Help me with this please- this has become a real challenge to me now

king rrr

Broken In
i want to scan my old book and save it in pdf format. But i am getting an output file like as if i have taken a photo with my camera i.e, when i open the output file in pdf reader, the document is in the center with all the white screen around it. Usually the entire screen should be filled with the document (i am using A4 size, 300 dpi settings for scanning).
some reasons, i am not able to upload the files. so, i cannot post the files here.
Please help me guys.

OP
K

king rrr

Broken In
It looks like as if i am taking a long shot photo and viewing it on my computer.

Camera as in phone camera or stand alone camera?
whats the difference dude.

This happens usually. Don't be worried about that. I don't think its wise to waste time on scanning---
Even a small problem which cannot be solved for a long time means its a difficult one and it wont look like a small problem anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

GUYS, THIS IS NOT SOME STUPID TWITTER OR SOME OTHER SOCIAL NETWORK. I DONT WANT SOME STUPID REPLIES, LIKE SaiyanGoku DID
I REALLY NEED A SOLUTION. PLEASE HELP.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^
:facepalm:

Is your book's size A4? If not then set the scan size same as the book's size and change the scanner settings to save the output as pdf instead of jpeg. And since scanning usually has excess ram usage, its not recommended to scan books unless you have 8 GB or higher ram.

If you want people to help you, you shouldn't post stupid queries yourself.

Edit: And please don't try to "scan" books using any camera. Use a proper scanner.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
You need OCR software to convert the scans. most OCR softwares can scan directly. *www.google.com/search?q=OCR

OP
K

king rrr

Broken In
First of all, thank you guys, who are trying to help me.
But this wont help as I understood that its bit difficult for u to understand the real problem i am facing without me posting the scanned files.
But dammit, the files are failing to upload.

I HAVE TWO FILES CONVERTED FROM PDF TO JPEG AND THEY ARE LESS THAN 90KB IN SIZE. HELP ME UPLOAD THE FILES. I TRIED PROPERLY A DOZEN TIMES TO UPLOAD THE FILES BUT ITS SHOWING FILE UPLOAD FAILED.

OP
K

king rrr

Broken In
^
:facepalm:

Thank you saiyangoku for trying to help me. But please please please read my post again carefully and reply.

Is your book's size a4? If not then set the scan size same as the book's size and change the scanner settings to save the output as pdf instead of jpeg. And since scanning usually has excess ram usage, its not recommended to scan books unless you have 8 gb or higher ram.
Not a4, the size is adjusted likewise, ouput is pdf, plenty of ram

if you want people to help you, you shouldn't post stupid queries yourself.
Please read my post again

edit: And please don't try to "scan" books using any camera. Use a proper scanner.
please read my post again

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
First of all, thank you guys, who are trying to help me.
But this wont help as I understood that its bit difficult for u to understand the real problem i am facing without me posting the scanned files.
But dammit, the files are failing to upload.

I HAVE TWO FILES CONVERTED FROM PDF TO JPEG AND THEY ARE LESS THAN 90KB IN SIZE. HELP ME UPLOAD THE FILES. I TRIED PROPERLY A DOZEN TIMES TO UPLOAD THE FILES BUT ITS SHOWING FILE UPLOAD FAILED.

upload it to imgur and post a link here.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I am assuming I got your problem right.

When you scan any doc, it shows you the scanned result, and to modify "Scan selection area" to save it. And if you don't modify it, it will save the complete scan area, and you will get the similar results as you're getting, i.e. image in centre/whatever position you put, and white area filled around it.

So may be you just need to adjust scan selection area (akin to crop), and that should do the trick.

OP
K

king rrr

Broken In
*picasaweb.google.com/113196602003003098952/July22015

- - - Updated - - -

*picasaweb.google.com/113196602003003098952/July22015#6166770104456139522

*picasaweb.google.com/113196602003003098952/July22015#6166770103601661554

- - - Updated - - -

these are the files

- - - Updated - - -

IGNORE THE ABOVE LINKS , FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW-

Correct
wrong

the first link- correct.pdf is scanned using hp scanner (this is the desired output).
the second link- wrong.pdf using my new samsung scanner.

Guys, believe me i tried every settings possible. I even scanned to jpeg and converted to pdf. but i am getting the same output. I dont think there is any problem with samsung printer/scanner. I think i am missing something. My samsung scanner model is SCX-3401 (DRIVERS UPDATED).

DONT SUGGEST ME TO CALL THE SAMSUNG SERVICE PERSON. THEY ARE HOPELESS. I WANT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR HELP.

LEAVE THESE ATTACHED FILES TOO. THEY ARE NOT OPENING.

Attachments

• Correct(2).pdf
    39.2 KB · Views: 170
  • wrong.pdf
    39.2 KB · Views: 142
Top Bottom