Help with Divx(avi) Files To Vcd Conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
i have a big problem converting my existing divx(avi) files to Vcd easily.i have tried TMpgenc Virtua Dub and many other softwares but none seem to help me much or come up with some sorts of error every time and have not been able to convert a vcd succesfully yet from a divx file.i tried nero's vcd conversion too but the video was fine and the audio got screwed up. plz plz plz suggest me a software that would let me easily convert a divx file into a vcd one and i can preview it too urgently plz and it should be really simple.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
could you give us details ? First of all do u have any idea as to what codec has been used in the avi (audio codec). If its AC3 then u need to use the VirtualDub spcifically for AC3. You can use a tool call GSpot to sepecifically find out which audio/video codecs the avi file contains

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well i know the ac3 format requires separate coding procedure i have used gspot it says that it has mpeg layer 3 or the mp3 coding for audio and xvid codec for video but still am not able to perfectly cnvert any of them thats why i need some software which directly encodes these files without any separation.

demoninside

In the zone
if u want to write them try drug & drop in nero,
or use TMpeg latest version
or if u can`t get ur work done i`ll mail u some link of software(not having them now).

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
blade_runner said:
@allwyndlima: What exactly seems to be the problem ?

probs very simple for u but difficult to me may because i am not exactly able to convert this hefty proceudre of divx to vcd's just seems too complicated to me for u it might be pro stuff but man am a amateur at this so try help me out in dummy terms if everything would be as simple as draging and dropping files in nero and then converting them then i wouldn't have had probs but this involves more procedures like converting the audio first and then the video encoding so its difficult for me.now do u get it?so plzz understand.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
prankzter said:
try 'avi to vcd converter'..itz given in aug. digit dvd man!!!

Well try converting one and u will know for youself what crap that software is and if fine then tell me plzz.the name sounded good to me too and the interface looked promising too but in the End it doesnt work as planned and more off its a demo so no full movie conversion.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
allwyndlima said:
blade_runner said:

probs very simple for u but difficult to me may because i am not exactly able to convert this hefty proceudre of divx to vcd's just seems too complicated to me for u it might be pro stuff but man am a amateur at this so try help me out in dummy terms if everything would be as simple as draging and dropping files in nero and then converting them then i wouldn't have had probs but this involves more procedures like converting the audio first and then the video encoding so its difficult for me.now do u get it?so plzz understand.

Get TMPGenc for conversion and Gspot codec appliance to identify the codecs and audio codecs. TMPGenc is veru easy to use. Choose template, choose video/audio files and encode. If you need any specific help on TMPGEnc then lemme know.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey Blade thanks for the tip i am starting to use Tmpgenc now just getting stared so will let u know if any prolem with anything particular.can u come on yahoo messenger will try to ask u there if possible.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
blade_runner said:
allwyndlima said:
blade_runner said:

Get TMPGenc for conversion and Gspot codec appliance to identify the codecs and audio codecs. TMPGenc is veru easy to use. Choose template, choose video/audio files and encode. If you need any specific help on TMPGEnc then lemme know.

One thing to note here.....Use GSpot to verify the audio codec being used. The audio problem usually arises becoz the audio needed for VCD's is 44100 and usually its higher in AVI's (around 48800). You need to extract the audio seperately usuing virtual dub. Goto *www.videohelp.com or *www.videohelp.com. Plenty of guides there as to how to extract audio using virtual dub and also plenty of tutorial for using TmpgEnc.. Hope this helps!

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
allwyndlima said:
Hey Blade thanks for the tip i am starting to use Tmpgenc now just getting stared so will let u know if any prolem with anything particular.can u come on yahoo messenger will try to ask u there if possible.

PM me if you need any help at first.

Killer_Sam

Broken In
they are not errors ! actually the problem with the virtual dub is , its in the developemental stage ! so it gets crashed some times
wat you can do is try Video meu go to erros and click on the

* Conncel all the erros and start decoding from the next frame *

that might help ya a bit

or you can use Ulead Video studio , its the best bit kinda a bit slow
because of the heavy resources it uses

parthbarot

In the zone
i think ur AVI is already bad...
so it can not detect the right frames to convert to DAT
Tmpeg is good. ok?
but first aply it with DivFix that fixes errors in DivX Avi's.ok
mail me on my site...