Help needed for 'value for money' upgrade

kapilove77

Padawan
1st of all you have 22k budget only. 2nd you rate urself 3. but still you ignore expert advise here. Get 1 thing clear if you have low budget go with amd if not increase ur budget for intel atleast 40k or more and stop whining about amd is bad or something.:sealed:

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
I don't agree to this. I want a best value 4 money config. With monitor, cabinet, graphics card, ups, keyboard, mouse out of question, 22000 is not a low budget. I am not a gaming freak but the configuration would be upgraded next year.

Missed that but HDD and speakers are also not required.
Also, as the prices (espec. CPU) is high, I will increase my budget slightly if required.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Then tell us the maximum or never exceeding budget of yours. For Intel based rig, change the CPu and motherboard to:
(Referred to D6bmg's config)

Intel Core i5 2400 @ 10K
IntelDH67BL-B3 @ 5K/ Intel DH67CL-B3 @ 5.5K

Rest will be same and end of discussion. I don't want any Intel Vs AMD fight here.

kapilove77

Padawan
I don't agree to this. I want a best value 4 money config. With monitor, cabinet, graphics card, ups, keyboard, mouse out of question, 22000 is not a low budget. I am not a gaming freak but the configuration would be upgraded next year.

It's ur wish i am just telling you need better budget for intel.

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
Thanks a lot to everyone who helped in choosing my system.

I have my system ready with following components.

Intel Core i5 2400 + Intel DH67CL-B3 = 16050
Corsair 1333 MHz 4GB X 1 DDR3 Value RAM = 1100
Corsair CX 500 v2 PSU = 3000
DVD Writer HP 24X = 950
PS2 to USB = 50
Total = 21150

After windows 7 installation, I am facing a problem similar to faced by many related to graphics drivers.
One link similar to my problem
*superuser.com/questions/369471/my-computer-sees-dvi-connection-as-vga-and-newest-intel-graphic-driver-causes-bl

Anybody who can point to a existing thread for solution or discussion.
Thanks in advance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
have you tried installing the drivers that came with motherboard? or why not download fresh drivers & install them. such a thread was created a week or so ago but AFAIK it failed to find a working solution.

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
@Sam, I have tried with both graphics drivers.

Started a new thread for the problem I am facing

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/150502-urgent-help-please-stuck-up-graphics-problem-win-7-64-bit-intel-dh67cl.html

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
I think I am missing something.

My existing case has a top mounted PSU.
The way Corsair CX500 v2 has been mounted is that the fan faces the CPU.

Is this the right way of fitting the PSU ?

(Check the Case pics at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/pc-components-configurations/5672d1323197981-help-needed-value-money-upgrade-06122011736.jpg)

Also, I have been told that 120 mm fan can't be installed in my cabinet. Is it really necessary or one small exhaust fan (at the back) would serve the purpose ?

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1. Fit your PSU in the opposite direction (i.e. fan facing lower side) to avoid the fan positioning problem.
2. One existing exhaust fan is enough for your present config as the amount of generated heat is minimal.

OP
D

djrocky

Broken In
Sorry if I am repeating and if I have understood correctly.
1. Fit your PSU in the opposite direction (i.e. fan facing lower side) to avoid the fan positioning problem.
Does this mean that PSU will be fitted at the top of the cabinet with the fan facing the motherboard/CPU downwards ?

Related to my other question-
Also, I have been told that 120 mm fan can't be installed in my cabinet. Is it really necessary or one small exhaust fan (at the back) would serve the purpose ?
As the fan is small and noisy, is there any better replacement for this fan ?

Top Bottom