Here comes iPhone killer by Nokia: Nokia 5800 "Tube"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Going by that defination, OpenMoko totally pwns iPhone. Just check the apps available for it. Tonnes of them. And iPhone developers number compared to OpenMoko's Debian developers number is like the moon's mass compared to the earth's mass. Here, the apps are actually FREE and anyone can make them, again for FREE.

Man dont start all that bull again. More apps for OpenMoko ? You seem to be so obsessed by the thought of being able to install and use Debain on FreeRunner that you cant even think of the most basic things. Try running your terminal,amarok and other apps on a 2.8 inch touch-screen and then speak :rolleyes:

Ah well lets see how USABLE your debian is on FreeRunner.
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=tCR1QrUM5oU

And those apps are supposed to beat the hell out of iPhone apps! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nikhilpai

Techans
Dude nothing against your phone. I am sure you bought it from hard earned money and you enjoying all the attention!I know it feels good when you lay your hand on a highly cherished gadget after months and months of saving.

Let me put it this way, you see a Mercedes Benz on the road as well as a brand new Fiat Linea chances are you will check out Linea more closely because its a new product. It doesn't mean Linea becomes a Mercedes killer.

Sounds like a winner quote.... except for the fact that you have unilaterally decided that iPhone is Mercedes and 5800 is Fiat Linea :))

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'
Here are some reasons why I believe Nokia 5800 is way ahead than Iphone-

1) Size
The iphone is bigger in size and uneasy for one hand grip. Nokia 5800 is designed to fit well into your hands. Being smaller in width, its easy to operate single handedly.

Iphone size: 115.5 X 62.1 X 12.3 mm
Nokia 5800 size: 111 X 51.7 X 15.5 mm

2) Weight
Iphone is much bulkier than Nokia 5800. Nokia 5800 is 25g lighter than Iphone in weight.

Iphone: 133g
Nokia 5800: 109g

3) Screen Resolution
The Iphone has 3.5” screen while Nokia 5800 has 3.2” but the resolution of 5800 is far more superior to Iphone.

Resolution:
Iphone: 480 by 320
Nokia 5800: 640 by 360

4) Storage
Iphone comes with two options- 8GB & 16GB internal memory. Nokia has a more flexible option to offer 8GB with micro SD card which is expandable upto 16GB. Nokia owners can expand memory size according to needs which the Iphone guys can’t do.

5) Input Methods
Iphone: Finger only.
Nokia 5800: Finger, stylus, plectrum, handwriting recognition.

6) Features
Apple Iphone has lots of missing features like cut and paste function, saving email attachments, no support for third party headphones, ringtones, applications, many software bugs and other technical glitches. Nokia 5800 Tube has no such issues plus many more amazing features included.

7) Colors
Iphone: Black for 8 & 16 GB, White for 16 GB only.
Nokia 5800: Red, Blue and Black.

8 ) Battery
Nokia 5800 provides upto 35 hrs of music playing time against Apple Iphone which claims just 24 hrs. Overall battery power (talktime/standby) is also about 30% more in Nokia 5800. What more, 5800 has a removable battery which Iphone lacks.

Iphone: 5 hrs talk-time, 300 hrs standby, not removable.
Nokia 5800: 8.8 hrs talk-time, 406 hrs standby, removable battery.

9) Camera
Iphone: 2 MP, no flash, no zoom, no additional camera.
Nokia 5800: 3.2 MP, Flash, 3x digital zoom with Carl Zeiss lens. A second camera in front is available for video calling/conferencing.

10) Video Calling
Iphone: No Video calling possible in Iphone.
Nokia 5800: Video calling is possible.

11) Video Recording
IPhone: No option for video recording.
Nokia 5800: Video recording is included.

12) Music Service
Iphone: Paid service with Apple Itunes Store. You pay and download music to your Iphone.
Nokia 5800: “Comes with music” service is bundled with Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic phone by which you can download as much music as you want for 1 year- FREE!!

13) Voice Dialing
Iphone: Not Available
Nokia 5800: Available

14) Voice Recording
IPhone: Not Available

15) Web Browser
Iphone: Webkit based Safari browser, no flash available.
Nokia 5800: Webkit based browser, supports flash lite.

16) FM Radio
Iphone: Not Available

17) Bluetooth
Iphone: Bluetooth is available for just handsfree, no file sharing possible.
Nokia 5800: Bluetooth available for handsfree and file sharing is possible. Better audio quality on bluetooth in 5800 with A2DP technology which Iphone lacks.

18) Messaging
Iphone: It does not support message forwarding, multiple SMS deletion, sending SMS to multiple recipients and multimedia messages (MMS).
Nokia 5800: All the above is possible plus it has MMS ver 1.3, message size upto 600kb, and automatic resizing of Images for MMS.

19) Price
Nokia 5800 is hopefully unlocked (without any contract) and will sell much cheaper for just £219 in UK which is equal to 279 Euros or $385.

Apple iPhone 3G, on the other hand, with contract in US comes for $199 & $299 for 8 & 16 GB models and the plans with AT&T are way too expensive. Unlocked Apple Iphones sells for around $800 on Ebay.

In other parts of the world, the 8GB unsubsidized Iphone model costs 499 euros ($700) in Italy, 350 pounds ($620) in UK, $700 in India. Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic is expected to sell around the world for about $400 or below.

20) Experience
Nokia: Ages of experience, hundreds of success stories and dozens of smart handsets in current portfolio. Nokia has about 40% market share with the No.1 spot with no close competitors. Certainly the king when it comes to brand value, service and experience.

Apple: First phone ever launched by Apple is Iphone, no prior experience in the telecom market. It’s a novice in the market with a very less market share despite having millions of Iphone sold.

Verdict:
Almost all the major brands around the world like Samsung, HTC, LG, etc launched their touchscreen smartphones with a hope to beat Apple’s Iphone. No-one came close to Iphone when it comes to looks, style, feel and features.

This is the first time a tech giant like Nokia has hit it hard with its first true touchscreen smartphone. Nokia 5800 is a real Iphone killer with way ahead features, perfect looks and great price. Bravo Nokia, Well Done!!

Hmm... well but it sounds like you are going by the offical jabbering mate!
Expect for the camera(hardware), video call(again hardware), fm(hardware.mite b possible tho) nothing's write... You can get everything for iphone...
just to mention some(Cuz I ain't got no time to type the **** again)
1) Video Recording possible.(I recommend u a good cam if u really wanna do that all ur time)
2)Msgn forwarding etc... possible.....mms also but u need web
3)Its better to have a bigger screen and fit in the hand( mine ain't no baby hand) than go for bulkiness and have a cramped up screen but with higher resolution...illogical!
4)Nothin's ever beaten iphone in its responsiveness... its an utter waste to have so many input methods when the screen is not so responsive!! huh!
etc.etc...

and apps make everything here possible as long as u have underlying hardware required..which iphone has.....!!! Mate check out what u can get out of iphone with apps....its like farting at 5800..no offence..but it seems so.!

5800 is amazing too.... I also wanted to own it..but after beeing fantasized by iphone.. i could'nt even think of owing a 5800..... After all .. 5800 is just another phone..claiming to be an iphone stabber...tho it never has been and will never be...and let the market speak about it soon....
Everything here is my and many others opinion and most prolly the truth...i don't care if someone tries to manipulate and bullshit this.....

I used the iPhone. NEXT!

Going by that defination, OpenMoko totally pwns iPhone. Just check the apps available for it. Tonnes of them. And iPhone developers number compared to OpenMoko's Debian developers number is like the moon's mass compared to the earth's mass. Here, the apps are actually FREE and anyone can make them, again for FREE.

But ANYBODY will tell you that what really matters is that a good phone should behave as a good phone.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

People buy cars for several lakhs. People buy Laptops for 80K and Desktops for 50K. What makes you think the same people can't afford to buy an iPhone for 29K ? Its just that the iPhone is often not worth the money.

Lol, I just can't stop laughing at that.

The iPhone has several positivies - like being THE best touch screen phone ever made, having a great UI, being a great PMP which looks as well as sounds good and useful for tasks like internet browsing, but false praises would just end up ruining its well-being.

hey metalhead,
I don't know the truth about your OpenMoko ****..but... the fact remains that iphone rox..even if u lol or cry...
Oh yeah... its not worth the money.. then wth do people complain that its expensive? expensive is different and overprice is different...
Forget about the price man... Unless someone's got some brain and know about the power of apps(they can change the way u can freak it out) u ain't gonna buy no ipphone...u just settle with the same **** others were talking bout... its back stabbin'.. u know wat m sayin?
Its not false praise mate...... I only praise what I see damn good bout it .. which can let you establish many tasks....Its not just another phone... its totally different...thats my whole point...

5800 as a phone... stands at top1 If im not ruining ur expectations...but it ain't no where.. when compared to iphone as to what It can do outside the phone **** arena..!
i hope u understood me mate... tc... And I donno how much **** went into that openmoko thingy

Last edited:

ziha786

Journeyman
yes i fully agree - i phone is a good phone but apple spoile it..... now if nokia 5800 xm is a good phone so why its having lots of hanging problems, speaker is not working properly.:confused:

Coool

I'm Back!:D
^^ update ur firmware when nokia releases.......(don't know whether they released or not..)

ziha786

Journeyman
yes but this is wrong to say update your firmware so why new phone create problems like this always. before this i have nokia 5200 there is same speaker problem. so why should customer handling this type of problems.

aditimathur

Right off the assembly line
yes ziha i agree with your point but only nokia provides the firmware update no other
company provides you this services i think this is a better solution for solving lots of problems and you can do yourself through your pc.

yes but this is wrong to say update your firmware so why new phone create problems like this always. before this i have nokia 5200 there is same speaker problem. so why should customer handling this type of problems.

amitbakshi

Use Nokia Firmware and get some awesome updates on your mobile like:-

1. The benefits of updating the Nokia device firmware include getting new features, applications, and performance improvements to your device.
  2. You are downloading a PC application that helps you update your Nokia mobile device’s operating software (also known as device firmware).
    Nokia device firmware is the software that is embedded in the memory of your device, and includes applications such as the calendar and phonebook. This is similar to the operating system software on your PC. The update consists of new features, applications, and performance improvements to the software.
    User data such as contacts, photos, messages, and add-on applications such as Java games or Symbian applications are not part of the device firmware.
    In some Nokia device models, user data – such as contacts and pictures – will be deleted during the software update. It is therefore strongly recommended that you make a back-up of your data before updating your Nokia device firmware to prevent these files being lost.
    When you perform the update, and your Nokia device requires a data backup, the Nokia Software Updater will instruct you when to perform a back-up of your data.
    Note: Nokia device firmware cannot be downgraded. Once you have upgraded your device, you will not be able to restore to the earlier version.

inderjeet03

hi guy's ,
nokia announced the new e-series phone e-75 that is nokia's 1st phone in e-series with n-gage games and side slider, cool look *mobonoid.com/2009/03/humongous-nokia-e75-review/

james347

Broken In
hi guys!

With the huge of success of Nokia 5800, Nokia has really become Apple Iphone Killer. Recently I came across one site which says that there are 20 reasons why Nokia 5800 is better choice than Apple Iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom