HELP ON uTORRENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_arka_r

Broken In
GUYS,
i m having a problem with u-torrent; whenever i start it at night, it starts checking for the files in the torrent directory, and takes a hell lot of tym to start with the download...plz see image....

*img57.imageshack.us/img57/5529/utorryf0.jpg

any idea of WTH is going on???????

goobimama

 Macboy
Are you using Auto-shutdown in the morning or something? Cause if uTorrent is not quit the proper way, it will go through the checking routine, which is a very disk intensive process resulting in your machine coming to a grinding halt.

hansraj

In the zone
Go to Options> Preferences > Advanced > bt.graceful_shutdown
The default value here is false , change it to true. Now 95% of the times this problem will get solved.
It happens when u either do a force shutdown or the utorrent process is closed abruptly.

OP
s_arka_r

s_arka_r

Broken In
ya, dats the problem.....
i've scheduled windows to shut-down at 7.55am....

thanx guys........

hansraj

In the zone
@cooldip_10
Sometimes it happens just like that, probably there must be another reason as well which i dont know yet.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
The real reason is you didn't stop the download before closing the torrent.
YUp it is a posiiblity, as an abrupt close of the uTORRENT client w/out clicking on the STOP button causes this..
@cooldip_10
Sometimes it happens just like that, probably there must be another reason as well which i dont know yet.
The other possibility is the frequent changing the path of the files.

for eg: if u were d/load a torrent and the files were saved on d drive, then mid way, the next day, the user planned to shift the files onto a new folder in the same drive and then manually relocating the location of the half d/loaded files using uTORRENt..

Cheers n e-peace....

cooldip10

In the zone
that explains.. I always close uTorrent when downloading takes place..

@jebasingh85 : May be you are right.. The upload speed may be set incorrectly. How do I change it??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
go to any dsl spped checking sites like DSLspeed (search it on google) or www.speedtest.net and check ur upload and d/load speeds and according to that set it in µ TORRENT Preferences>Connections

Btw, for a 256 kbps (notice that it is kbps with a small 'b' as in kilobits) d/load speed in µTORRENT must be set as 0 (zero) wich is unlimited adn upload speed be set to values b/w 5 to 10 (u will hv to experiment on various upload values (b/w 5 to 10) to see wich suits u the best.. :)

Edit: my 256 kbps MTNL TRIBAND connection has upload speed set to 8 kBps (wich is 8x8=64 kbps)..

But yes, the seeders to leechers ration also matter, try to get a torrent where seeders/leechers ration is more than 1 .. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

persan

Right off the assembly line
its bcoz if u ur comp shutdown suddenly r if u switch off without proper shutdown than d torrent will not b closed properly so when it starts again than it will check through d file n than start downloading so if at all before shutting down exit d utorrent nor shutdown system correctly than u wont get this problem!!!!!!!!:)

cooldip10

In the zone
My speedtest is showing results of=> Download V: 253 kbps and Upload ^: 105 kbps.

And my uTorrent has stopped working. It never downloads anything. What should I do??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
d/load of 253 kbps (kilo bits) = 31.6 KBps(Kilo Bytes)
u/load os 105 kbps (kilo bits) = 13.1 KBps (kilo Bytes)

These values are applicable for ur uTORRENT in PREFERENCES>CONNECTIONS
But set the D/load limit as 0 (zero)

now, u hv given a out of the box reply wich makes no sense "my uTORRENT has stopped working and it never d/loads anything"

THis will not help us to solve ur problem, plz be specific and tell the nature of the error faced by u....

this query is similar to asking 'my PC is not working'

1.) But, check wether any anti virus is blocking uTORRENT, also check if the in built Windows Firewall is DISABLED (do not worry, its safe to DISABLE it)

2.) Also, see the status of the TORRENT, if the tracker is DOWN ('offline' or 'not working' or 'timed out' kind of msgs are flashed).

3.) See if the torrent has 0 (zero) seeds or sumthing like that.

4.) See if the availability ratio of that particular torrent is above 1.000 (as this means u hv a minimalistic chance to get the full file d/loaded even thou it may take ages..)

Cheers n e-peace.....

cooldip10

In the zone
^^ OK here goes the details:
Today I added a torrent which had 34 seeds and 5 leechers(Plz explain what they mean) . It started downloading after some (~2minutes) time.
But when I added a torrent which had 10 seeds and 5 leechers it didn't start even. It was a complete stand still. Some information in General Tab shown: "Status: Not working. "
"Connection can't be made because the site refused to ..(something can't remember)."

I use Zonealarm and I've set things correctlly there. NO restriction from there.
Then is it due to the torrents available that they work or not?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
well

1.) seeders are the ppl who hv the complete 100% of the file (or its complete 100% parts)

2.) Leechers are the ppl who DO NOT hv the complete 100% of the file (they maybe in the process of d/loading the files) the same as u do or I do wen we d/load a file.

3.) Peers=Seeders+leechers

4.) The General Tab status saying "NOT WORKING" itself means that the torrent is Not working. It also displays the msgs as Timed Out, Tracker Offline (for more info see the uTORRENT FAQs by goin to HELP > uTORRENT FAQ.

5.) Some of the Torrents are corrupted or they DO NOT hv many seeders hence the uTORRENT cannot d/load the files..

______________________________-

Cheers n e-peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom