help with pc config

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnikk

Journeyman
hi,
this is my pc config but i dont know the psu and cooling.i'm gonna overcloack the gpu and processor.so pls suggest me with psu and cooling,also if you have any better sugesstions for gpu post it.The budget is rs 100000
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Power Supply: :?:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Processor[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Core i7-920 (2.66 GHz) Retail [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cooling:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] :?:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Motherboard:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.) Evga: model: X58[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hard Drive:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Video Card[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Nvidia evga 260gtx [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Monitor: [/FONT]Samsung 2233SW

[FONT=&quot]Sound Card[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Speakers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Logitech G51 5.1 Speakers [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Precision PC Gaming Headset [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cd/DVD-/+RW[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Liteon DVD writer [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Communications[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT]Linksys WMP300N

[FONT=&quot]Keyboard [/FONT][FONT=&quot]& Mouse: normal [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ram:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]3 x 1GB 1375MHz DDR3 Triple Channel Kingston® Memory[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Case:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] cooler master [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Centurion 534 Silver [/FONT]

also suggest an adapter for my mobo because socket type is 1336or1366:-x and all my components of 775/776 socket type:oops:.

for ur query .... get the Corsair HX750 (if its the correct model number :p) as PSU and for cooling u can have TRUE 120.

And about wat adapter r u talking about? Coz both the mobo and proccessor are of same socket. and all the other peripherals (like HDD, DVDRW, and RAM ) dont depend on the socket type (Except RAM which should be DDR3 for ur mobo and it is already DDR3 in ur config). so dont worry bout that.

OP
C

coolnikk

Journeyman
tnx harry but shall i go on sli 260x2 or something else.hey the cooling solution you given is good or not.as it weights 3.8kgs and if i put it on mobo my mobo will break:-x.evenif it is not for mobo then wat heat sink fan should i put on mobo.i found some thing *www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showt....tomshardware.com/forum/254270-28-true-copper

Last edited:
for 22" LCD that u have choosen, no need to go for SLI ..just get a better Single Graphic card if it satisfies u. Which type of games do u play usually ??
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
dude .. this is the TRUE i am talking about : Click here to see

Last edited:
OP
C

coolnikk

Journeyman
is tat psu of 1000w or 750 w and is tat true is mobo fan or cabinet fan also do i need mobo fan or cabinet fan.As i calculated power consumption on this site *extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp and i found it 962 watts.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
mobo: evga X58 or gigabyte X58
PSU: Corsair TX750
cooling: there is no need for this as core i7 is a monster and there is no need to do OC of this proccy. stick to the factory default setup and invest this amount on something else like xbox 360 wireless controller.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've some problem with ur config...
THe components u've chosen are of high end, then why take a normal KBD/Mouse.
Go for gaming mose/KBD. Check SteelSeries, LINK: *www.steelseries.com/us/products
Go for Gaming surface, KBD and mouse.

And, will u plz change ur DVD Writer brand. Please go for LG or Samsung. LiteOn sucks these days.

Rest of the component two thumbs up.

Oh, yeah, PSU 1000Watt Corsair or coolermaster.
And, I do have ThermalRight 120 extreme and it didn't break my MOBO (I've AbiT IX38QuadGT)

OP
C

coolnikk

Journeyman
can you give me a good cd/dvd writer/lightscribe in samsung or lg also which is a good psu. ihave links: 1000watts *www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&id=2519, 1250 watts *www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&id=3143 and 1000w corsair *www.corsair.com/products/hx1000/default.aspx

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

right.. :| im seeing his thread all over the place....

Btw, plz for the sake of the server's load.. :D his questions are already answered in the Official Core i7 thread.. (link in my siggy)... so plz no more replying here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom