Status
Not open for further replies.

vinith98

Broken In
Hello people I want to download Ubuntu linux which is a large file (approx 700mb) which may take a long time at my internet speed. So I have decided to download it elsewhere at a faster speed, but i wont be able to download it at once, So I want to ask you if there is a software that would help me to download the file part by part.
Also I have heard about Bittorrent which I heard would help to download large files quickly, Please help me regarding this as I am completely new to this.I have some of my friends who tell me that it is possible to get any software or e-books using Bittorrent, please tell me if this is possible, if yes please tell me how??

Please help,

Vinith

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
It is generally against the forum rules to discuss on the bit torrents.
I would suggest you to use Internet Download Manager or Mass Download manager for downloading as they offer maximum possible download speeds with resume capablity.

shashank4u

Youngling
why to download..order ubuntu linux for free
*shipit.ubuntu.com/
i got 5 linux ubuntu printed disks some time before..
that will help u i think..

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
yeah.. i too got 10 ubuntu, 10 kubuntu, and my frend has got 50 CD pack.. it will be delivered with in 15 days with fully protected cover.. !!

You can order a mixed cascade too...

hailgautam

Youngling
get an old pc world they had given 6.10 in jan 07 and 6.06 in july 06. if you are some where near me you can collect from me.

And one more thing, have a suggestive subject..
Help me!!!
suggests that you have fallen in a well or something similar, and then you have no job asking for some in a tech forum. :D

Last edited:

hailgautam

Youngling
Ubntu 6.10 is as latest as you can get buddy. Since you have Jan PCW DVD, burn a CD out of the Ubuntu ISO on the DVD and get going. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom