Help on web hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
I have a forum for my college hosted on digitalthink.info (just in case you want to know, its not an ad), but the problem is that the server is mostly down, i don't know why? My question is can I upload the whole site on another server and keep it there too, so that if one is down, other works?

himtuna

Journeyman
Google got three IP address.
Man I dont know about how they do it, but I can tell a better host.
its byethost[dot]com I have been testing, developing,,and everything you say on their free sevice since my 11 standard. and moved to premium now.( i am not promoting please,ill move to someother next year because the support is not resourcefu)

Dont know about the uptime. Didnt check my site that much, but it was up whenever I wanted and perhaps the mx records were on whenever I wanted to check my mails..

college , i am also at college MSI, IP Univesity pursuing BCA.
We share same feelings, as you are working for good cause.
I am developing two portals
abacusclub.org (bought .info and .com too gonna recover them club fees)
its a tech club site, not restrcited to my college, but realy wanna spread its wings to other just contact me if you are interested in 'Inter-University programs'
and other is iputech.com its an education portal.

I can give some space to your forum and 1 mysql database and 1 ftp account, with respect of college-hood( all free :) )

Its not a good place to give mail ID. better PM me.

slugger

Banned
u got to set up a mirror site - it will automatically update the content from the original site at regular intervals o time

google site mirroring or sum similar keywords

himtuna

Journeyman
thanks for that piece of knowledge( site mirroring_.
but is it free? ( doesnot seem to be)
And what about the cookie domain and script path at the forum config?
two diff NS records?
I got to research more on this.
Thanks

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
One possible solution is to change ur Hosting Provider...

Another way is, as you have college site, ask ur college to purchase a good server n host site urself.. :|

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Yes you can do that, You can use multiple NS of two hosts and in case one is down, the Site points to other server :)

BTW, get reliable hosting at least with 99.9% uptime :)

himtuna

Journeyman
but having multiple NS means managing the sites databases between two webhosts.
we are not hosting the static sites!!!
its a forum.

and how do we realy get the site mirrored.
I wanna deploy on my sites too.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
but having multiple NS means managing the sites databases between two webhosts.
we are not hosting the static sites!!!
its a forum.

and how do we realy get the site mirrored.
I wanna deploy on my sites too.

HAving same DB across Multiple server means running a Rsync Script to keep the data synced at short intervals.

It it FAR FAR better to look for better host if you face any downtime. A downtime more than 1hr (MAX) for a month is un tolerable. :)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
As suggested by others, best solution is change your host provider. Most host provider shall transfer the site to their server for free, like I do. I transfer all sites for free, if its cpanel based site.

Last edited:
OP
DizitalNovice

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
Thank you all

Thanks guys for ur help. Two things, one, the site is not associated with the college, so can't ask them for anything. Two, How to have to NS, can you provide some details.
And Himanshu, Thank you for your generous offer. Will ask my other friends who are helping me, about it. Thanks again.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Re: Thank you all

How to have to NS, can you provide some details.
Each host provider have their own namesever like:
ns1.hostingcompany.com
ns2.hostingcompany.com

All you need is, login in domain control panel, and change the nameserver of the domain name . The new hosting company will give their nameserver address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom