Here comes iPhone killer by Nokia: Nokia 5800 "Tube"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Well lookey what we have here. Hot on the heels of the Nokia Tube demonstration that showed off Espoo’s touchscreen-based competitor to the multi-touch iPhone, here are some more details on the Nokia Tube.

Symbian-freak managed to score a live pic of the Nokia Tube in the wild. The S60 Touch-based handset from Nokia looks a bit awkward compared to the Apple iPhone, but then style and flair are Apple’s forte. And, keep in mind that image is horribly sub-par and that the Nokia Tube is likely still a prototype and will benefit from further refinement from Nokia’s design-heads.
Source
I've also got a pic here.
*img440.imageshack.us/img440/3930/technokiacomnokiatubexm6.th.jpg*img440.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

rageahuja

Broken In
Ya nokia 5800 Xpress soon available in India Market .Like N96 with "Om Santi Om" this time AR" Album Will come pre loaded ie"Nokia Connection" will be preloaded in this phone.
Infact nokia has started prebooking for this

Check out www.nokiaprebook.com/index_live.asp

I thought this is the frst Touch Screen Phone by nokia but somebody says its not .Any way 1st or 2nd week of jan 09 it will be out .

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
I thought this is the frst Touch Screen Phone by nokia but somebody says its not .Any way 1st or 2nd week of jan 09 it will be out .
Incorrect. The 5800XM is the fourth touchscreen phone by Nokia, after the 7700, 7710 and 6708. There were actually three more touchscreen units from Nokia (770, N800 and N810) but they didn't have a cellular radio.

Coool

I'm Back!:D
If u want to post anything related to 5800 post here..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98943

rageahuja

Broken In
Incorrect. The 5800XM is the fourth touchscreen phone by Nokia, after the 7700, 7710 and 6708. There were actually three more touchscreen units from Nokia (770, N800 and N810) but they didn't have a cellular radio.

Thanks bro usefull info

Any news about 5800 price and availability in india?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Sorry but I am bit behind in the tech news stuff these days, but I have seen many phones which said it would be iPhone Killer.. but still the same "iPhone killer" Thread is poping out :p .

HAS ANY OTHER PHONE KILLED THE iPhone YET? :p

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
That depends on how you look at it. In terms of specs and capabilities, the Touch HD has not only killed the iPhone, but buried it.

Camera-wise, a beggar's phone can take better snaps than the iPhone.

When it comes to ease of user interaction though, the iPhone is way ahead in the lead. WinMo, BB Touch, Android and S60v5 have a long way to go while non-touchscreen phones aren't in the race at all. Proprietary touch OSes (Samsung TouchWiz, LG Flash) are great but sadly, aren't used in smart phones.

Last edited:

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Sorry but I am bit behind in the tech news stuff these days, but I have seen many phones which said it would be iPhone Killer.. but still the same "iPhone killer" Thread is poping out :p .

Dude actually every new touch screen comes in the market and some one will post "Here is another Iphone killer".. Say for example: Check the above post he says touch HD is a iphone killer!Just dont take in bad sense but do you know this.. Touch HD is again a windows mobile.. and like touch diamond the interface what you are looking is just an application running and behind it the sad WM interface.. Microsoft if you are listening pls do something!

Really speaking i will love to see a iphone killer! But with the recent market queue i dont see anything soon comming up untill and unless apple decides to come out with something

Last edited:

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont think anything can become Iphone Killer easily.....coz IPhone is somewat related to invincible continuity and innovation since iPod....many killers came and got killed....its tough to face the legacy of iPhone

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'
I was one of the gibberish guys who was praising other phones comparing them with iphone jus to tell how a loser was apple to make such a shlt...b4 PERSONALLY FULLY using iphone for 6mnths..All I can say is...Awesome....
Fellas .. I'm tellin ya I ain't no nuns.. Its for real.... The kind of apps you get... u can never use any other phone.. once you get used to them....! Its not just your phone man... Its your everything.... I agree that there are some basic stuff missing (camera(min3.2), A2DP, MMS(altho no1 uses) etc) but you forget that they are missing and you don't need to use them at all... OMG... I can't imagine how useful it is... Once go to the Appstore and see those hell lotta apps floating around..... Can you imagine anyother phone competing with it?? Never man... Except when you start doing a dry specs comparison... U need to do a practical comparision nigga!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom