azzu

AJJU
i just installed Fedora
but to my bad luck i installed it on a wrong drive which had up to 8 gb of DATA
how do i recover it i had formatted it in linux installation
help me guy's fast

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Um....AFAIK recovering data from a formatted partition has a very low chance of success.
And since you also installed fedora on it , it would most probably use most of the space(assuming its a full install),i'd say its almost not possible to get ur data back.

Regards,
ray

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Sorry mate :(.But that's the fact.
Formatting alone lessens the chances of recovery and u also installed an OS too......Gotta say it aint gonna be possible.Downside is that linux got very less data recovery tools and windows ones dont support linux file systems i think.

Regards,
ray

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Ya,but windows tools dont support linux file systems.
But either way i dont think u can recover any data.
Data recovery tools work best when the sectors that were occupied by the data that was lost arent modified in any way.
But in your case,you formatted and also wrote over the sectors.
Not gonna be possible i guess.

Regards,
ray

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
y man. It aint gonna work.

In case u just formatted and a Partition with any Windows FS and havent written anything on it then there was a possibility of even full recovery but formatting with Linux FS and then overwritting it with Linux installation means dead end.

gregory_gnr

Right off the assembly line
Hi There,
My name is Greg and I am very new to this forum of think digit.
Now I have a problem arrised in front of me.
Okay the problem is that I have Installed Fedora Core 4 on my system which already had Windows XP SP2.
Fedora has been installed properly but the problem is that no drivers has be loaded. My PC Configuration is this:
Asus M2N-MX Motherboard having nVidia 6610 display chipset.
Sound Max Audio Drivers.
nFore (Gigabit) Lan drivers.
It is a 64 bit PC.
But the fedora that I installed is not a 64 bit version
so what should I do know how can i install the drivers in fedora.
And I also have a 80GB SATA HDD.
The 1st partition is NTFS And 3 Partition are of FAT32.
Now how can I mount this drive in fedora.
Please If anyone can help me in this matter please help me.
my email address is : greg_forums@yahoo.com

NucleusKore

TheSaint
First of all Greg don't give out your email address like that unless you want spam, and lots of it.
I think Fedora 4 is a little old for your rig. Use Fedora 8, thats the latest. And if you're new to linux don't start with Fedora unless you want it for a particular purpose. Use Open SuSE or Ubuntu.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
> BUMPING old thread ?

But yes.. dont give ur mail address in public places, like this forum.. you will recieve a bunch of SPAMs in ur inbox within a week.. if u recieve.. please ignore it..!

praka123

left this forum longback
@greg: it is abosolutely OK to have 32-bit distro in 64-bit capable system.regarding mounting of ur win partitions,try *fedorafaq.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom