Help with PC Config. under 1 lakh

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
@rajan
an intel 40gb ssd is worth 7k maybe
it will be good for use as os drive
but i have my reservations about suggesting an ssd, from a value point of view

it depends entirely on op to decide whether he needs an ssd or not!

@adityagmk
afaik the stock i7 HSFs are good enough for normal use and mild (upto 20%) overclocking

if you are planning to overclock well above 30-40% then get the corsair H50
but know this
at this point of time overclocking i7 930 processors above stock is pretty much overkill
if you aren't using any cpu intensive applications
because the power provided by i7 at stock is phenomenal
not many applications do need more

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
@adityamgk

as u r purchasing cooler master haf 932 go for cooler master air cooler { If u r not overclocker then don't buy bulcky & costly liqid coolers } as i am also not into overclocking i am going to buy from...

Cooler master N520 or Cooler master Hyper 212 Plus or Corsair A70

rajan1311

Padawan
i dont see why you need value items when the budget is so high, also, why suggest a GTX 470? its one of the most fail and non VFM cards in the market....
btw, corsair H70 is out?

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
oops sorry hehe so many mistakes :)

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

@rajan1311..help me in case as i am also planning to buy CM haf 922 which u have so how is the case ? is it carrying hdd & dvd drive properly from both side ? coz i saw some cases reviews where tool free installation is giving support to hdd or dvd drive from 1 side & other side was loose so if we move case hdd is moving from another side.

rajan1311

Padawan
The HDDs remain perfectly fine, i cant imagine how it would move from side to side, the tool free installation is really good and easy to use. Overall, Love the case, good ventilation, you need to clean the front dust filter from time to time as when it gets dusty, it looks really ugly.
The case is pretty big, bigger than your CM 690,the thing is heavy, you cant move it around a lot, its not intended to. In my cabby, the front panel audio aint working, did not bother getting a replacement or repair.
Why dont you have a look at the CM Storm Sniper or Scout? I am just saying that as I am bored of mine, maybe we can swap cases when we get bored :p

adityamgk

The GameFREAK is Online
wats the difference between cooler master haf 932 and the haf-x? and wat are the prices of both? Which is the better of them?

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
@rajan1311..check video review of Thermaltake v9 black edition video review & u will understand that what i am talking about :) Its a relly bad case for hdd mounting which is also tool free :(

ABout case i have better idea juse send me urs 922 & u purchase new1 & i am going to purchase 40gb ssd drive form case saved money :) :)

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

hee ya i am wrong about haf 932. It was my biggest mistake & as i check spec i remove my post but u r so fast rajan1311..u caught my faulty foolish post :)

so when u r sending me haf 922 ???

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

HAF 932 AMD looks r really bad with that red colour yaak...HAF X is much better looks.

rajan1311

Padawan
i can send u my HAF 922 only if you are in bangalore, its pretty heavy, so if i ship the cost will turn out to be same (or close to same)

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

just saw the video of the thermaltake case, the HDD mounting is very different from HAF 922.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
@OP
i suggest not to buy from Lynx, they have a very bad rep of treating customers badly after selling the product!
Also which course are you doing in Animation & from where? & which semester are you in?
I also suggest going for the Dell Ultrasharp! btw there is no big advantage of having HDMI cable over DVI other than that it can transfer Audio as well!

Can you fill the below questionnaire so we can suggest you a good config!
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:
4. Planning to overclock?
A:
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:

@Aditya
i suggest opening a new thread for you own config!

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
==========================================================

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Mainly Animation [ I m using maya,max,ps,ae,fusion etc.] but i am playing good grafix games too. [I love FPS, RTS n RPG games. Completed stalker all 3 part, witcher, COH etc.]

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: yeh sure but no to amd & if u suggesting any other product plez specify that how that product is good for me & why its good then my selected product. Posting just another product names coz u just read some where is not a good idea. No offence but i really love the member who is suggesting products with some info as we r posting for our pc config. here coz we have less hardware knowledge.

A: Rs.1,10,000/-

A: No

A: xp 32bit & window 7 64bit [ I love xp but for direct-x 11 i need window 7 ]

A: 2TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: I don't know means I never use 24" monitor so not sure about resolution. Which looks good i am going to use that.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 4 [ I know the updates n latest parts but really don't know which is better n why. i.e I saw some coolers with sleev bearing fan & some with rifal bearing fan & as i check over net i find sleev is silent but i don't konw which is better ? ]

A: Yes, I done this b4. I think 5year b4 when i purchase my 1st pc & i am really happy with my 1st pc.

A: When i am going to satisfy with my pc config but soon.

A: Yes...If autodesk launch Maya 2015 then at least i want the pc that going to run it nicely.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Amd, No to water cooling, No ssd for now.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: India -> Maharashtra -> Mumbai [ Going to purchase from Lamington Road ] No buying from other states & If need i will do online shopping for cabinet only coz i am not sure about safty of the products during shipping.

A: Want 23/24" monitor. Give suggestion with some good explanation. If u have any review on product give the link i will going to check that for sure.

My personal thinking.....Every product is having pros n cons. I saw many good n bad reviews on same product. I don't want to judge prodcts brand, services by members experience as its different form member to member, some having good experince with xfx, msi, evga but may be some not they loving asus, zotac, gigabyte as they have good expe. with this brands. I want brand which really giving quality products.

About vfm i am not thinkig that if x58 board coming with 10k then its a good vfm but what about its quality, durability, performance lots of things r there so i am not going over price if product quality is good & if its in my budjet then i will prefer that product.

Last edited:
OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
===============================================================

My Requirements....

Monitor = 23/24", protective screen which going to take care of my eyes as i am in animation distance between me & screen is very less. power saving as i am using my pc 24x7 [@ night i am doing downloading work & monitor is is sleep mode till morning ].

Really confus with 3 models all r around 15k
1] Dell U2311H 23" IPS [ IPS BUT23", 8ms g2g response [Don't know about typical Response], no HDMI port, Using higer Watt then LED ]
2] Dell G2410 24" LED [ No IPS, NO HDMI BUT less Watt then IPS, Good Response time, Good features n support ]
3] Samsung PX2370 23" LED [ No IPS, 23" BUT Having HDMI, Less watt then IPS, Good Response time, Good features n support ]

Motherboard = With good cooling & features. Futureproof.

Processor = Intel 930 [ Suggestions r welcome but no to AMD ]

Cooler = CM Hyper 212 Plus (RR-B10-212P-G1) [ No Overclocking ]

Cabinet = CM HAF 922 [ Suggestions r welcome ]

PSU = Corsair 750TX [ Suggestions r welcome ]

RAM = Corsair 6gb kit [ Slect model no plez. other Suggestions r welcome ]

GPU = MSI N470 Twin Frozer Design [ Need 4 3d Application & Some gaming ]

HDD = WD CB 1tb x 2

DVD Writer = Select model with SATA connection don't want IDE.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i suggest you AMD phenom II 1090t. it will benefit you more. read some reviews on Anandtech see how it thrashes 930 and some others in rendering and all.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

as for the graphics card get GTX460 in SLI. it will not only thrash GTX470 but even competes with HD5970.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

get Dell UltraSharp U2311H @ 15k. its IPS panel.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

dont waste money on low end coolers if you are not going to OC also.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
@Jaskanwar Singh
Plez give me link where amd trashes Intel 930 ? as i check that site in many benchmarks i7 920 beats amd & in some 920 is closer to ur amd. i7 920 is a 2.66ghz & 930 is 2.8ghz.

Anandtech [ in 3dmax test i7 920 beat ur amd & in other 920 is closer to ur amd so i am sure 930 will perform much better as well check hardwarecanucks reviews & I personally love Intel. May be AMD is fast but after some time amd reduces its performance but Intel performance is stays same till end as well Intel processor is having much less drawbacks then AMD & I am purchasing Nvidia so Intel is better :) :)

ya i am thinking about that sli idea..Its really good but i don't know then i have to increase psu to more Watt & I have to purchase Full tower case & better cooling products as 2 cards going to make lots of heat & if the anser is yes then i think its exceeds my budget.

Ya i also want to purchase Ultrasharp U2311H IPS but is that going to give me lag in games ? I hate Lag.

My pc is on 24x7 & sometimes i continuosly playing which makes lots of heat so any suggestion on cooler but don't want high end & water cooling system.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

What exactly is SLI ? means if I use gtx460 1gb 256mb X 2 cards then..

1] I will get profit of both cards together or is another card is only going to work whenever it needs most ???
2] If i use 1gb 256mb 2 cards in sli mode then i will get 2gb 512mb support or 2nd card is giving less support as its in sli ???

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

=============================================================================

Is EVGA X58 FTW3 part Noumber: 132-GT-E768-TR Good ? Its for approx 12500rs. Only problem with EVGA is all its product having 2years warrenty where other giving 3/5 years warrenty.

Last edited:

rajan1311

Padawan
^Dude, wait for another month, I7 950 will be dirt cheap, don't say "ur" AMD, he don work for them, he dont gain anything too. Just that with AMD Platform costs can be kept lower, giving you more money to spend on other things like a GTX 460 SLI setup instead of a single GTX 470.
SLI here means a dual card setup, 2 x GTX 460 768MB/1GB whatever fits your budget.

If you dont intend to OC, get the 1055T as the 1090T is a BE and your not using the obvious advantage it provides. EVGA FTW3 for 12.5k? you serious?where?

PS: the stuff you said about AMD being fast initially and performance fading away, that does not happen. Its a wrong impression you got.

mavihs

Techie By Heart

A: Mainly Animation [ I m using maya,max,ps,ae,fusion etc.] but i am playing good grafix games too. [I love FPS, RTS n RPG games. Completed stalker all 3 part, witcher, COH etc.]

A: yeh sure but no to amd & if u suggesting any other product plez specify that how that product is good for me & why its good then my selected product. Posting just another product names coz u just read some where is not a good idea. No offence but i really love the member who is suggesting products with some info as we r posting for our pc config. here coz we have less hardware knowledge.

A: Rs.1,10,000/-

A: No

A: xp 32bit & window 7 64bit [ I love xp but for direct-x 11 i need window 7 ]

A: 2TB

A: I don't know means I never use 24" monitor so not sure about resolution. Which looks good i am going to use that.

A: 4 [ I know the updates n latest parts but really don't know which is better n why. i.e I saw some coolers with sleev bearing fan & some with rifal bearing fan & as i check over net i find sleev is silent but i don't konw which is better ? ]

A: Yes, I done this b4. I think 5year b4 when i purchase my 1st pc & i am really happy with my 1st pc.

A: When i am going to satisfy with my pc config but soon.

A: Yes...If autodesk launch Maya 2015 then at least i want the pc that going to run it nicely.

A: Amd, No to water cooling, No ssd for now.

A: India -> Maharashtra -> Mumbai [ Going to purchase from Lamington Road ] No buying from other states & If need i will do online shopping for cabinet only coz i am not sure about safty of the products during shipping.

A: Want 23/24" monitor. Give suggestion with some good explanation. If u have any review on product give the link i will going to check that for sure.

My personal thinking.....Every product is having pros n cons. I saw many good n bad reviews on same product. I don't want to judge prodcts brand, services by members experience as its different form member to member, some having good experince with xfx, msi, evga but may be some not they loving asus, zotac, gigabyte as they have good expe. with this brands. I want brand which really giving quality products.

About vfm i am not thinkig that if x58 board coming with 10k then its a good vfm but what about its quality, durability, performance lots of things r there so i am not going over price if product quality is good & if its in my budjet then i will prefer that product.
First of all can you tell me the reason why your against AMD:?:
2nd Cabinet is the only thing you should think against buying online as the shipping cost is a lot!
3rd people recommend here on the bases of personal experience, reviews & other people experience so you should take them in mind!
BTW did you read this:-
@OP
i suggest not to buy from Lynx, they have a very bad rep of treating customers badly after selling the product!
Also which course are you doing in Animation & from where? & which semester are you in?
I also suggest going for the Dell Ultrasharp! btw there is no big advantage of having HDMI cable over DVI other than that it can transfer Audio as well!

i suggest you AMD phenom II 1090t. it will benefit you more. read some reviews on Anandtech see how it thrashes 930 and some others in rendering and all.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

as for the graphics card get GTX460 in SLI. it will not only thrash GTX470 but even competes with HD5970.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

get Dell UltraSharp U2311H @ 15k. its IPS panel.
+1 to all of the above 3 points!

Now for the config:-
i would suggest you a AMD config with a 1090T & a single GTX460 & save the rest of the money(rest of the config as Jaskanwar recommended)!
Reason: AMD is going to be taking out there 8 core CPU next year which is going to be compatible with your current mobo, so you will only have to change the proccy & your going to get a big boost in performance with that! Remember currently all the rendering is done on the proccy/CPU & a single GTX460 will suffix for your current gaming needs!

if you still don't want to go with AMD then i would tell you to wait for the i7 950 price drop in September!
you should know that next year Intel is going to phase out the current i3, i5 & i7 & will ring out new socket!

Top Bottom