Help with PC Config. under 1 lakh

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Help me to choose Keyboard & Mouse plez....final budget 5k for Keyboard, Mouse & Headphones.

Razer Arctosa gaming keyboard for Rs. 2,250.00 = No light but flat keys
Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse for 2150 = Total 5 Keys, 3500dpi
Total = 4400
OR

Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110 for Rs. 3,200.00 = Having custom colour light, Gseries macro keys,
Logitech MX 518 Optical Gaming Mouse for Rs. 1,250.00 = Having Total 7 keys, 1800dpi
Total = 4450

rajan1311

Padawan
I have a Death adder, have used the MX 518 at zapak, would go for the death adder if i were you. As for the keyboard, just get a decent one dude, why go for some flashy keyboard who's features are useless to you. I would say get a TVS gold for Rs700 and get a good mouse pad.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Thanks for reaply......Atually i am always working/playing in the dark at night & some times finding proper keys is bit tough & wrong key selection is also pain so i need some backlight for keyboard thats why from starting i am asking for keyboard which having backlight but as i love Razer1 also [which not having light] i am really confuse now.

knpprasad

Broken In
hi chalnger get keyborad razar lyosta special edition its gud for night play see in razar website price is 4.4k see
and mouse death adder is best

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
wow rajan1311..excellent suggestion. I really love that board & main thing is its from MS...Thanku so much for nice suggestion.

adityamgk

The GameFREAK is Online
@Challenger

so challenger wat is the final config of your pc that u have decided? Please mention all ur components with the price u are getting it for in mumbai...

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
@Challenger

so challenger wat is the final config of your pc that u have decided? Please mention all ur components with the price u are getting it for in mumbai...

+1. and also do not forget to post pics of them while in box pack after purchasing the stuffs. Just arrange them nicely on the floor or bed and CLICK.:smile:

adityamgk

The GameFREAK is Online
Guys i have finalized between these two motherboards but am not able to decide which one to buy.
1. MSI Big bang X-Power
2. Asus X58 TUF Sabertooth

Both have military class components and priced the same around 17.5k . So I am in fix which one to buy. Please post your suggestions on these two boards.

Vinraj

Right off the assembly line
Hey Challenger
I would like to give some useful suggestion
If you do not plan to go for SLI/CFX gaming in the future
Then seriously go for an "i7 870" instead of 'i7 930'

reason: 870 performs better than 930,920 in both applications and gaming. 870 draws lot lesser power reducing current bills and making lesser harm to environment.
870 core clock is 2.93Ghz(3.6 TB) vs 2.8 of i7 930(3.0 TB)

ref:Intel's Core i7 870 & i5 750, Lynnfield: Harder, Better, Faster Stronger - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

If u plan for sli or cfx, even then go for i7 870.
870 uses lga1156 mobos. 930 uses lga1366 mobos.
lga1156 goes x8 for its pcie lanes when connected in SLi/CFX.
and lga1366 retains x16 when in SLI/CFX.

So, Theoretically sli in lga1366 must run games at double speeds but practically the difference is always either nil or 1-2 fps diff.(Only in sli/cfx but not when using single graphic card) The diff is so less coz of the unique architecture of i7 870.

lga1156 mobos are cheaper than lga 1366

ref: forgot the links of reviews that shows sli/sfx in both lga1366 and 1156 as same.But believe me, its true and i saw the results in a number of sites.
If you plan to buy a hex core processor in future for the same mobo , then go for lga1366. Coz it has got support for hex core.

Also,lga1366 supports triple channel rams and 1156 support double channel. So buying 1156 will make you pay lesser for rams.
Note: running 4gb(2x2) vs 6gb(3x2) makes no differences in gaming or apps unless u do huge multitasking. This is proven everywhere just google and u see results. GO for Corsair 1600Mhz
*www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=s...tegory_id=137&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

If u are still interested in i7 930 despite lesser performance, higher costs for mobos, rams & higher electricity bills, Then i suggest you to take i7 950 instead of 930. coz both cost almost same now.
i7 950->Intel® Core? i7-950

Also, go for hd5870 instead of gtx480. Every game u play with highest settings enabled will show up greatly with 5870. gtx 480 is ofcourse faster than 5870 but at a cost of higher price, wattage, extreme fan noise and heat. If in future u want more power than u can simple add an xtra 5870
in cfx as prices drop.5870 does seriously great jobs in video or application editings

keybrd-> i would prefer razer lycosa or Microsoft sidewinder
mouse-> i like Microsoft sidewinder x5 or x8
mobo-> go for MSI P55 GD85( 11000/-)-excellent
Dont waste money for extreme motherboards unless u do benchmarkings in games, apps and overclock your CPU by 30%.
psu-> go for corsair750W. energy efficient & supports tri sli/cfx
casing-> i prefer NZXT phantom(got great reviews everywhere)
NZXT Phantom Crafted Series Cabinet

heatsink: Noctua C12P-SE14 140mm Fan -(Great results and very low noise,fits most mobos and in many types of cases).buying corsair h50is risky, i read reviews of leakage in newgg.com)
save the money with corei7 870 and HD5870 and invest in the following

headphones-> i like senheisser hd595.
sound card-> asus xonar st

And do not forget do buy a surge protector. Get a belkin gold surge protector. Protect ur high investment.(i dont work for belkin)

If u r still left with more money to spend, donate it to poor people..

Regarding monitor:
Dell ultrasharp is very good but one drawback is it has 8ms response time which makes fast moving objects shaky to see. Not good for me. But i dont own it actually. So anyone owning it, pls can u tell if this drawback is clearly making visible diff?.

I would actually prefer HP2310.excellent overall

Last edited:

bkarankar

Broken In
Guys i have finalized between these two motherboards but am not able to decide which one to buy.
1. MSI Big bang X-Power
2. Asus X58 TUF Sabertooth

Both have military class components and priced the same around 17.5k . So I am in fix which one to buy. Please post your suggestions on these two boards.

have you bought those, hows Sabertooth x58. i am planning to upgrade my system.

looking for I7 950+ Sabertooth X58. please let us know your view.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
@ vinraj/op- phantom is good but 8.4k is just too much for a cabby when you can get a pretty decent one at around half its cost.
No need of sound card, i think.
Headphones are steelseries siberia v2 @ around 8k. The best in business,
HSF is Spire thermax elipse II best cpu cooler ever made. I think so.
Mice,if you are going for hardcore gaming, then mamba is awesome. People might say its overpriced, but i'v kept my palm on that thing, & trust me, its devine..
And the most important thing, gimme the leftover money, i am poor...very poor.

Top Bottom