Help on Deciding a cell phone with budget around 18K

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
N79 has brighter display, better sound quality, FP2, better keypad and FM transmitter. It also comes with two extra colour covers and a remote in headset, as well as a 4 GB memory card.

N82 on the other hand has graphics accelerator and better camera performance. Now you need to decide which one you prefer.

Personally I would just get the 5800 XpressMusic because of the larger, touchscreen display.

OP
JAK

JAK

What the Heck !
umm...nothing. For camera N82 is better, for Keypad & looks N79 is better

in everything else N82 is either better then N79 or similar.

You haven't mentioned what is your primary requirements from the phone?

Primary requirements hmm....
For 18k+ it shud be one hell of a phone...
DO NOT NEED TOUCH SCREEN
Need a good cam
need Wifi & 3G (will obviously get it in 20K price range)
shudnt slowdown at any point of time
Shud remain in market for atleast another 3 years

Reading gxsaurav's adventure with FM transmitter in the car thing.. I am really impressed...

but can anyone shed some light on the below fact

N82 has 2x1 332 MHz CPU(ARM 11) + HW GFX Accelerator
&
N79 has 1x1 369 MHz CPU(ARM 11)

logically N82 shud run more faster(handle apps better) right...:?:

-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
@krates

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/nokia/nokia-n79-02.jpg
that black N79 looks cooool :cool:

Posted again:
Went to the site reffered by clayman...
here is the conclusion of that comparision
*i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg149/izzner/comparision.jpg
courtesy claman's post/link

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Primary requirements hmm....
DO NOT NEED TOUCH SCREEN
Need a good cam

Then go for N82 as you are giving more emphasis to camera then the looks & keypad.

Power UP

In the zone
N79 has brighter display, better sound quality, FP2, better keypad and FM transmitter. It also comes with two extra colour covers and a remote in headset, as well as a 4 GB memory card.

N82 on the other hand has graphics accelerator and better camera performance. Now you need to decide which one you prefer.

Personally I would just get the 5800 XpressMusic because of the larger, touchscreen display.

Krazzy check out the v31. Sound quality is the same. v20 and below seemed to had some bugs which gave lower sound quality mostly noise at certain frequencies, even battery was low.
As for brightness lol hack ur phone.
And for the price difference one get a 4gb heck one can even get 8gb.
As for 5800, i wouldnt recommend it now due to the defects that are surfacing in various sites. Better wait for a few months, most likely old stock would replaced by then.

@jak: n79 & n82 are both good phones, pick anyone and you wont regret.

clayman

Broken In
JAK wrote: "logically N82 shud run more faster(handle apps better) right...:?:"

@
JAK
yep. n82 runs faster than n79.
you can also make n79 run as fast as n82 but you have to turn off the transitions which is a special feature n79's Feature Pack 2. But whats the point of having a cell with FP2 then?

OP
JAK

JAK

What the Heck !
Ok guys I think i'll go and get a N79....

just a last bit clarification...
how good is NokiaMaps application ...??
what are the charges..???

k4ce

Youngling
@ jaks ... nokia maps is free ( navigation will cost u) ... but if u don want directions and stuff , free .... its gud ... i use it ... but it has only big cities maps in india ...

its better off u can use MGMaps with offline maps

OP
JAK

JAK

What the Heck !
@ JAK

Finally before u buy i ask ur requirements , tell us

Primary requirements
DO NOT NEED TOUCH SCREEN
Need a good cam

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Primary requirements
DO NOT NEED TOUCH SCREEN
Need a good cam

Sure then go for N82

N79 is good , but if need camera like Digital CAm then choose N82 & also the power full hardware ... which keeps phones faster

N79 is getting slower installing many application .....

So check with the review completely :!::!::!::!:

utsav

damn busy...
No chance for N82 then:lol:

In the present scenario very rare phones stay in the market for 3 yrs . I bet N79 will be stopped within an year or two max. But N82 is here to stay.

For example N73 is still in market evn after 3years coz its a super succesfull phone but N78 stopped within a year of release which was meant to substitute N73 .

There is a very tight competition between n82 and n79 and as n82 has a very high user base and very good feedback all over the internet which helps nokia to sell more handsets so its very unlikely that n82 is stopping any soon.
And its a common trend with nokia that if they have two competing handsets in the same price range then they tend to stop production of the newer model .

And frankly speaking, high end phones cant be used for 3yrs generally as the user will feel an urge to upgrade within 2 years.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Primary requirements
DO NOT NEED TOUCH SCREEN
Need a good cam

Now go and buy N79. It is better in every sense except speed and camera..

But still the speed and camera are good enough

get N79 looks good , have much more features then N82 ,new s60 version with goodies...

N82 is old and looks pathetic but got a great cam....

well just one thing .. don't you think a phone worth 20k should have good looks even ?? else when you will take out your phone somewhere no one gonna notice you got a great phone...

N79 speakers are better then N82 :D

N82 is just a powerful phone :). whereas N79 got power + looks

3 years ?? i can't comment on that .

But don't worry N79 user base is also growing so it may stay.....

utsav

damn busy...
Now go and buy N79. It is better in every sense except speed and camera..

But still the speed and camera are good enough

get N79 looks good , have much more features then N82 ,new s60 version with goodies...

N82 is old and looks pathetic but got a great cam....

well just one thing .. don't you think a phone worth 20k should have good looks even ?? else when you will take out your phone somewhere no one gonna notice you got a great phone...

N79 speakers are better then N82 :D

N82 is just a powerful phone :). whereas N79 got power + looks

3 years ?? i can't comment on that .

But don't worry N79 user base is also growing so it may stay.....

Tu toh N82 k peeche haath dhokar padh gaya hai. Whatever. I gav my suggestions and i will stick to it. and u r saying N79 got looks? Seriously u hav a very bad taste then. I would say if n79 scores 5 on 5 on looks then N82 scores 4 on 5. What u mean by pathetic looks? U r saying as if N82 looks like some chinese phone.
Dude Nokia is very smart they always think and decide what numbering pattern should they use for a particular phone model . Even though N82 got the hardware of N95 8GB but still it lacks at some points compared to N95 8GB. If N79 would hav been better than N82 then nokia would hav named it anything between N83 and N89. Just think on it and you will understand.
And the dual core cpu +3D GPU of N82 is enough to kickass N79 when loads of apps r installed and run.
Now its the buyers personal choice what to buy.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Actually we dont have something revolutionary in mobile camera still....its only increase in megapixel...
n86 have something new atleast..variable aperture

I wanna see mainly wide angle lens & optical zoom..

All fancy things like smile shutter,image stabilizer are of not much use.

As soon as this will come N82 will retire for sure:lol:...Untill that hail the king:grin::grin:

utsav

damn busy...
As soon as this will come N82 will retire for sure:lol:...Untill that hail the king:grin::grin:

Hahahaha man u made my day :lol: nokia is never gonna retire N82 until they bring out any other phone with xenon flash. And hav u seen the expected price for n86? :lol:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Tu toh N82 k peeche haath dhokar padh gaya hai. Whatever. I gav my suggestions and i will stick to it. and u r saying N79 got looks? Seriously u hav a very bad taste then. I would say if n79 scores 5 on 5 on looks then N82 scores 4 on 5.

lol just name a phone in nokia which looks good ?? atleast this one is an exception..
What u mean by pathetic looks? U r saying as if N82 looks like some chinese phone.
yes it does ... now if you want to know how badly it sucks in looks go and give a sneek peek in that 20k budget thread by iatb.gaurav... and check out dreamcatcher post :lol:

Dude Nokia is very smart they always think and decide what numbering pattern should they use for a particular phone model . Even though N82 got the hardware of N95 8GB but still it lacks at some points compared to N95 8GB.
If N79 would hav been better than N82 then nokia would hav named it anything between N83 and N89. Just think on it and you will understand.

oh so you mean to say n85 is not better than n95 WTF... :lol:
And the dual core cpu +3D GPU of N82 is enough to kickass N79 when loads of apps r installed and run.
when i never felt ever that my N73 has gone really slow with 85 applications and 20 games then :lol: you can understand yourself

Now its the buyers personal choice what to buy.
+1

utsav

damn busy...
when i never felt ever that my N73 has gone really slow with 85 applications and 20 games then :lol: you can understand yourself

Haha. :lol: even i never felt that my n73 has gone slow after installing 100+ apps but when i used N82 i realized how slow N73 was. Lol dude .

Actually what happens is that when we install apps one by one then our phone becomes little slower and we become used to it. So thats the reason we dont feel speed difference much. But in reality it slows down a lot.

oh so you mean to say n85 is not better than n95 WTF... :lol:

I never said that n85 sucks in comparison to n95 but just play global racer on both of them and u will realize that n95 has got punch thats y it still costs 25k

yes it does ... now if you want to know how badly it sucks in looks go and give a sneek peek in that 20k budget thread by iatb.gaurav... and check out dreamcatcher post :lol:

I dont care what daydreamer thinks of n82 coz he always hates nokia phones. I hated n82 when it was Launched in silver but loved the black one .if nokia wouldnt hav launched black n82 then i would hav never bought it even if it was 10times better than its nearest competitor.
Posted again:
Aur agar tu impression marne k liye looks ki baat kar raha hai toh tension na le. Just the N Series tag is enough to drop the jaws of most guys and gals. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom