1 bose setup! Bose's primary goal is "being small" but still very good sound. .....

Exactly! This is what I like about Bose and that's the reason I went for Companion 2. I am sure that at 100$ and such small speakers, I don't have enough options left. It stands to it's name as "Companion" during all times..especially when one is moving to places and still want to enjoy good music.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
while B&W or Von Schweikert has just one goal "absolutely perfect sound" with no compromise! that's where the difference is.
Exactly. Which makes me feel if I buy a Von Schweikert, I get my money's worth. I prefer crystal clear sound with normal size over tiny size with 'good sound'. I'd rather get a pair of mid-level Sennheiser headphones if I were looking for portability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom