Help with downloading Oracle 10g db

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

veryordinary

Hello there,
I am trying to downlaod Oracle's 10g db personal edition for Win32 from Oracle.com. Despite repeated attempts, I am unable to even start the download. Either the request times out or I receive some server error. I have tried this using both IE & Firefox, using different computers etc. I saw a couple posts on the OTN forums about this, but haven't been able to find a solution. Any ideas....

Thanks

saROMan

QA Juggler
1st is it Legal..coz no Warez allowd here...2nd if its legal ...then give the link to d/l so that we can chk it out....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Ha, you figure that one out, lemme know. :D I've been trying it for a LONG LONG time now and it still isn't working. The first time I downloaded it and it didn't work, I posted in the Download forums there and contacted the OTN Customer Service people. They assured me that everything was working right and I should be able to download the file. I tried and it DID download, only to face an error while extracting the files. I contacted OTN CS again only to be told to redownload the file. I tried to, and same problem, nothing happens when I click the download link or at the most, I get a server timeout/page not available error. I contacted OTN CS again and they never replied. :lol:
After two weeks, I gave up and haven't been there again in over a month. Apparently, its not just the Windows version. I couldn't download the Linux version either, and the same problem exists with JDeveloper 10g. The guys at Oracle are really great! :D
It tries to contact two sites, downloads.oracle.com and download-east.oracle.com, and transfers control to the server and then promptly closes the connection. If you want to retain your sanity, you'll give up. :D

OP
V

veryordinary

Thanks for the replies. Apparently these download problems plague the Oracle servers from time to time. Not long ago I was able to download & install the 9i version. I haven't gone so far as to contact OTN CS people yet. My download attempts to connect to download-west.oracle.com & promptly conks after some time. I just can't imagine how a company like Oracle can afford to be so shabby. Anyways, I tried...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
veryordinary said:
just can't imagine how a company like Oracle can afford to be so shabby.

Amazing, isn't it? :D Yet with such a huge number of users facing problems, they still insist that everything is right with their site. I suppose us users are total fools for trying to download them in the first place. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom