HELP with configuration for buying a new PC

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
1. What is the purpose of the computer?
A: Software development, Gaming, Designing and Movies

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 55K (60K last)

4. Planning to overclock?
A: NO

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7, Ubuntu, Linux distros, (Mac OSX if possible)

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500GB or more

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 22'' monitor.. max res (preferably not widescreen)

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10?
A: 4-5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: No. Will get it assembled.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: 1-2 months

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: got a wireless keyboard-mouse combo, speakers

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Mumbai, Navi Mumbai

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: bluetooth required, wifi if possible

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
GeeNeeYes, 3 months is a long time and there may be lots of up and down within that time. I think you should open this thread maximum one month before planned purchase time, not now.

OP
GeeNeeYes

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
GeeNeeYes, 3 months is a long time and there may be lots of up and down within that time. I think you should open this thread maximum one month before planned purchase time, not now.
I will buy it even today if I decide on the configuration :) Basically I am planning to buy it in a month or so..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.65k
Intel DH67BL @ 6.4k
Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2*2GB @ 2.7k
MSI HD 6870 @ 14.7K
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
APC 800VA @ 3.5k

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hi GeeNeeYes

Since gaming and designing are your priority , sandybridge based cpu's will serve you good. Any type of software development can be done in this system. Check the following:

Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Intel DH67BL uATX, Socket 1155 @ 5.7k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 @ 2.3k
MSI N570 GTX (highly recommended) @ 21k
WD 1Tb Caviar Blue @ 2.6k
Seasonic 620W S12II-620 80+ Bronze @ 5.3k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
Benq G2220HD 21.5" @ 7.3k
Apc 1.1kva ups @ 4.5k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k

Total = 60.9k

Slightly overshoots your budget but very much balanced in my opinion. The video card will give very good playable framerates even with physx on in any title. You can go for an apc 800va ups @ 3.5k and reduce overall price a bit.

Last edited:

srch07

Journeyman
Above config. are good,
I would suggest go for DH67CL instead of DH67BL @ 6.5k , CL is an ATX version of motherboard compared to BL which in uATX.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H @ 7.5k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 @ 2.3k
Sapphire HD6970(recommended)/Zotac GTX570 @ 21.5k
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @ 2.7k
LG 22x Sata DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.5k
CM USP 100 @ 3k
DELL ST2220L @ 8.5k

Total - 60.4k

About GPU -
6970 performs better in 2-3 more dx11 than GTX570. 570 has physx support(if your gpu supports it why not?). you to decide...

srch07

Journeyman
Don't know i just compared your config with above ones, nothing else.
And there was no mention of Excluding UPS, so i assumed it shall be in config. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well it should be a trend in this forum to mention a reliable ups for the safety of expensive components of a buyer. They also provide surge protection and prevents loss of valuable data in power cuts. Really a must have.

About GPU

Both the cards perform more or less similarly while gtx 570 has upper hand in physx titles. Upcoming crysis 2 will also be an nvidia promoted game and may support nvidia physx instead of havoc physics engine used in old crysis. Gtx 570 also wins in 2-3 games in dx11 titles.

@ jaskanwar

Buddy, where did you got a 21.5k price tag for 6970? I guess its 23 -24 k. Can you confirm?

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
no problem buddy, i asked because previously we suggested if it was asked :-D.

Vicky ji i didnt say 570 bad. i said 6970 wins 2-3 more than 570 over 6970. check smc. it should be 21.5 - 22k AFAIK.

i have seen lot of promoted games from nvidia. similarly we have some favouring AMD. so it shouldnt be considered while suggesting a gpu.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Ya i know that. Even i said 570 wins over 6970 in 2-3 titles. Crysis 2 is not for promotion but it may use physx engine as its a new game sponsored by nvidia and may favour 570 more than 6970. Just a speculation from my side.

AFAIK in smc, they have listed MSI version of 6970 @ 23k excluding shipping.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
smc prices are with tax and shipping. i have ordered my rig from them. yup its 23k at smc. its msi one. i suggested sapphire.

let him check it at his place also. might be lower. who knows? if 23 then leave then not worth that 1.5k more then 570. but check it first. check 570 too but.

will do some research over crysis 2 and notify you. and 560 releasing tomorrow?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Jaskanwar and Vicky, one request from my side...Please stop these cold wars here and there between AMD and nVidia. It is a never ending battle.

Now regarding the config, Vicky and my config is pretty much same except the choice of Graphics card and Jaskanwar's was also very good.

But I think here GTX 570 is a better choice over its AMD ATI Counterparts. The reason is OP's requirement. If you check his post, he clearly mentioned that he is gonna run different versions of Linux on it.
Now We all know AMD has virtually ZERO support for their Drivers in Linux. So GTX 570, along with its better nVidia drive,r is a clear winner.

Why I've said to stop the fighting between AMD and nVidia is, it will actually deflecting us from the requirements of the OP. Rather than fighting which one is winner AMD or nVidia, concentrate on the requirements of the Op first.

In fact I was expecting you guys to catch this thing up before any of us. Both of you are becoming pro members. So please concentrate more on the name of the thread "HELP with configuration for buying a new PC". It is not "Who is better AMD or nVidia"

If I'm hurting ur feelings then I'm sorry.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Hey thanks for pointing it out buddy.Nice catch indeed.

So now a gtx 570 is a must have for op instead of a 6970.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hehehe each thread Vicky & jassy enters, OP is forced to run away. Jassy & Vicky, start a thread in Fight Club & kick each others butt till you both not satisfied. atleast half of the threads are affected by both of these two's arguments.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ sorry for that sam. But these are discussions rather than arguments. Me and jas are not fighting but reaching better conclusions.

But op's priority come first and hope our discussions are helping him out as well.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
no need to be sorry but you flood almost every thread with your graphics card discussion.

yes let op reply once & than see what he decides.

Top Bottom