HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm facing a serious problem
I switched on my system one night and it started as always....then suddenly i got this screen saying that windows wasn't shut down properly last time and wanted to know how i want to start windows...

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Network
Safe Mode with cmd
Last known good Config
Normally

whatever option i choose, about 3 seconds after choosing, my system RESTARTS!!!!! I DUNNO WHAT TO DO????!!!!!! THIS HAPPENS CONTINOUSLY

AM GONNA BE SO SCREWED IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG...

All i did before this happened was:
i took the LCD monitor connected to that PC out and connected a CRT to it coz i wanted to give the LCD for servicing...... HELP!!!!

OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
Intel Dual core 1.8 Ghz
Foxconn 82945G Mobo with intel 945 chipset
1gb RAM
80gb HDD
LG DVD/RW
Win XP Professional SP3
iBall PSU

It's a PC mainly used for writing articles and stuff.....i've got a different one for gaming...this one's my moms!!!!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
See if you can boot via safe mode. If not then do the following:
Boot the system via windows disk.
During the setup, select the option R to go to recovery console.
When you get a dos-like screen, type chkdsk /r to repair the windows.
A word of advice. This will repair your system32 file, etc but it will take a lot of time to do so. Your data will be intact but certain 3rd party software might not work, which you will have to re-install.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Hi,
I'm facing a serious problem
I switched on my system one night and it started as always....then suddenly i got this screen saying that windows wasn't shut down properly last time and wanted to know how i want to start windows...

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Network
Safe Mode with cmd
Last known good Config
Normally

whatever option i choose, about 3 seconds after choosing, my system RESTARTS!!!!! I DUNNO WHAT TO DO????!!!!!! THIS HAPPENS CONTINOUSLY

AM GONNA BE SO SCREWED IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG...

All i did before this happened was:
i took the LCD monitor connected to that PC out and connected a CRT to it coz i wanted to give the LCD for servicing...... HELP!!!!
Chance are only your boot.ini is corrupted so no need to reinstall.
Follow these as sorcerer said
Boot the system via windows disk.
During the setup, select the option R to go to recovery console.
When you get a dos-like screen
But instead of chkdsk use fixboot command.If you want any help regarding this just enter help to get info about these commands.Try bootcfg after this to confirm that the OS entry is valid.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Also try FIXMBR after FIXBOOT,if master boot record is corrupted.

Last edited:

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Press "Delete" key to go to BIOS. From there, there would be an option of selecting "First boot device", set CD-ROM as ur first boot device.

Now insert XP disk, u'll get a prompt like "Press any key to boot from CD" , press any key there. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom