Here comes the Macbooks and the Macbook Pros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ Yes kiddo.. There is nothing in a mac for geeks and all mac users are stupid and dumb :lol:

Offtopic, I crossed 1000 posts :D

Last edited:
^^True......coz there is nothing a geek can find interesting in Mac ....
WRONG. Personal opinion always differs. I just said statistically speaking, most mac users are non geeks. This does NOT mean "all geeks find macs boring". Take a look at our forum member amitava82 for example. He is a geek and he likes a mac.

The real issue is that most people assume that a person intrested in computers automatically becomes a geek. Well, then those guys got the defination of geek WRONG. gopi_vbboy included. That caused all this confusion above. He should have used the word "computer enthusiasts" not "geek" and then the statement might have appeared more correct.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
It is indeed the geeky ones who get Macs. A non-geek will generally just use a computer for the sake of using it. And the default computer that one get is a Windows based computer. A mac is bought by those who want more than Windows. They make a conscious decision to change to avoid getting a PC. Mac users are also more vocal than PC users. Best care scenario: Twitter is full of mac users, while facebook is clogged with PC users.

Of course, über geeks will go with Linux, and that's fine.

In any case, here's a comprehensive list of changes that the MacBooks bring to the table. Written by our very own Ashwin aka DrGrudge.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ontopic: 75K for the new Macbook?? OMFG OMFG....

Offtopic: IMHO, there is no relation of the OS with the geekyness of a person.

Each and every Mac, Windows and Linux user can be a geek if he/she has the attitude of digging to the core of a particular thing. Infact I would agree, that some geeky people will definitely look out for options other than Windows like Linux but this isn't actually true. Even an ordinary person migrates from one OS to another.

And hell yeah, a geek has to be like a newbie and should have the intention of learning more, if he wants to become more geeky.....

And most of the people here are indirectly saying that Windows users are n00bs...lol......Vishal Gupta anyone?

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
WRONG. Personal opinion always differs. I just said statistically speaking, most mac users are non geeks. This does NOT mean "all geeks find macs boring". Take a look at our forum member amitava82 for example. He is a geek and he likes a mac.

The real issue is that most people assume that a person intrested in computers automatically becomes a geek. Well, then those guys got the defination of geek WRONG. gopi_vbboy included. That caused all this confusion above. He should have used the word "computer enthusiasts" not "geek" and then the statement might have appeared more correct.

Not all computer ethusisats go for Mac....Most mac users are probably geeks

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
and now the High End Macbook is of 90k plus.. damn it.. put 4k more and you can get old gen Macbook Pro with better graphics.. something has to be done by Apple.. it should stop ignoring Indian users and offer competitive prices..

goobimama

 Macboy
I don't see any point in the high end MacBook. The mid range one is perfect for most uses. Fast processor, RAM, graphics. I can do without the backlit keyboard.

But more competitive prices for India? Hell yeah!

goobimama

 Macboy
Hey. Never said the backlit keyboard isn't a supercool feature. But I can do without it if I have to spend $300 extra on it. I'm not big on the CPU performance thing, cause I've never really needed that extra boost (heck, my 2.0Ghz Core Duo is still good enough). I guess I'll get a midrange MacBook by June or something. From the US of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom