Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xqub33

Broken In
Can Anyone Please Tell me the best FREE antispyware and anti malware available and also the links to download them????

OP
X

xqub33

Broken In
i have one more query
my computer had win xp installed. i installed win 7 on a dual boot.
after abt 1 month i used EASEUS partioion manager to delete the partions which contained win 7 and merged its space with other partions. now whenevr i boot i get the menu to choose btw xp and win 7 ,which is not present.how do i fix this???
thanks in advance.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
i have one more query
my computer had win xp installed. i installed win 7 on a dual boot.
after abt 1 month i used EASEUS partioion manager to delete the partions which contained win 7 and merged its space with other partions. now whenevr i boot i get the menu to choose btw xp and win 7 ,which is not present.how do i fix this???
thanks in advance.

You can just edit the boot.ini file (present in windows drive) to remove the OS name.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^Yup that's right!! Here are the steps:

1. Rightclick My Computer and select properties.
2. Select Advanced and click on Startup and Recovery
3. Click Edit(it will open boot.ini) and delete the line having Windows 7 in quotes. Save it and click on OK.

That's done!!

OP
X

xqub33

Broken In
but it does not show any line containing win 7
here's what it shows:::
;
;Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.
;Warning: Use BCDEDIT.exe to modify Windows Vista boot options.
;
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
That's strange!! :-?^Which one is by default highlighted?? If it's WinXP then try by changing the value of timeout from 30 to 0. It will not show the menu as the time for displaying it is changed to 0 seconds!!

Or take a loot at this: *www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1040/vista_how_to_uninstall_vista_dual_boot_machine/

And this

*www.ditii.com/2009/01/28/how-to-modify-windows-7-boot-loader/

Last edited:
OP
X

xqub33

Broken In
well thanks for helping but the thing is that in boot menu win 7 is selected by default so setting the timeout to 0 would probably make the win 7 boot........also i don't have my win xp cd
so the link is not much helpful
i think this is happening bcoz i deleted the partion instead of formatting it......
any comments??

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^^Before deleting you should have modified the boot.ini file as is given in the second link.

Check this: *www.techspot.com/vb/topic88921.html

Also check this: *windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/2950-windows-7-boot-ini-file.html

Otherwise clean install is the best....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom